Tuesday's National League reports

Aldershot 0-4 Forest Green

Forest Green Rovers went to the top of the National League with a thumping win at Aldershot, who played most of the match with 10 men.

The Shots had been unbeaten in eight matches to climb into the top six but were blown away in the first half by Mark Cooper's side, who move above Dagenham & Redbridge after their defeat at Torquay.

Frenchman Fabien Robert put the visitors ahead after just five minutes with his first goal since joining Rovers from Swindon

And only three minutes later forward Kieffer Moore doubled the advantage following a swift counter-attack.

Aldershot saw defender Will Evans dismissed on 17 minutes following an off-the-ball clash with Rhys Murphy and Robert struck again with a fine individual effort on 27 minutes.

Moore made it 4-0 in first-half stoppage time and that was the end of the scoring against a side who showed commendable spirit after the interval.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Barrow 1-1 Macclesfield

Neill Byrne bundled home a late equaliser as Macclesfield rescued a draw at fellow National League high-flyers Barrow.

The Irish defender struck eight minutes from time after Danny Livesey looked to have put the hosts on course for victory with a headed opener three minutes earlier.

Bluebirds forward Jordan Williams came closest to breaking the deadlock in a tight first half, firing his first opportunity over the crossbar before being denied by Macc goalkeeper Scott Flinders minutes later.

Barrow, who were eight games unbeaten going into the game, eventually edged in front when captain Livesey rose to nod in Williams' 79th-minute cross.

But they were denied all three points as Byrne grabbed his first goal of the season.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Braintree 1-2 Boreham Wood

Morgan Ferrier's double was sufficient to bring Boreham Wood victory at struggling Braintree.

After a competitive opening in blustery conditions, the home side, who came into the match on a miserable run of two wins from their first 13 games, fell behind.

Visiting striker Ferrier was in the right place at the right time to beat Will Puddy.

The 500-strong home support at Cressing Road tried to roar their side on, and they got their wish when Simeon Akinola found space to equalise on the hour.

But Ferrier netted his second for the decisive moment of the game.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Bromley 2-1 Woking

Lee Minshull scored a last-gasp winner as Bromley came from behind to beat Woking on home turf.

The Cardinals were ahead inside three minutes when Fabio Saraiva charged through and fired a shot into the bottom corner from 25 yards.

However, Neil Smith's men rallied and got their reward when Tobi Sho-Silva cut the ball back for Blair Turgott to shoot home for the equaliser.

In a tight second half, substitute Daniel Ajakaiye hit the side netting from a favourable position as the Ravens pushed for a winner.

But another substitute, Minshull, forced the ball in from a 90th-minute corner, to widespread jubilation at Hayes Lane.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Dover 3-1 Sutton United

Ricky Miller scored twice as Dover secured victory over Sutton United in a thrilling game.

In-form Miller struck for the Whites just two minutes in from a move set up by Moses Emmanuel.

In the second half, Miller seized on a long ball to double his and his side's tally.

But Emmanuel was sent off with 22 minutes remaining, which changed the match. Times became tense for Chris Kinnear's men as defender Kevin Amankwaah pushed forward to pull one back for Sutton.

However, Mitch Pinnock set up Jim Stevenson to make it 3-1 courtesy of a big deflection.

Home goalkeeper Mitch Walker still had time to save a Sutton penalty from Bradley Hudson-Odoi on an eventful night.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Eastleigh 3-0 Maidstone United

Luke Coulson netted a double as Eastleigh crushed Maidstone at Ten Acres with a rousing performance.

The hosts started much the brighter and the Stones' defence had to be constantly alert to keep Mikael Mandron under control.

Eastleigh went in front when Coulson beat two defenders and drilled a low shot past Lee Worgan.

Ryan Bird then grabbed a second as the interval loomed.

In the second half, the Spitfires had Reda Johnson sent off for two bookings.

But Coulson grabbed his second to make the indiscretion somewhat incidental, the defender beating three men before finishing emphatically.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Guiseley 6-1 York

Bottom-of-the-table Guiseley came from behind and survived a floodlight failure as they thrashed Yorkshire rivals York to record a first National League win of the season.

Matt Fry flicked in Danny Galbraith's corner to put the Minstermen ahead in the 11th minute but the hosts quickly levelled as debutant Jake Cassidy poked home.

