Saturday's National League reports

Bromley 1-0 Boreham Wood

A Dave Martin strike and a penalty save from Alan Julian helped Bromley see off Boreham Wood at Hayes Lane.

A cagey National League encounter took until the stroke of half-time to liven up when Dan Johnson swung in a fine cross towards Martin, who unleashed a superb volley into the top corner to put the home side in front.

In-form Boreham Wood applied serious pressure after the break, and Bromley defender Rob Swaine had to block a close-range shot on the line from Morgan Ferrier.

Julian also saved his side just after the hour mark, tipping a Conor Clifford penalty on to the underside of the bar and away, dramatically rectifying an infringement made by Jack Holland.

Dagenham & Redbridge 0-5 Gateshead

Dagenham and Redbridge were humbled on home turf by an invigorated Gateshead, leaving John Still's men 10 points off the automatic promotion pace.

Sam Jones opened the scoring following a clever one-two with Danny Johnson, placing past Elliot Justham.

Mitch Brundle curled in a free-kick to double the lead just after the break, as goalkeeper Justham was left disappointed with his positioning.

It became comical in the Dagenham defence as the excellent double act of Manny Smith and Jones combined, the latter scoring from his team-mate's tidy flick on.

After a Johnson penalty made it four, Smith added further gloss when given far too much space in the box to head home with 26 minutes left.

Eastleigh 1-1 York City

A rousing effort by York was not enough to avoid a 13th match without victory, as they drew at Eastleigh.

Not surprisingly it was the home side who dominated against the basement strugglers, striker Michael Mandron had to be marshalled effectively for Gary Mills's men to hang on in the first half.

Normal service was resumed soon after the interval as Mandron rose to glance in Andy Drury's cross and put the Spitfires in front.

But Simon Heslop had clearly not read the script as he controlled a long ball over the top superbly on his chest, and slid a shot low under the despairing Ryan Clarke to secure an unlikely point for the Minstermen.

Guiseley 2-0 Torquay

Strugglers Guiseley won just their third National League game of the season with a 2-0 home success against Torquay.

The Lions did the damage early on as full-back Connor Brown embarked on a foray down the right and crossed for Jordan Preston to turn in his third of the season.

Luck played a part in the second when Will Hatfield's shot deflected kindly towards the head of Jake Cassidy, who nodded home.

Guiseley could even afford to miss a penalty - Luke Young fouled Hatfield in the box but Cassidy was denied from the spot by Brendan Moore.

Showing increased confidence, the hosts held on to their lead comfortably in the second half.

Lincoln 3-3 Aldershot

A last-minute Matt Rhead strike salvaged a 3-3 draw for Lincoln at home to Aldershot.

Bernard Mensah put the Shots ahead from close range, but Nathan Arnold dispatched past Jake Cole to draw the sides level.

Just nine minutes later Arnold made it 2-1, placing low into the corner.

Cheye Alexander turned the game again in the second half, curling in from 18 yards to make it 2-2.

Then, after good work by Jake Gallagher, the ball broke fortuitously to Scott Rendell to steer Aldershot back in front.

But Rhead controlled and equalised in the dying seconds, after a long ball was pumped forward by goalkeeper Paul Farman, as second-placed Lincoln's gap to leaders Forest Green was extended to nine points.

Macclesfield 0-1 Forest Green

Keanu Marsh-Brown's second-minute goal was enough for National League leaders Forest Green as they registered a 14th win of the season at Macclesfield.

Christian Doidge fed the onrushing Marsh-Brown, who beat Craig Ross with confidence in front of former Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson at the Moss Rose.

The Silkmen steadied the ship for the rest of the half, with Marsh-Brown coming the closest to extending the lead with an effort deflected just wide.

Forest Green continued to press in the second half and Ross had to be in top form to save a pile-driver from Rob Sinclair, but the early strike was sufficient.

Solihull Moors 2-3 Dover

National League leading goalscorer Ricky Miller stunned Solihull as he scored a second-half hat-trick for 10-man Dover as they came back from a goal down.

