Saturday's League One reports

Bradford City 3-3 Sheffield United

League One promotion rivals Bradford and Sheffield United had to settle for a point each after serving up a six-goal thriller at Valley Parade.

The visitors went in front in the 18th minute when Mark Duffy delivered a cross from the left, with leading marksman and skipper Billy Sharp scoring with a close-range header off the underside of the crossbar.

However, Bradford hit back to equalise in the 35th minute when the visitors' defence failed to cut out Matt Kilgallon's low cross from the left and Billy Clarke scored with a shot just beyond the far post.

United regained the lead after 51 minutes with another Duffy-Sharp combination. Duffy played a free-kick from the left deep into the Bradford goalmouth for the on-rushing Sharp to score from close range.

Bradford equalised for a second time 10 minutes later through Jordy Hiwula. United failed to clear a corner and, when Josh Cullen lobbed the ball back into the goalmouth, James Hanson played the ball across the face of goal for Hiwula to score at the far post.

The home side took the lead for the first time in the 68th minute when Kilgallon's left-wing cross was turned into the far corner of the net by Timothee Dieng.

The lead lasted a mere four minutes as, when the Bradford defence failed to clear John Fleck's corner, Chris Basham scored an equaliser with a shot at the far post to extend the Blades' 10-match unbeaten run.

Both sides tried to force a winner, with Bradford going closest five minutes from the end when Hiwula saw his shot rebound off the crossbar.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Chesterfield 0-3 Scunthorpe United

Scunthorpe strengthened their position at the top of League One with a convincing victory at Chesterfield.

All the goals came in the second half with Josh Morris, Kevin van Veen and substitute Sam Mantom underlining the visitors' superiority.

Scunthorpe dominated the opening 15 minutes but Chesterfield had the first shot on target when Ched Evans fired into the arms of Luke Daniels from 25 yards.

Evans was just wide with a header from a Gboly Ariyibi cross in the 26th minute but Scunthorpe went close on the break four minutes later when Morris fired wide from 15 yards.

Ariyibi had a shot deflected just wide in the 43rd minute but Scunthorpe should have scored two minutes later when Paddy Madden raced clear but shot at Ryan Fulton.

Scunthorpe struck in the 49th minute when a Morris free-kick from the right edge of the area beat everyone and crept inside Fulton's right post and they broke in the 60th minute with Van Veen driving a low shot through the legs of the keeper.

Scunthorpe sealed victory in the 85th minute when Van Veen played in Mantom who beat Fulton from 12 yards.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Coventry City 2-0 Rochdale

Coventry secured back-to-back league wins for the first time this season with victory over Rochdale.

Rochdale could have taken the lead in the sixth minute after Ian Henderson's mazy run was blocked by Jordan Willis' last-ditch tackle.

Keith Hill's Dale side kept up the pressure and Callum Camps tested Lee Burge with a 30-yard free-kick.

But Coventry opened the scoring after 28 minutes through striker Daniel Agyei, who had hit the post nine minutes earlier.

Rochdale had the better of the second half and Matthew Lund's 52nd-minute header was cleared off the line by Gael Bigirimana.

Despite offering very little in the second half, Andre Wright made sure of the points for Coventry in the 84th minute as he tapped home a cross from Lewis Page.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Gillingham 1-1 Charlton Athletic

Nicky Ajose's last-gasp penalty saw Charlton come from behind to salvage a draw at Gillingham.

The home side went in at half-time a goal to the good after Bradley Dack headed home a Paul Konchesky cross.

Charlton's Ricky Holmes saw a second-half penalty saved by Stuart Nelson, who had replaced the injured Jonathan Bond on the half-hour mark, but the Gills stopper could do nothing about Ajose's spot-kick a minute into time added on.

Dack saw Charlton goalkeeper Declan Rudd race out to block a 25th-minute shot before he looped a header home for the opening goal five minutes before half-time.

Charlton were much improved after the break but could not find a way past Nelson, who tipped a Josh Magennis header over before denying Holmes from 12 yards after Ryan Jackson had pulled down Fredrik Ulvestad.

But in injury time Gillingham's Chris Herd handled in the area and half-time substitute Ajose stepped up to fire the ball into the bottom right-hand corner.

Report supplied by the Press Association

MK Dons 0-3 Southend United

Midfielder Anthony Wordsworth scored a brace as Southend secured a convincing win over MK Dons.

Simon Cox opened the scoring for the visitors after only two minutes as he turned and slotted home from close range after the Dons failed to clear their lines from a corner.

And just as the Dons looked to be taking control of the game, Southend doubled their lead in the 25th minute when Wordsworth fired a low strike into the bottom right-hand corner.

Dean Bowditch should have pulled one back late in the first half after finding himself one on one with Mark Oxley, but his tame effort was wide of the mark.

Wordsworth rounded off the victory for Southend - ending a run of five away games without a win - by curling home a free-kick late on.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Millwall 2-1 Fleetwood Town

Lee Gregory scored a penalty in each half as Millwall beat Fleetwood to earn their first home league win since August.

Gregory had already poked an effort straight at Chris Neal before opening the scoring after 31 minutes.

The lively Fred Onyedinma burst into the box and was pulled down by Ashley Eastham, and Gregory stepped up to send Neal the wrong way.

Two minutes after the restart, Millwall were awarded another penalty after Nathan Pond tussled with Byron Webster at a corner.

Gregory made no mistake as he delicately rolled the ball into the bottom right-hand corner.

