Saturday's League One reports

Bradford City 4-0 Rochdale

Bradford moved into second place in League One with their biggest win of the season after thrashing Rochdale at Valley Parade.

The result maintained Bradford's unbeaten home record in the league as they bounced back in style from their FA Cup defeat by Accrington.

Bradford took charge of the game with two goals in three minutes towards the end of the first half.

Top scorer Billy Clarke put them in front after 41 minutes with his sixth goal of the season, rifling a right-foot shot into the net after Nicky Law's left-wing cross had been helped into his path by James Hanson.

Clarke was also instrumental in Bradford's second goal three minutes later.

Visiting goalkeeper Josh Lillis dived full length to turn his low 25-yard shot away for a corner and, when Clarke's set-piece was cleared back to him, he returned the ball into the goalmouth for Timothee Dieng to score with a glancing header.

Rochdale were reduced to 10 men after 57 minutes when Niall Canavan was sent off for a second yellow card after bringing down Josh Cullen just outside the penalty area.

Bradford then scored a third goal when the Rochdale defence failed to clear the resulting free-kick taken by Mark Marshall. Hanson's close-range header was blocked by Lillis and the striker scored from the rebound.

The Bantams added a fourth in the 62nd minute when Marshall scored direct from a free-kick just outside the box.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Bury 1-4 Southend

Nile Ranger scored twice as Southend won at Bury to stretch their unbeaten league run to five matches.

The former Newcastle striker claimed a ninth-minute opener before Simon Cox doubled Southend's lead three minutes later.

James Vaughan pulled one back with a 20th-minute penalty, but Ranger secured the first brace of his career after the break before Stephen McLaughlin's superb late strike condemned Bury to their seventh straight league defeat.

Ranger's early opener was his first goal in two years, with the 25-year-old curling his shot inside the far post from Michael Timlin's pass.

Bury had two chances to equalise as Hallam Hope's shot was blocked before Vaughan headed wide, but another Timlin pass set up Cox to fire into the bottom corner.

Ben Coker's trip on Hope gave Bury a lifeline, with Vaughan hitting the spot-kick into the bottom corner. McLaughlin was then denied by Ben Williams while Hope dragged a shot wide.

The hosts remained on top after the break, forcing Mark Oxley to tip over a deflected Neil Danns shot while Hope volleyed over.

But Cox pounced on a Leon Barnett error to cut back for Ranger to sidefoot home in the 61st minute before McLaughlin smashed in a 30-yard strike with 14 minutes left.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Coventry 0-1 Scunthorpe

Josh Morris scored his 15th goal of the season as League One leaders Scunthorpe took all three points at Coventry.

Morris steered Paddy Madden's cross home at the near post as the Iron secured their sixth away victory.

Both sides had efforts blocked on the line in the first half, while Sky Blues striker Marvin Sordell tested keeper Luke Daniels just before the break.

Ruben Lameiras and Jamie Sterry had chances for an equaliser after Morris' goal, but Scunthorpe held out.

The victory extended their lead at the top to five points, with Bolton - who began the day in second place - not in action at Peterborough until Sunday.

And the margin could have been greater if Tom Hopper had not shot wide late on after beating the offside trap.

Coventry had won three of the four previous league games under interim boss Mark Venus, and remained 18th in the table despite their sixth home defeat of the campaign.

Gillingham 2-1 Northampton

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas grabbed an injury-time winner as Gillingham recorded their first League One victory in eight games by beating Northampton.

The striker curled a left-footed shot past Adam Smith in the 92nd minute to give his side their first victory since late September.

John-Joe O'Toole had given Northampton a first-half lead from close range, but Max Ehmer equalised after the break.

The home team started well, but it was the visitors who scored first in the 36th minute as O'Toole squeezed a header through two defenders after being left unmarked in the six-yard box.

The Gills then hit back early in the second half as Ehmer slid in at the back post to convert a flick from Emmanuel-Thomas.

Both sides had chances to take the lead but the game appeared to be petering out into a draw.

However, Emmanuel-Thomas - Gillingham's top scorer this term - pounced late on to give the hosts a win that moves them away from the relegation zone.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

MK Dons 1-1 Walsall

Managerless MK Dons dropped into the League One relegation zone, despite Dean Bowditch's last-minute leveller salvaging a draw against Walsall.

Scott Laird's second goal of the season midway through the first half looked set to hand Jon Whitney's team all three points.

But Bowditch's seventh goal of the season ensured the spoils were shared.

The hosts were the first to go close after 12 minutes when Ben Reeves cleverly created space in the Walsall box before firing a half-volley just wide of Neil Etheridge's right-hand post.

But it was the visitors who took the lead when Josh Ginnelly's accurate cross from the right found Laird unmarked inside the MK Dons six-yard box and the 28-year-old powerfully headed home.

The Dons came out from the half-time break with purpose and struck a post through Bowditch on 52 minutes before Saddlers forward Erhun Oztumer's strike flew just wide on the hour.