Dover's Jack Parkinson was sent off for bringing down Solihull's Andy Brown, as the striker was through on goal.

The hosts took advantage of the extra man and took the lead moments before half time as Brown scored his fifth goal of the season, heading home from a corner.

Miller scored a quick-fire double to give Dover the lead, before completing his hat-trick with a quarter-of-an-hour left - his 18th goal of the season.

Solihull made it 3-2 in stoppage time as Akwasi Asante scored his eighth goal of the season but it was too late for The Moors.

Southport 3-2 Maidstone

Jamie Allen scored at the beginning of each half as Southport defeated Maidstone in the National League.

The striker opened the scoring in the fifth minute as he tapped in a Liam Nolan knock-down from a corner.

Nolan then got on the score-sheet himself to double the hosts' advantage in first-half stoppage time before Southport made it 3-0 shortly after the break when Allen got his second of the game.

Maidstone pulled a goal back as Yemi Odubade's close range finish reduced the deficit for the visitors.

The Stones made it 3-2 in stoppage time when Bobby-Joe Taylor dispatched a penalty but it proved to be too late for Maidstone.

Sutton United 0-0 Barrow

Sutton drew their fourth game in-a-row as Barrow extended their undefeated run to 16 games in all competitions.

Paul Doswell's men continued to prove formidable at home, with 20 of their 26 Vanarama National League points coming at Gander Green Lane.

The best chance of the game fell to the visitors moments before half-time - but Ross Hannah saw his effort cleared off the line.

Barrow had another chance with 10 minutes remaining but Ross Worner saved well from Nick Anderson.

Sutton's best chance came in a goalmouth scramble in the closing stages - but the Cumbrian side managed to clear the ball.

Tranmere 2-2 Chester FC

Chester came back from two goals down to claim a local derby draw against Tranmere Rovers at Prenton Park.

Defender Nathan Astles' superb low left-foot volley completed City's comeback after Rovers had been reduced to 10 men for the final half hour.

But Rovers still climb a place to third after maintaining their unbeaten National League run under Micky Mellon.

Andy Cook opened the scoring with his 11th goal of the season to put Tranmere ahead in the 30th minute.

He outmuscled visiting left-back Johnny Hunt for an aerial ball, controlled on his chest and fired an angled right-foot volley from 18 yards, which Chester keeper Alex Lynch only got a hand to.

Six minutes later, it was 2-0 as Lynch was beaten at his near post by Ben Tollitt's low angled left-foot drive.

After Kane Richards lashed his powerful shot against the underside of the hosts' bar just before the break, Tom Shaw then headed one back after meeting a ball from Ryan Lloyd six minutes into the second half.

But, after home midfielder Tollitt was sent off for his second bookable offence, after going down in the box looking for a penalty, Chester wasted a string of chances to equalise, before Astles struck a minute into injury time.

Wrexham 0-1 Braintree

Braintree won for just the fourth time this season as they secured away success at the Racecourse Ground.

Michael Cheek's goal midway through the first half proved enough for the visitors, despite the hosts missing several first half opportunities.

Braintree who have fielded eight different goalkeepers this term and enjoyed a record win in the FA Cup last week, remain in the bottom four.

Mid-table Wrexham have failed to score in 10 matches this season.

Woking 1-1 North Ferriby

Substitute Chike Kandi's late goal salvaged a point for hosts Woking in their National League game with fellow strugglers North Ferriby.

Woking's Fabio Saraiva shot just wide in the 35th minute after great work by Gozie Ugwu, but in first-half stoppage time Ferriby's Stephen Brogan curled a central free-kick over the wall and into the left of goal.

The hosts twice hit the woodwork in four second-half minutes, Keiran Murtagh seeing his shot deflected on to a post and Charlie Carter striking the bar from inside the six-yard box.

Rory Watson saved well to keep Ferriby ahead and the Villagers were boosted further when Max Kretzschmar's injury meant Woking played the closing minutes with 10 men.

But Kandi's long-range shot found the bottom corner in the 92nd minute.

Match reports supplied by the Press Association.