Abu Ogogo: Shrewsbury players 'let down' Micky Mellon
Shrewsbury midfielder Abu Ogogo says the Town players feel like they "let down" former boss Micky Mellon following his departure from the club.
New Tranmere boss Mellon left Town by mutual consent after a poor start to the League One season that brought only two wins in opening 11 games.
"He's a great manager," Ogogo, 26, told BBC Radio Shropshire.
"You have to get results and we haven't been getting them and unfortunately it falls on the manager's head."
Former Fleetwood boss Mellon, who has returned to the National League to take charge of Tranmere, had been at Greenhous Meadow since May 2014 and won promotion from League Two in his first season.
After narrowly avoiding relegation last term, Shrewsbury have slumped into the bottom four at the start of the current campaign and have gone six matches without a win following Saturday's 2-0 defeat by Bradford.
Ogogo, who joined Town from Dagenham & Redbridge two summers ago, admits the responsibility for Mellon's demise has to be shared.
"The boys feel like we've let him down - it's disappointing," Ogogo said.
"He's the manager, he makes the decisions, but we're the ones on the pitch."
New boss name game
After caretaker boss Danny Coyne ruled himself out of replacing Mellon on a permanent basis, speculation has grown over who will become Shrewsbury's new manager.
Three ex-Wolves bosses - Dean Saunders, Kenny Jackett and Dave Jones - have all been linked with the job, along with Ian Holloway.
But BBC Radio Shropshire suggests that two other reported targets, Grimsby manager Paul Hurst and Morecambe boss Jim Bentley, have both distanced themselves from the job.
Ogogo says the squad have talked about who they would like to see come in.
"That's only natural," he said. "Obviously players have good relationships with some managers and not so good with others.
"It's a good club and there are a lot of managers who would want the job, but we can't really think about it too much."