Tuesday's League One reports

Bradford 2-1 Fleetwood

Third-placed Bradford City maintained their unbeaten start to the season - and ended a run of five successive draws - after coming behind to earn a win over Fleetwood Town at Valley Parade.

Bobby Grant put Fleetwood in front after 34 minutes, taking a pass from David Ball and cutting in from the right before beating keeper Colin Doyle with an angled shot high into the net.

The goal came after former Bradford striker Devante Cole had missed a great chance of scoring against his old club in the 14th minute.

Cole looked certain to score after intercepting a loose pass from Josh Cullen, but Doyle dived full length to turn his low shot away for a corner.

Bradford equalised in the second minute of stoppage time at the end of the first half, three minutes after visitors' keeper Chris Neal had made a fine save to stop Haris Vuckic's shot on the line.

However, Neal could nothing to prevent Filipe Morais' equaliser. The Portguese winger raced on to a pass from substitute Billy Clarke and scored with a rasping shot from 10 yards to leave the sides level 1-1 at half-time.

Bradford's winner came in the 62nd minute. Timothee Dieng was held by back in the penalty area by Amari'i Bell and Clarke scored from the spot.

Charlton 1-1 Oldham

Peter Clarke's 82nd-minute equaliser extended Charlton's winless run to seven games as they drew 1-1 with Oldham.

Josh Magennis' first-half strike looked to have given Russell Slade's men their first three-point haul since 20 August, but they were dealt a late blow for the second home match in a row.

The Addicks' opener came in the 22nd minute when Ricky Holmes powered his way into the box to lay the ball off to Magennis, who blasted it past Connor Ripley.

Charlton strung together 21 passes for the goal, however, it would have counted for nothing if Chris Solly was not on the line to block Freddie Ladapo's close-range strike moments later.

The Londoners could have doubled their lead before the hour mark, but Magennis curled the ball over the bar after good footwork.

Oldham's equaliser came when Paul Green's lofted free-kick was met by Clarke who headed past Declan Rudd to send the 120-plus travelling fans home happy.

The Latics held on for the point despite suffering a scare when substitute Ademola Lookman struck the bar with five minutes remaining.

Chesterfield 3-3 Gillingham

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas scored two second-half penalties as Gillingham came from behind to shatter Chesterfield with a stoppage-time equaliser in a 3-3 draw.

Gillingham were caught cold in the second minute when Jon Nolan whipped in a free-kick from the right and Conor Wilkinson headed in from eight yards.

Chesterfield were causing problems down the flanks but Gillingham created little until the 32nd minute when Emmanuel-Thomas was denied from 10 yards by Tom Anderson's block.

The visitors went further behind in the 52nd minute after Mark Byrne tripped Nolan and Dennis fired the spot-kick past Stuart Nelson's right hand.

Emmanuel-Thomas pulled one back with a 65th-minute penalty after Deji Oshilaja was pulled back by Anderson but Wilkinson lifted the ball over Nelson in the 72nd minute to make it 3-1.

Emmanuel-Thomas netted a second penalty after Scott Wagstaff was tripped by Laurence Maguire to put Gillingham back in it.

Wagstaff then tapped in four minutes into added time to complete the comeback for the visitors.

MK Dons 1-3 Bury

James Vaughan bagged a brilliant brace as Bury continued their magnificent winning run with victory against MK Dons.

Vaughan scored twice, either side of a Ben Reeves strike, before Zeli Ismail added a third to ensure the Shakers remain second in the table following their fifth victory in a row.

Bury took the lead against the run of play through a Vaughan volley in the eighth minute following a mistake at the back by Paul Downing.

MK Dons dominated the first half and only a resilient Ben Williams kept them at bay. Reeves and Downing were both denied by spectacular Williams saves, before Nicky Maynard had his curling effort pushed around the post by the keeper.

Substitute Samir Carruthers crashed a shot against the post two minutes into the second half before Downing cannoned a header back off the upright on the 57th minute.

Reeves equalised deservedly from close range on the 64th minute but four minutes later Vaughan restored Bury's lead with a clinical finish.

And the Shakers wrapped up the win when Ismail ran the ball into an empty net five minutes into added time as the Dons threw caution to the wind.

Port Vale 3-1 Millwall

An early goal from Alex Jones helped Port Vale on their way to a comfortable 3-1 win over Millwall at Vale Park.

The Valiants' top scorer netted his sixth goal of the campaign, before Martin Paterson and Remie Streete condemned the Lions to their third consecutive defeat with Lee Gregory's penalty only scant consolation.

Jones took only four minutes to fire the home side in front, collecting a cross from the right, turning his marker and thumping the ball past Jordan Archer.

Vale, boasting a 100% home record, doubled their lead after 59 minutes when Sam Foley's shot from the edge of the box was clipped over the Lions keeper by Paterson from close range.

Defender Streete put the result beyond doubt 12 minutes later when he rose highest to meet Sam Hart's corner and planted a header into the ground and over Archer.

Millwall finally got off the mark six minutes from time when Gregory slotted home from the spot after Anthony Grant was penalised for handball while trying to block a shot.

Rochdale 1-0 Bolton

Steven Davies' stunning finish saw Bolton slip to their second league defeat of the season in a 1-0 reverse to Rochdale.

Trotters skipper Jay Spearing had the best effort of the first half, his low drive kept out by Dale stopper Josh Lillis.

The deadlock was broken in the 53rd minute in stunning fashion. Dale broke forward down the right and Davies' attempt to square the ball across the face of goal was blocked by David Wheater.

However, the ball ran loose and Davies was onto it in a flash, crashing an unstoppable shot into the roof of Mark Howard's net from a tight angle.

