Saturday's League Two reports

Cheltenham 1-3 Exeter City

David Wheeler bagged a late brace as Exeter beat fellow strugglers Cheltenham.

Wheeler struck in the 81st and 85th minutes to move his side away from the League Two relegation zone and leave the Robins deep in trouble.

Cheltenham were the better side in the first half, with Amari Morgan-Smith hitting the post with a shot and Harry Pell seeing his effort crash against the bar.

But Exeter kept them out and took the lead 10 minutes after the break when Lee Holmes curled a shot into the top-left corner.

Cheltenham responded well and levelled through Billy Waters' ninth goal of the season in the 70th minute following a long ball forward from Aaron Downes.

But Wheeler stabbed in from close range after Troy Brown's pull back at the far post to make it 2-1 to Exeter.

And Wheeler was in the right place to follow in after Russell Griffiths parried substitute Liam McAlinden's low shot with five minutes remaining to put the result beyond all doubt.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Crewe 0-2 Crawley

James Collins fired in twice as Crawley claimed only their second win in nine League Two games with victory at Crewe.

The Red Devils were the better of two sides desperately out of form and in Collins had their match-winner.

Crewe, under the spotlight for off-the-pitch headlines, are fighting to keep skipper Ryan Lowe from taking up the offer of a coaching post at Bury. The veteran striker was included in the starting XI, but it was Crawley who posed most of the threat.

Josh Payne fizzed a low 20-yard drive past the post before some poor control by Perry Ng allowed a routine cross to drop into the path of Collins, who lashed home the 21st-minute opener.

Enzio Boldewjin spurned a great chance to extend Crawley's lead six minutes before the break when he shot straight at Ben Garratt.

Crewe improved marginally after the restart with Danny Hollands firing over and Chris Dagnall going close. But they lacked a frontman of the calibre of Collins whose intelligent cut-back set up winger Jordan Roberts for a first-time shot which was drilled inches past the far corner.

And the former Shrewsbury and Swindon striker collected his second in the 76th minute after Garratt's loose pass out from the six-yard box was seized on by Billy Clifford who cut the ball back for Collins to sweep home.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Grimsby 0-1 Portsmouth

A late free-kick from substitute Kal Naismith earned Portsmouth victory over Grimsby at Blundell Park.

His curling strike from 25 yards, after replacing top scorer Gary Roberts, was enough to settle the match five minutes from time.

A crowd of 6,560 attended the League Two clash in Cleethorpes.

Early on, it took a fingertip save from Grimsby stopper James McKeown to deny Gareth Evans, before Danny Rose also dragged wide for Pompey.

Other chances were few and far between for the remainder of the first half but soon after the restart, McKeown had to be on red alert as Michael Smith bore down on goal, only to shoot straight at the goalkeeper.

At the other end, a dipping volley from Ashley Chambers brought the best out of David Forde.

It sparked the season-high crowd into life and the introduction of Tom Bolarinwa from the bench had a similar impact on Grimsby.

But a spell of home pressure proved to be in vain as Naismith curled a fine winner past McKeown.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Hartlepool 0-5 Cambridge

Cambridge romped to a simple win at Hartlepool, the result every bit as comprehensive as it seems.

Four goals in 19 second-half minutes saw the U's take total command to record their third League Two win in a row.

For the hapless hosts this was their second heavy defeat in a week, after they lost 4-0 at Port Vale in the FA Cup to pile the pressure on boss Craig Hignett.

Home defender Toto Nsiala bundled over Luke Berry in the area, but his penalty was superbly saved by Trevor Carson on 43 minutes.

Carson made another fine save to deny Luke Berry, but Pools failed to clear and James Dunne smashed in a fine shot from 15 yards on 51 minutes.

Ten minutes later the lead was doubled as Berry knocked in from close range after being teed up from a powerful run by Uche Ikpeazu on the right.

On 67 minutes, a deep Berry corner was powerfully headed in at the far post by defender Leon Legge.

There was only a four-minute wait for the fourth, Ikpeazu getting a deserved goal with a tap-in.

And on 88 minutes substitute Max Clark's shot was deflected in.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Leyton Orient 1-0 Accrington

Jay Simpson's goal gave Leyton Orient victory over 10-man Accrington in a game marred by crowd trouble.

Orient had not won a home league match since August 16th but Simpson's third goal of the campaign ended that wretched run of eight successive defeats on their own soil.

Stanley skipper Sean McConville was red-carded after denying Gavin Massey a goalscoring opportunity when he pulled back the O's midfielder just outside the penalty box.

Referee Darren Drysdale spent some time in consultation with one of his assistants before dismissing the visiting player and then also booked John O'Sullivan for dissent, while fans clashed behind the goal at the Accrington end.

Massey was the most impressive player for the Os on a rain-soaked pitch before setting up a number of decent chances for his colleagues that were wasted.

The visitors almost snatched the lead on 20 minutes when a shot by Jordan Clark on the greasy surface was spilled by keeper Alex Cisak, who recovered the ball to avert any damage.

Orient eventually broke down their resolute opponents in the 65th minute when full-back Myles Judd sent in a cross that Simpson forced over the line from six yards to give new manager Andy Edwards his first win in his second match in charge.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Luton 1-1 Carlisle

Luton were held to a draw by fellow promotion chasers Carlisle, who finished the match with 10 men.

The visitors were ahead with the first attack, Shaun Miller's header spilled by Christian Walton and Jason Kennedy tapping home on five minutes.

However, Luton levelled on 10 minutes, Jack Marriott crossing for Danny Hylton to notch his 14th of the season.

Alan Sheehan shot straight at Mark Gillespie, while Nicky Adams' effort was tipped over by Walton.

Marriott then missed a glorious chance, heading straight at Gillespie from Stephen O'Donnell's inch-perfect delivery, and curled another effort marginally wide.

