Saturday's National League reports

Boreham Wood 0-1 Wrexham

John Rooney secured Wrexham's first win in four National League games with victory at Boreham Wood.

Boreham Wood's Angelo Balanta fired over the bar while Wrexham captain Sean Newton's header was saved by Grant Smith.

Smith denied Paul Rutherford but Rooney broke the deadlock from close range following Newton's downward header.

Wrexham's win sees them move above Boreham Wood to 11th and eases the pressure on manager Gary Mills.

Chester FC 5-0 Dover Athletic

Chester thrashed Dover as they scored five goals in their National League game at the Deva Stadium.

There was little to choose between the sides in the first half, but a deluge followed after the interval.

Kane Richards' pass released Johnny Hunt to put the Blues ahead, and James Alabi doubled the lead a minute later after a powerful run.

In the final 10 minutes, Elliott Durrell was fouled in the box and got up to convert the penalty.

James Akintunde then teed up Craig Mahon to blast in a piledriver and further enhance a handsome win.

Substitute Akintunde still had time to get in on the act, heading in Durrell's cross from the left.

Forest Green 0-0 Barrow

An impressive Forest Green performance yielded only a goalless draw at home to Barrow.

Rovers twice came agonisingly close to breaking the deadlock in the first half.

Liam Noble's whipped free-kick was headed against the post by Aarran Racine.

Minutes later, Drissa Traore rampaged forward and smashed a shot against Joel Dixon's bar as the visitors hung on by the skin of their teeth.

The frustration mounted for the home side in the second half. A Keanu Marsh-Brown effort whizzed past the Barrow upright, and Noble dipped a strike on to the roof of the net.

At the other end, Jordan Williams' shot was saved late on by Sam Russell to prevent an away win.

Gateshead 0-0 Torquay Utd

Gateshead and Torquay did little to arrest their indifferent form with a drab goalless draw at the International Stadium.

It took until the second half for the match to stir up any excitement, as Gulls midfielder Damon Lathrope was forced to head off his own line to keep the scores level.

Minutes later, following Nathan Blissett's handball in the box, keeper Brendan Moore was the Torquay hero, saving a penalty from Danny Johnson.

Both sides were reduced to 10 when Johnson scythed through Ben Gerring, and the latter reacted to the bad tackle with an irate shove.

McGinty came close to winning it for Torquay late on when he struck the post.

Lincoln City 3-0 Braintree Town

New Braintree manager Hakan Hayrettin saw his side get thrashed by Lincoln City at Sincil Bank.

The home side struck inside three minutes, as Matt Rhead fed Nathan Arnold to net under Will Puddy with confidence.

Hayrettin's men showed some resolve by keeping the back door shut for the rest of the half.

However old flaws resurfaced in the second half, as the Imps' Terry Hawkridge swung in a corner for Luke Waterfall to head in via the post.

Late on, Arnold found substitute Jack Muldoon with a clever free-kick, and the striker drove the ball into the corner.

Macclesfield Town 1-0 North Ferriby Utd

Struggling North Ferriby gave 10-man Macclesfield a huge scare at Moss Rose, but the home side prevailed.

The visitors started the brighter but Danny Whitaker put Macclesfield ahead from the penalty spot midway through the first half, after Mark Gray fouled Chris Holroyd in the box.

John McCombe, however, undermined his side's lead when he committed a professional foul on Reece Thompson just outside the area and was sent off.

North Ferriby began to dominate play but showed why they were the lowest scorers in the league with just six all season, although they went close in the second half as Kyle Wootton hit the woodwork.

Maidstone Utd 2-4 Solihull Moors

Akwasi Asante's hat-trick secured Solihull Moors' first win in eight matches as they triumphed at Maidstone in the National League.

The hosts opened the scoring through Liam Enver-Marum's strike in the 20th minute but were pegged back six minutes later when Omari Sterling slammed home a powerful half-volley.

Moors took the lead when Asante got his first from the penalty spot and shortly after netted his second to double the visitors' lead, but Dan Sweeney managed to pull one back for Solihull before the break.

But Asante latched on to a through-ball by Ryan Beswick to seal the league's first hat-trick of the season and all three points.

Southport 1-2 Bromley

Bromley recorded a much needed win over Southport to secure their first National League victory in three matches.

Adam Cunningham's first goal of the season got Bromley off to the perfect start when he converted Joe Anderson's left-wing cross.

The visitors doubled their advantage when Jordan Higgs got on the end of a corner at the far post and headed home to earn a deserved 2-0 lead at the break.

Jordan Lussey pulled a goal back for Southport with a wonderful strike into the top corner but the Ravens held off a late fightback from the hosts to grab all three points and move up to 18th in the table.

Sutton Utd 1-0 Guiseley

Guiseley remain winless in the National League after they fell to a defeat at Sutton.

Connor Brown had a debut to forget for the Lions when he diverted a Kevin Amankwaah cross into his own goal.

The U's built early pressure with Chris Dickson, Roarie Deacon and Dan Wishart wasting good opportunities to open the scoring before Brown's own goal gave them the lead just before the break.

Bottom club Guiseley almost equalised when Jordan Preston had a 30-yard effort denied by a wonderful save from Ross Worner before Preston and substitute Michael Rankine had golden chances to level from close range late on but could not convert.

Woking 3-3 Eastleigh

Woking came from behind twice to grab a share of the spoils from a six-goal thriller against Eastleigh at Kingfield Stadium.

The in-form away side took the lead early on, as midfielder Luke Coulson netted his fourth goal from the last three games from close range after finding himself in plenty of space in the box.

Debutant Matthew Tubbs flicked in an equaliser for the Cards midway though the first half but goals from Adam Dugdale and Joe Partington put the visitors back in control at the break.

Partington turned from hero to villain on the hour mark as he felled Anthony Edgar inside the Eastleigh half and Delano Sam-Yorke poked home the resulting free-kick to reduce the deficit before second-half substitute Luke Chike Kandi fired in an equaliser to make it 3-3 for Garry Hill's hosts with 10 minutes remaining.

York City 0-1 Aldershot Town

Aldershot extended their unbeaten run to eight matches as they claimed a narrow victory over York at Bootham Crescent.

The away side came close with the first real chance of the game early on as Jake Gallagher forced Kyle Letheren into a smart save from just inside the 18-yard box.

The Shots took the lead on the half-hour mark as Bernard Mensah beat the offside trap before firing past Letheren and into the back of the net from 10 yards out.

On the back of a four-match winless run, hosts York tried to come back into the game with Jack Higgins firing Aidan Connolly's corner over the crossbar, while Scott Fenwick had a goal ruled offside five minutes after the break.

But despite all the home side's efforts, Aldershot held on to take maximum points home.

Dag & Red 0-0 Tranmere Rovers

Dagenham held on to top spot in the National League with a goalless draw against a stubborn 10-man Tranmere at Victoria Road.

Jordan Maguire-Drew had the best chance of a quiet first half with a great touch and fierce shot which Rovers goalkeeper Scott Davies did well to turn around the post.

The visitors were the better side during the opening exchanges of the second half but that changed when Michael Ihiekwe was dismissed after receiving his second yellow card with 36 minutes remaining.

Substitute Christian Assombalonga thought he had put the Daggers ahead when he connected with Andre Boucard's late corner but his powerful header hit a post.

Andy Cook should have won all three points for Tranmere but drilled his volley wide with the last kick of the game as the visitors earned a valuable point.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.