Irish Premiership: Nine-man Linfield grab draw at Glenavon

Media playback is not supported on this device

Irish Premiership Highlights: Glenavon 2-2 Linfield

Second-placed Linfield fought back to earn a 2-2 draw at Glenavon - despite having Matthew Clarke and Roy Carroll sent off in the opening 10 minutes.

Glenavon went 2-0 up but Linfield, with defender Mark Haughey in goals, scored through an Andrew Waterworth header and a brilliant Paul Smyth equaliser.

Crusaders are now six points clear at the top after beating Coleraine 1-0.

Ballymena beat Ards 4-2, Cliftonville drew 1-1 at Dungannon and Portadown held Glentoran 0-0 at The Oval.

Relive all the key incidents from Saturday's action

Despite only having nine men on the pitch at the final whistle and their centre-back between the sticks, it was David Healy and Linfield celebrating at Mourneview.

Defender Clarke was sent off after nine minutes for a foul on Andy McGrory but things only got worse for the Blues after goalkeeper Carroll was also shown red for allegedly spitting.

Paddy McCourt and Greg Moorhouse fired the home side into a commanding position heading into the break, with the game looking like a foregone conclusion.

However, Waterworth headed in to give the Blues hope before Smyth produced a moment of individual brilliance to level the score and salvage a remarkable point.

Ballymena's win at Ards lifts them up to third place in the table
Ballymena's win at Ards lifts them up to third place in the table

Stephen Baxter watched from the stands as his Crusaders side held on to secure a 1-0 win over Coleraine.

Jordan Owens headed the champions into the lead on the stroke of half-time but there was late drama when Lyndon Kane spurned a chance to draw level from the penalty spot.

Crues captain Colin Coates fouled Gareth McConnaghie but the excellent Sean O'Neill saved Kane's effort as the north Belfast extended their lead to six points and deny Oran Kearney a first managerial win at Seaview.

Ballymena moved up to third with an impressive 4-2 win over Ards at the Bangor Fuels Arena.

A hat-trick from Cathair Friel helped David Jeffrey's Sky Blues avenge their defeat to Ards back in August.

Tony Kane put Ballymena in front with a 35th-minute penalty, before Friel doubled the lead three minutes later.

David McAllister pulled one back for Niall Currie's men but Friel chipped in with another two before Craig McMillen notched a stoppage-time consolation for the hosts. The win means Jeffrey is behind his old side Linfield only on goal difference, both on 27 points.

Cliftonville would have moved up to second had they won at Stangmore Park but instead came away with a 1-1 draw.

Andrew Mitchell smashed in his 10th goal of the season to put the home side ahead but Chris Curran equalised to earn the Reds a point.

Glentoran were unable to make it four wins on the bounce as they were held to a 0-0 stalemate by basement club Portadown.

Danske Bank Premiership
Ards2-4Ballymena United
Dungannon Swifts1-1Cliftonville