Chesterfield 3-2 Bristol Rovers
Chesterfield came from behind to hold on to the points in a thrilling victory over Bristol Rovers.
Jay O'Shea scored twice but substitute Billy Bodin notched 15 minutes from the end to force the Spireites to hold on and register back-to-back wins for the first time since August.
Rovers came out of the blocks rapidly and took the lead within three minutes when former Spireite Peter Hartley bundled in the ball from close range after a corner.
Darrell Clarke's side looked dominant and threatened to increase their lead but the hosts eventually found their feet and levelled when Ian Evatt stabbed home his first home goal for Chesterfield in over 11 years following O'Shea's free-kick.
The Irishman then turned the scoreline around when he headed Gary Liddle's cross home, and then hammered in a superb long-range free-kick.
Bodin's 10-yard effort led to many anxious moments for Danny Wilson's men, who moved to within two points of safety.
Report supplied by the Press Association.
- 11MitchellBooked at 31mins
- 17DimaioBooked at 25minsSubstituted forNolanat 70'minutes
- 26O'SheaSubstituted forGardnerat 85'minutes
- 29BeesleySubstituted forEvansat 70'minutes
- 2LeadbitterBooked at 26mins
- 4LockyerBooked at 45mins
- 8O ClarkeBooked at 89mins
- 14LinesBooked at 63mins
- 24SinclairSubstituted forBodinat 63'minutes
- 30GaffneySubstituted forHarrisonat 71'minutes
- 17EasterSubstituted forMontañoat 63'minutes
- Andy Haines
- Shots on Target