Saturday's League One reports

Bradford City 2-0 Chesterfield

Mark Marshall and Jordy Hiwula both scored for their second match in a row as Bradford extended their unbeaten run to six games with a home win over Chesterfield.

The result secured their second double of the season and lifts them into fourth place in League One, level on points with Rochdale but above them on goal difference.

Marshall put Bradford in front after 22 minutes when he received the ball on the right from Josh Cullen and cut into the penalty area before scoring with a superb right-foot shot low into the far corner of the net.

Ched Evans twice went close to equalising for Chesterfield. First, he took advantage of a mix-up between Bradford captain Romain Vincelot and fellow defender Nathaniel Knight-Percival before slipping the ball out to Reece Mitchell on the left and then just failing to connect when Mitchell returned the ball into the box.

He then latched on to former Bradford midfielder Gary Liddle's pass only to see his low, right-foot shot rebound off the post.

Marshall and Nicky Law then had shots saved by Ryan Fulton before Bradford doubled their lead in the 44th minute when Cullen's low cross from the right was met by the on-rushing Hiwula, who fired the ball into the net from close range.

Hiwula, Marshall and Law went close to adding to Bradford's lead in the second half as the Bantams maintained their unbeaten home record.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Bristol Rovers 5-0 Northampton Town

Ellis Harrison struck a hat-trick inside seven first-half minutes and ended with four goals as Bristol Rovers thrashed Northampton at the Memorial Stadium.

Harrison's first three strikes came between the 17th and 24th minutes as Rovers brushed aside the visitors, who showed little appetite for the fight.

Rovers had taken the lead after seven minutes with a well-struck right-foot shot from the edge of the penalty area by Billy Bodin, which gave visiting keeper Adam Smith no chance.

Harrison headed his first from James Clarke's right-wing cross but needed the intervention of referee Gavin Ward, who overruled his assistant who had flagged for a non-existent offside.

It was 3-0 to Rovers after 21 minutes as Chris Lines' corner was headed back across goal by Mark McChrystal and Harrison bundled the ball across the line from close range.

Harrison completed his treble three minutes later when Lee Brown crossed from the left and the striker backheeled the ball into the net.

The points were sealed when Harrison shot his fourth in the 54th minute.

Report supplied by Press Association.

Scunthorpe United 3-2 Bury

Scunthorpe climbed back into the automatic promotion places in League One with victory over struggling Bury.

The catalyst for the win was their impressive first-half display against a Shakers side which have now gone 16 league games without a victory.

Full-back Harry Toffolo set the ball rolling in the eighth minute, finding the back of the net with a deflected shot from 25 yards.

After 19 minutes they doubled their lead when former Bury player Stephen Dawson raced clear from the halfway line and fired into the bottom corner.

Against the run of play the Shakers pulled a goal back four minutes before half-time via George Miller's deflected shot.

Crucially there was still time for Josh Morris to crack the ball home direct from a free-kick and restore the hosts' two-goal advantage.

Bury took the game to the Iron after the break and were rewarded when substitute Kelvin Etuhu squeezed a 67th-minute shot inside the post but they could not find an equaliser despite some decent periods of pressure.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Southend United 2-4 Sheffield United

League One leaders Sheffield United powered to a sixth win in a row as they saw off Southend United at Roots Hall.

The Shrimpers went into the game unbeaten in their last 13 games but the table-topping Blades were confidently able to continue their charge for promotion.

Chris Wilder's side took the lead after just three minutes when Ethan Ebanks-Landell headed home Mark Duffy's left-wing cross but the Shrimpers hit back to equalise in the 19th minute when Simon Cox converted from Marc-Antoine Fortune's pass.

Southend then enjoyed their best spell of the game with Anthony Wordsworth having a 20-yard shot tipped over by Simon Moore before the visitors regained the lead in the 42nd minute as Jack O'Connell converted a Duffy free-kick.

Former Southend loan striker Caolan Lavery made it 3-1 in the 72nd minute with a powerful left-footed shot and - just four minutes later - he also set up Kieron Freeman to score.

But the Shrimpers continued to fight and netted an 88th-minute consolation with substitute Jermaine McGlashan on target.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Swindon Town 1-1 Shrewsbury Town

Mat Sadler's late header prevented Shrewsbury slumping to a fourth successive defeat as they came from behind to draw against Swindon.

Both teams were reduced to 10 men in the second half at the County Ground after referee Nigel Miller sent off Shrews debutant Aristote Nsiala and Robins midfielder James Brophy.

The game came to life in the 51st minute when Swindon's Luke Norris found himself facing an empty net before he was fouled in the area by defender Nsiala, which led to a straight red card.

John Goddard stepped up to rifle the penalty past goalkeeper Jayson Leutwiler, who dived the right way but could not prevent the ball rippling the back of the net.

Brophy was then given his marching orders in the 70th minute, picking up a second yellow card for a challenge on Freddie Lapado.

Sadler claimed a dramatic equaliser in the 80th minute when his header bounced down off of the underside of the crossbar before the linesman waved his flag to signal it had crossed the line.

Report supplied by the Press Association.