Saturday's National League reports

Boreham Wood 1-0 North Ferriby United

North Ferriby fell to a 10th defeat in 11 games despite another determined effort in a 1-0 reverse at Boreham Wood.

The Villagers have been one of the unluckiest National League sides this season in terms of the ratio of goals registered to shots on goal. That case was proved when Connor Oliver crashed a shot against the home side's crossbar in the first half.

Yet again, Steve Housham's men fell behind after a good spell. Anthony Jeffrey hit a tremendous strike early in the second half that beat Rory Watson from outside the area.

It knocked the stuffing out of the away side, and it was Boreham who looked most likely to add to the game's only goal.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Dagenham and Redbridge 1-1 Macclesfield Town

Macclesfield earned a last-minute point from a 1-1 draw at second-placed Dagenham.

John Askey's men were second-best on the day, but rallied in the last minute and striker Chris Holroyd bundled in from close range to draw his side level.

The Daggers nosed in front in the first quarter when Corey Whitely squared for Fejiri Okenabirhie, and the onrushing midfielder dispatched firmly into the bottom corner.

John Still's men remained in relative control before the interval, but could not put the match beyond doubt. Whitely struck the top of Craig Ross's bar on the stroke of half-time.

They remained largely on top in the second half, but were to be undone by Holroyd's sucker punch.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Dover Athletic 6-1 Braintree Town

Ricky Miller scored four times in Dover's 6-1 win over struggling Braintree at the Crabble Athletic Ground.

Sam Matthews stunned the home crowd early on from long range, but Aswad Thomas replied quickly for Dover.

The irrepressible Miller then went out on his own at the top of the scoring charts, notching a quick-fire hat-trick. The second was a real highlight as he wormed his way inside from the corner flag before beating Joe Taylor.

Jack Parkinson made it five before half-time from close range. The break helped Braintree steady matters, and Dover's rampant form subsided.

But Miller grabbed his 14th of the season from a free-kick to cap his perfect day.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Forest Green Rovers 3-0 Guiseley

Forest Green recorded a routine 3-0 win at home over the National League's bottom side Guiseley.

Darren Carter put the division's pace-setters ahead with a neatly curled shot past Dan Atkinson after 20 minutes.

Adam Lockwood's battlers tried hard to get a third win in a row, but they were out of their depth. Christian Doidge made it 2-0 just after half-time when he turned his marker expertly and promptly bulged the net.

Daniel Wishart sealed affairs on the hour when he drove in a devilish ball and Lions defender Jake Lawlor could only turn the ball into his own goal.

Liam Noble hit the post late on as the Green cruised to victory.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Lincoln City 0-0 Eastleigh

Lincoln were held to a goalless draw by Eastleigh at Sincil Bank.

Matt Rhead fired two decent opportunities over the bar as Lincoln started well, while Ryan Bird - looking for his fifth goal in two games - also missed the target after Luke Coulson's cut back after 19 minutes.

Nathan Arnold had the best chance to break the deadlock after Eastleigh goalkeeper Ryan Huddart dropped a cross in the 53rd minute. The Lincoln centre-back picked up the loose ball and rounded Huddart, only to be denied by Reda Johnson on the line.

Lincoln have now drawn two in a row but they remain third, while Eastleigh have dropped two places to 10th.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Maidstone United 0-2 Gateshead

Danny Johnson's brace was enough for Gateshead to clinch a 2-0 win over Maidstone at Gallagher Stadium.

The Heed struggled early on, with Anthony Acheampong and Kevin Lokko both going close as the hosts started with purpose.

Johnson had Gateshead's only real shot on goal during this period, hitting a post from George Smith's 12th-minute cross, but he went one better just before the break by successfully nodding home Manny Smith's flick-on from close range.

Johnson's second of the afternoon after 70 minutes gave the visitors the breathing room they deserved and Maidstone have now lost four on the trot.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Solihull Moors 0-3 Tranmere Rovers

Tranmere moved up to fourth in the National League after they beat Solihull at the Automated Technology Group Stadium.

Solihull goalkeeper Dan Lewis did well to hold Tranmere at bay for the first 20 minutes, twice denying Lois Maynard from close range and comfortably gathering Lee Vaughan's venomous half-volley in the 19th minute.

The former Kidderminster keeper was finally thwarted in controversial fashion in the 25th minute as Jake Kirby rounded him to finish into an empty net. The assistant referee appeared to raise his flag for offside, but the referee waved play on and the goal stood.

Kirby added gloss to the scoreline with eight minutes remaining, tapping home on the rebound after Maynard's shot was saved, and James Norwood added a third in stoppage time.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Southport 1-1 Sutton United

Jamie Collins salvaged a draw for Sutton at Southport with a second-half penalty.

The visitors started well, with Ross Stearn heading just wide after 10 minutes, but it was the hosts who got the breakthrough with Andrai Jones profiting from Kevin Amankwaah's mistake to make it 1-0 after 37 minutes.

Magnus Norman kept the home team in front with a fine save low to his left from Nicky Bailey's spot-kick after 55 minutes.

But he was unable to repeat that feat two minutes later when Sutton were awarded a second penalty and Collins made no mistake to score his second of the season.

The point was enough to take Southport off rock bottom and above Guiseley, ending a three-match losing run, while Sutton remain 13th.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Torquay United 0-0 Aldershot Town

Aldershot were left frustrated after a draw with struggling Torquay at Plainmoor.

The Gulls, who had won just one of their past six league games, started on front foot with striker Jamie Reid going close twice in the opening 12 minutes.

Appeals for a penalty on the stroke of half-time were turned down after Jack Saville blocked Brett Williams' shot - the hosts were convinced of handball but nothing was given.

Aldershot stepped up the pace in the second half and could have snatched victory with a minute remaining, only for substitute Matt McClure's 22-yard effort to strike the post.

Woking 1-1 Barrow

Matt Tubbs' second-half penalty left high-flying Barrow frustrated as Woking held them to a draw at the Kingfield Stadium.

Barrow were unbeaten in 11 matches coming into this game while Woking had gone four games without a win.

The in-form Bluebirds took the lead in the 20th minute through Byron Harrison, who rose highest to nod in a cross from the right-hand side for his seventh goal of the campaign.

Just six minutes after the break Woking levelled through Tubbs, who converted from the spot with a low, hard strike to the left following a foul on Gozie Ugwu.

Wrexham 2-1 Bromley

Wrexham responded to their shock midweek FA Cup defeat to Stamford with victory over Bromley in the National League.

Shaun Harrad volleyed home his third goal in as many games to give Wrexham the lead in the final minute of a poor first half.

Blair Turgott found himself unmarked in the Wrexham area to fire past Shwan Jalal and bring Bromley level.

But Gerry McDonagh secured Wrexham's win with 10 minutes remaining.

The Dragons, with Dean Keates and Andy Davies in caretaker charge, move up to 14th in the table while Bromley fall to 17th.

York City 1-1 Chester

A late Kane Richards strike spoilt the day on York boss Gary Mills' homecoming as he secured a draw for Chester at Bootham Crescent.

Following a slow first half, the action livened up after the break.

Chester could have taken the lead when James Alabi forced Minstermen goalkeeper Kyle Letheren into a fine save with his feet on 67 minutes.

They were made to pay just three minutes later, when Matt Fry headed home Danny Galbraith's corner much to the relief of the home crowd.

Alabi was once again foiled by Letheren moments before Richards smacked the woodwork with nine minutes remaining.

But home hearts were broken when the striker made amends by heading in a left-wing cross on 89 minutes, a goal that condemned York to a 10th game without a win.

Report supplied by Press Association.