And the striker almost completed his hat-trick in the 50th minute, racing onto a clever through-ball from Steve Morison, but Neal stood firm in the Fleetwood goal to deny him.

Substitute Ashley Hunter got Fleetwood back into the game with a fine finish in the 65th minute, but Millwall held on.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Oldham Athletic 0-2 Bristol Rovers

Bristol Rovers showed their promotion credentials with a hard-fought victory at Oldham.

The Pirates, who are now unbeaten in four games, sealed the points with goals from on-loan Chelsea duo Charlie Colkett and Jake Clarke-Salter.

Rovers full-back Lee Brown almost made the breakthrough when his skimming drive forced a low save from Oldham goalkeeper Connor Ripley.

The visitors deservedly went ahead on 25 minutes as Oldham only half-cleared a corner and, from 16 yards, Colkett smashed a powerful drive just inside the post.

Oldham were being outplayed in all areas, with their defence again pulled apart when Colkett wasted a first-half chance to double the lead.

It was a more even contest after the break, though Rovers goalkeeper Kelle Roos was not tested until the 65th minute when he beat away Lee Erwin's free-kick.

Roos also saved a 30-yard strike from Ryan Flynn as Oldham enjoyed their brightest spell.

But Rovers secured the win in the 87th minute when Clarke-Salter headed in from six yards.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Peterborough United 0-1 AFC Wimbledon

AFC Wimbledon climbed into the League One play-off places courtesy of victory at Peterborough.

The only goal arrived during a first half of Dons dominance as Neal Ardley's men extended their unbeaten run to eight league matches.

It was provided by Tom Elliott when he nodded in after Jon Meades had headed a 10th-minute George Francomb corner back across goal.

Francomb's next corner almost led to the Dons doubling their lead as Chris Whelpdale's header was saved before Jake Reeves' follow-up was blocked.

Only the combination of Posh goalkeeper Luke McGee and the woodwork came to the hosts' rescue just before the half-hour. McGee saved Elliott's initial effort before the frontman guided the follow-up against a post.

It took Posh 43 minutes to test Dons keeper James Shea. Callum Chettle's low shot drew ironic cheers from home fans and the hosts also offered little in the second period until Andrew Hughes saw a stoppage-time header tipped over.

Elliott came closest to doubling the lead after the break when his lob bounced off the far post but his earlier goal proved enough.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Port Vale v Oxford United

A debut goal from new signing Ryan Taylor helped Port Vale overcome a two-goal half-time deficit to draw with Oxford at Vale Park.

The former Newcastle man scored from the penalty spot after Rigino Cicilia had halved the deficit following strikes from U's pair Chey Dunkley and Daniel Crowley.

Defender Dunkley gave the visitors the lead after 11 minutes, rising highest to meet Chris Maguire's free-kick from the left and guide a header past the stationary Jak Alnwick.

Oxford doubled their advantage just eight minutes later when Maguire slipped in Marvin Johnson to cut-back to Crowley who tapped home into an empty net.

The Valiants started the second half much brighter and got their reward after 54 minutes when Cicilia fired home his first Vale goal after Nathan Smith nodded down Taylor's free-kick.

Taylor, who signed for the club just 24 hours before the match, sealed the comeback five minutes later, slotting home past Simon Eastwood after Cicilia was pulled down in the box.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Shrewsbury Town v Northampton Town

Northampton added to managerless Shrewsbury's problems with a comprehensive victory at Greenhous Meadow.

Paul Anderson scored twice as the Cobblers produced a strong away performance against a side who remain bottom of League One.

The Cobblers almost took an early lead but Anderson's header produced an excellent save from goalkeeper Jayson Leutwiler.

Louis Dodds then went close to a Shrews breakthrough but his close-range effort was impressively blocked by Cobblers keeper Adam Smith.

Northampton edged ahead in the 22nd minute when central defender Gabriel Zakuani headed in a corner from Jak McCourt.

The visitors doubled their advantage nine minutes later when winger Anderson turned the ball home at the far post following a fine run and left-wing cross from JJ Hooper.

Shrewsbury reduced the arrears in the 36th minute, Ivan Toney confidently firing home a penalty against his former club after being brought down by Zakuani.

Northampton restored their two-goal advantage in the 65th minute with Sam Hoskins slamming home a low volley from the edge of the penalty area.

Anderson then added a fourth a minute from time with a 15-yard effort which beat Leutwiler low to his right.

Toney pulled another goal back deep into stoppage time when he converted his second penalty after McCourt's challenge on Junior Brown.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Swindon Town 0-2 Walsall

Erhun Oztumer's audacious lob put Walsall on course for victory as they beat Swindon in League One.

The midfielder tried his luck from 40 yards out after seeing Lawrence Vigouroux off his line to score his sixth goal of the season before grabbing his seventh in the second half.

Swindon's Darnell Furlong gave the ball away to Oztumer in the 17th minute and the 25-year-old seized the initiative and sailed the ball over a helpless Vigouroux.

The home side could have equalised on the stroke of half-time after Yaser Kasim's perfectly weighted pass found Nathan Delfouneso in the area but he failed to get a shot away.

Andreas Makris should have made it 2-0 to Walsall in the 46th minute after he was presented with an empty goal but he hit the crossbar from close range.

Oztumer claimed his second in the 51st minute, controlling a long ball over the top before volleying into the back of the net to secure the points for the Saddlers.

Report supplied by the Press Association