Midfielder Alex Purver then curled an effort into the top corner from the edge of the box before Will Hatfield got the final touch in a goalmouth scramble for his side's third goal in five minutes.

York had not won in 28 away games - 25 under current boss Jackie McNamara - and they fell further behind when striker Jordan Preston beat his man and thumped the ball home with 31 minutes played to make it 4-0.

McNamara's night went from bad to worse as a City supporter was ejected from the stadium after marching on to the pitch to confront him while other fans called for the under-pressure boss to leave.

A power cut five minutes before the break gave McNamara brief respite but after a lengthy delay Guiseley, who had registered just three points from their opening 13 games, continued to attack.

Jermaine Hylton, another debutant, slotted in a fifth 10 minutes into the second period before Preston rattled a shot against the bar.

Rob Atkinson slammed in a knock-down from substitute Adam Boyes to complete the scoring eight minutes from time and condemn York to a fourth successive defeat and second 6-1 loss of the season, having suffered the same fate at Gateshead in August.

North Ferriby United 0-1 Chester

Chester recorded a sixth straight clean sheet to earn a third win in five games by beating 10-man North Ferriby at Grange Lane.

With little to separate the sides at half-time and the score goalless, things took a turn for the worse for the hosts after 66 minutes, when midfielder Ben Middleton was sent off for a second yellow card.

Chester made their man advantage count with 15 minutes remaining through James Akintunde, who finished calmly into the bottom corner when one-on-one with Rory Watson.

Further opportunities fell to James Alabi and Theo Vassell but - despite their failure to convert - the Blues held on for victory.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Solihull Moors 4-0 Southport

A second-half hat-trick from the in-form Akwasi Asante gave Solihull Moors back-to-back wins for the first time this season as they brushed aside Southport.

Following a dominant first half, Asante gave Solihull the lead five minutes after the break, scrambling home after a long throw by Connor Franklin.

It was 2-0 on 70 minutes, when Omari Sterling-James' tame shot from the right-hand side somehow found its way past Magnus Norman after the winger linked up with Jamey Osbourne.

Asante, who also scored a hat-trick against Maidstone on Saturday, wrapped up the points with two goals in the last 20 minutes.

First he latched onto Ryan Beswick's pass to finish well before completing the rout eight minutes from time after peeling away from the Southport backline.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Torquay 1-0 Dagenham & Redbridge

Ten-man Dagenham & Redbridge were knocked off top spot after losing to Torquay at Plainmoor.

The Daggers were faced with an uphill struggle from the 15th minute when captain Scott Doe was sent off after bringing Danny Sparkes down as the Gulls frontman was bearing down on goal.

Eight minutes later Jamie Reid smashed home the only goal from Nathan Blissett's cut back from close range following some excellent work from the striker to get to the byline.

Dagenham pushed for an equaliser despite being a man down, and almost got it through substitute Christian Assombalonga but he headed wide, meaning the visitors suffered a first loss in five games.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Tranmere 0-1 Gateshead

Sam Jones' second-half effort proved enough as Gateshead edged out Tranmere at Prenton Park.

Interim Rovers boss Paul Carden handed home debuts to Mitchell Duggan and Elliot Osborne and the latter went close from long range midway through the first half.

Visiting goalkeeper Dan Hanford also kept out a dangerous effort from Jake Kirby and then denied Jay Harris, while Gateshead came close through Wesley York at the other end as the tide began to turn.

The away side took the lead six minutes after the break as Jones tapped home York's cross from close range for his side's first goal in almost seven hours.

Kirby came close to grabbing an equaliser just after the hour mark but his effort was blocked by midfielder Paddy McLaughlin as the Heed held on.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Wrexham 1-2 Lincoln City

Lincoln City added to the pressure on Wrexham boss Gary Mills as Luke Waterfall and Harry Anderson struck to put them second in the National League.

Mills is the only manager of a leading Welsh club to have survived the early stages of the season.

Cardiff's Paul Trollope has followed Swansea's Francesco Guidolin and Warren Feeney of Newport in losing their jobs.

Waterfall headed in and Anderson found the net to seal victory before Hamza Bencherif's late consolation.

Top Stories