Jamie Allen came agonisingly close to a second minutes later with a clever headed attempt.

He contorted his body to meet the cross and guide his effort wide of Howard but against the frame of the goal, Davies foiled as he attempted to force home the rebound.

James Henry saw a deflected effort loop up over Lillis in the closing minutes but he clipped the outside of a post.

Sheffield United 1-0 Bristol Rovers

Sheffield United extended their unbeaten run to seven games with a 1-0 win against Bristol Rovers following a second-half goal from substitute Harry Chapman.

It was a fairly evenly contested first half with Ollie Clarke shooting narrowly wide for the visitors from 20 yards after collecting a loose ball.

For the hosts, John Fleck put a shot just wide and Rovers keeper Kelle Roos saved Billy Sharp's effort with his legs. Sharp also fired wide and Stefan Scougall had an effort blocked.

Rovers threatened in the latter stages of the half with Chris Lines having a free-kick well saved by Simon Moore and Easter heading over.

Easter wasted a great chance after the re-start, firing wide after being put through by Ellis Harrison.

Ollie Clarke put a long-range effort straight at Moore and Harrison had a low shot saved.

The goal came when Daniel Lafferty's cross from the left was met by a Chapman header after 65 minutes.

The visitors were reduced to 10 men a minute later when Easter was sent-off after clashing with Jack O'Connell.

Shrewsbury 1-1 Peterborough

Peterborough collected a point from a 1-1 draw at Shrewsbury despite being reduced to 10 men just before the hour when defender Ryan Tafazolli was sent off.

Posh started brightly with Tom Nichols bending an effort just off target before Chris Forrester hammered a 20-yard shot narrowly over the bar.

The visitors eventually broke the deadlock in the 32nd minute when Marcus Maddison's free-kick from the right was headed home by Gwion Edwards from close range.

Shaun Whalley twice went close for Shrewsbury either side of the goal with well-struck shots from just outside the penalty area which goalkeeper Luke McGee impressively turned away.

The visitors ended the half strongly with Maddison hitting a post with a low 20-yard drive while both he and Tafazolli forced good saves from Shrewsbury goalkeeper Jayson Leutwiler.

The home keeper made a fine save early in the second half from Paul Taylor and Shrewsbury went straight up the other end to grab a 56th-minute equaliser with Ian Black's looping header from Joe Riley's right-wing cross.

Three minutes later Tafazolli was sent off for bringing down Antoni Sarcevic, but Black's penalty was well saved by keeper McGee as the points were shared.

Southend 2-1 Oxford

Anthony Wordsworth's second-half penalty secured Southend United a 2-1 victory against Oxford United at Roots Hall.

Wordsworth - who was making his first start of the season after recovering from a hamstring injury - slotted home 16 minutes from time after Phil Edwards had been adjudged to have handled Ben Coker's left-wing cross.

Southend had earlier gone in front after 13 minutes when midfielder Ryan Leonard marked his 200th appearance for the Shrimpers by firing a stunning 25-yard volley into the right-hand side of the net.

Oxford drew back level just before the break when Kane Hemmings headed home Marvin Johnson's short corner.

But the Shrimpers hit back to continue their remarkable recent record against Oxford.

Phil Brown's side have now been beaten just once against the U's in the last 15 meetings between the two clubs and their victory could have been more comprehensive had Simon Eastwood not denied Adam Barrett in the closing stages.

However, Shrimpers shot-stopper Mark Oxley also did superbly well to deny Wes Thomas right at the death.

Swindon 1-3 Northampton

John-Joe O'Toole scored his second goal in as many games to give Northampton their first away win of the season as they beat Swindon 3-1 at the County Ground.

Northampton's lead came after just seven minutes when Paul Anderson weaved his way into the box before his low cross found Harry Beautyman, who slid in from close range.

Swindon almost levelled the scores in the 29th minute after four quick-fire attempts but Adam Smith made an excellent double save before his defenders blocked the following two.

John Obika had a chance to equalise for the home side on the stroke of half-time but fired his shot over the bar from close range.

Substitute Sean Murray got Swindon back into the game after 66 minutes as his effort from outside the area rifled into the back of the net.

Northampton regained the lead in the 76th minute after O'Toole headed in from a Matt Taylor corner.

Kenji Gorre killed the game off for the Cobblers in the 82nd minute after an Alex Revell dummy left the substitute with a simple finish.

Walsall 1-4 Scunthorpe

League One top scorer Josh Morris netted a hat-trick as leaders Scunthorpe cruised to a 4-1 win at Walsall.

Scunthorpe could have led inside 20 seconds as Duane Holmes pounced on Kevin Toner's under-hit backpass, but he fired wide with only keeper Neil Etheridge to beat.

But they only had to wait until the 11th minute to break the deadlock as Liam Kinsella handled from a corner and Morris swept home the penalty.

It was 2-0 on 13 minutes as Etheridge saved well from Tom Hopper only for Morris to slam home the rebound.

Walsall pulled a goal back in the 45th minute as Erhun Oztumer finished a neat run by finding the bottom corner from 18 yards.

They could have been level seconds later, but Simeon Jackson was foiled from close range by Iron keeper Luke Daniels.

That save would prove key as, just two minutes into the second half, Scunthorpe midfielder Neal Bishop lashed home from 25 yards.

Etheridge made fine saves from Holmes, Sam Mantom and Hopper to keep Walsall in it.

But Morris curled a beauty into the top corner to make it 4-1 on 83 minutes and substitute Kevin van Veen almost added a fifth with a lob that clipped the bar.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.

Top Stories