In the second half, Cameron McGeehan almost bundled his way over the line, denied by a brave Gillespie stop, while Kennedy's overhead volley was easy for Walton.

Carlisle's Michael Raynes was dismissed for an apparent elbow on Hylton with 10 minutes to go but they should have won it in stoppage time, Adams denied from close range by Walton.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Mansfield 0-0 Colchester

Mansfield recorded their third clean sheet in a row as they played out a goalless draw with Colchester.

Defences were very much on top in a tight first half which was short on quality and saw few chances at either end.

Matt Green might have put Mansfield ahead on 12 minutes but pulled a low finish wide from eight yards, while Ashley Hemmings and Mal Benning also fired wide.

Colchester produced the game's first effort on target on 24 minutes when Kurtis Guthrie headed Owen Garvan's free-kick at Scott Shearer.

On 41 minutes Garvan then forced Shearer down to his right to turn away a low 25-yard effort.

The second half saw even fewer opportunities with the Stags dominating the pressure but unable to find a finish.

Green turned just outside the box to force Sam Walker to save his low finish and headed another good chance over four minutes later from Lee Collins' cross.

Krystian Pearce was relieved to see Shearer reach his short backpass first with two minutes left and in the last minute a Tom Eastman header fromthe by-line dropped onto the top of the home crossbar.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Newport County A-A Morecambe

Newport County and Morecambe saw their League Two match abandoned at half-time after heavy rain in South Wales.

Bottom club Newport were leading 1-0 at the break after a strike from Tom Owen-Evans which would have been the teenager's first goal for the club.

But as water started to gather on the Rodney Parade pitch, referee Brendan Malone made the decision to call the game off.

Newport have had on-going problems with drainage on their pitch.

Notts County 0-2 Wycombe

Wycombe overcame Notts County as both teams were reduced to 10 men in an ill-tempered League Two clash.

Wycombe arrived having won their last six games in all competitions and took a lead into the half-time break thanks to Adebayo Akinfenwa.

Notts County had not won any of their last five league games and saw Michael O'Connor sent off before half-time, with Kashket wrapping up the points after the break despite Akinfenwa seeing red for the visitors with 13 minutes left.

Jon Stead almost grabbed an impressive opener for the hosts, although his curling effort sailed narrowly wide of the far post.

The visitors took the lead on 37 minutes after Joe Jacobson was given ample space to float a fantastic ball into the box which was met by the head of Akinfenwa.

County's woes worsened as the first half came to a close when O'Connor saw red after lunging into a 50/50 tackle.

Wycombe dubiously doubled their lead 10 minutes into the second half after Kashket, who netted three times in last weekend's 5-0 FA Cup win at Chesterfield, slotted home from what looked to be an offside position, with home manager John Sheridan sent to the stands for his protests.

The game was not to end without further controversy as Akinfenwa was sent off late on after a second yellow.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Plymouth 2-0 Doncaster

Plymouth ended their three-match losing run and returned to the top of League Two with victory over Doncaster.

The hosts took a 33rd-minute lead when playmaker Graham Carey pounced to whisk the ball away from Rovers left back Niall Mason as he tried to control a pass from keeper Marko Marosi.

Carey swept forward from the right and fired home from a central position just outside the penalty area, curling the ball into the corner past the outstretched Marosi.

Argyle doubled their lead from the spot in the 63rd minute after Doncaster's Andy Butler fouled the recalled Ryan Donaldson just inside the penalty area.

Jake Jervis hammered the spot-kick in off the underside of the crossbar.

Liam Mandeville smashed a 90th-minute penalty off the post following a foul on Matty Blair and in the melee following the miss, Rovers midfielder James Coppinger was dismissed.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Stevenage 0-2 Blackpool

Blackpool's promotion hopes were given a boost as two second-half goals handed them victory over Stevenage.

Both teams were locked on 27 points going into the game, just outside the play-off positions, and substitute Bright Osayi-Samuel's curled finish from the edge of the box initially separated the well-matched sides.

Mark Cullen scored a late second to seal Blackpool's eighth league win of the campaign following their 4-1 win against Newport in their last league outing.

The first half was a close affair as Tom Pett and Kyle Vassell impressed for Stevenage and Blackpool respectively.

In the second half Brad Potts was unable to find the target from a free header and Fraser Franks forced a save from Sam Slocombe.

Eventually 18-year-old Osayi-Samuel broke the deadlock in the 77th minute with a curling finish past Chris Day from the edge of the box - his first senior goal.

Cullen then took advantage of Dean Wells' slip to pick the ball out of the air and fire in six minutes from time.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Yeovil 0-1 Barnet

Barnet scored with their only shot on target to snatch a narrow victory away at Yeovil.

The Glovers had dominated throughout, hitting the crossbar twice, but failed to make the breakthrough as substitute Alex Nicholls punished them late on.

Yeovil came close twice in the opening 10 minutes as Ryan Hedges and Otis Khan both drew saves out of Jamie Stephens, and then nearly broke the deadlock early in the second half when Kevin Dawson's long-range deflected effort was well parried by Stephens.

Six minutes later, the hosts thought they had their goal when Barnet failed to clear a Ryan Dickson cross and Tom Eaves' header beat Stephens, but cannoned off the bar.

And the woodwork saved the Bees for a second time when Khan's half volley flew into the frame of the goal with the keeper well beaten.

It looked as though it was only a matter of time before the Glovers found the net, but Nicholls grabbed a shock opener for Barnet six minutes before the end as his low drive beat Artur Krysiak to leave Huish Park stunned.

Khan had the chance to equalise in the final minute, but shot straight at Stephens as the Glovers left the field wondering how they had ended the game on the losing side.

Report supplied by the Press Association.