But Bowditch's last-minute left-footed strike from the edge of the box flew past Walsall keeper Etheridge and into the bottom corner.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Millwall 4-0 Bristol Rovers

Millwall extended their winning run in all competitions to five matches with a comfortable home win over 10-man Bristol Rovers.

The Pirates were up against it after just 14 minutes following Daniel Leadbitter's straight red card for a clumsy last-ditch challenge on Aiden O'Brien when he was through on goal.

Rovers keeper Kelle Roos made a terrific save to deny Harry Smith's looping header soon after, but the hosts did go ahead in the 22nd minute as O'Brien prodded home from close range after Lee Gregory's shot was palmed away.

Rovers were a threat despite their numerical disadvantage but Millwall were clinical at the opposite end and increased their lead through Shaun Williams, who drilled a shot into the bottom corner from just inside the box after 64 minutes.

Gregory added Millwall's third three minutes later, rounding off a neat move by chesting the ball down and lashing it beyond the despairing Roos.

Smith, who was making his League One debut, calmly finished from close range late on to score the Lions' fourth and his third in two appearances for the club.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Oldham 0-0 AFC Wimbledon

AFC Wimbledon stretched their unbeaten away run to eight games with a goalless draw at Oldham.

The Dons have not lost on their travels since the opening day of the campaign, while Oldham have still managed only one home league win all season.

Both sides created chances in an even first half, with Wimbledon keeper James Shea doing well to deny Billy McKay at his near post.

Wimbledon should have scored on 31 minutes, but Jake Reeves was kept out by Connor Ripley's excellent save after breaking clear inside the box.

Oldham threatened again when Ryan McLaughlin crossed to Lee Erwin, whose downward header was beaten out by Shea.

In the 61st minute, Dons midfielder Dean Parrett fizzed a long-range free-kick inches wide of the post.

Wimbledon's Tom Elliott glanced a header over the top before Shea parried a 25-yard blast by Ollie Banks.

Oldham went desperately close to an 89th-minute winner, but Shea touched a Charles Dunne header on to the crossbar before Freddie Ladapo's follow-up also hit the woodwork.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Port Vale 2-1 Fleetwood

Alex Jones' late goal helped Port Vale come from behind to beat Fleetwood Town in a match which saw both sides reduced to 10 men.

Chris Long put the visitors ahead before late strikes from substitute Rigino Cicilia and Jones - his ninth of the season - turned the match on its head.

With just one minute of normal time remaining, Fleetwood goalscorer Long and Vale's Anthony Grant received their marching orders following a scuffle involving several players.

Having had the majority of the play, The Trawlermen will feel aggrieved not to have come away with at least a point after they took a deserved lead on 52 minutes when Long nodded in Devante Cole's back-post header.

But 15 minutes from time, a cross from the left fell kindly at the feet of Cicilia, who made no mistake firing past former Vale keeper Chris Neal.

Jones completed the turnaround in the 86th minute when he bundled the ball past Neal following good work by winger Jerome Thomas.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Shrewsbury 2-0 Oxford United

Shrewsbury climbed off the bottom of League One with victory against Oxford as Paul Hurst's impressive start as manager continued.

AJ Leitch-Smith and substitute Shaun Whalley scored the goals to earn Shrewsbury a first league win since 3 September.

Oxford created the game's first chance but Chris Maguire's 20-yard shot was comfortably gathered by goalkeeper Mark Halstead.

Shrewsbury moved ahead in the 19th minute as Leitch-Smith scored his fourth goal in his past three league and cup games.

The in-form striker reacted quickest to turn in the loose ball from close range after goalkeeper Simon Eastwood pushed a 20-yard drive from Louis Dodds against the crossbar.

Eastwood then kept Oxford in contention with two fine saves before half-time, tipping away a powerful volley from the lively Dodds before getting down low to his right to instinctively keep out a low 12 yard shot from Dodds after he was picked out by Abu Ogogo's inviting cross.

Oxford chased an equaliser in the second half with a powerful header from Kane Hemmings impressively tipped over by Halstead, who then turned away a free-kick from Maguire.

Liam Sercombe also drove narrowly wide before Shrewsbury carved out late chances with Eastwood pulling off sharp stops from Adam El-Abd and Ivan Toney.

Shrewsbury eventually made the game safe deep into stoppage-time when Whalley ran from inside his own half and lifted a shot over the advancing Eastwood to make it four games unbeaten in all competitions under new manager Hurst.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Swindon 3-0 Charlton

Tim Sherwood's reign as Swindon Town's director of football began with an impressive victory as the Robins beat mid-table Charlton Athletic.

Jon Goddard and Sean Murray had good early chances for the Robins before Murray's deflected shot gave Swindon a deserved lead shortly before half-time.

Lloyd Jones made it two soon after the break as he converted Michael Doughty's flick-on from a corner.

Goddard sealed the win, thumping home Yaser Kasim's pass from eight yards.

The win was only Swindon's fifth in League One this season and first in five games in all competitions, while Charlton lost for the first time in seven and conceded more than two goals for the first time this term.

Sherwood was brought in by Swindon on Thursday to support head coach Luke Williams in a move described by the club's chairman Lee Power as "one of the biggest appointments the club has ever made."