Saturday's League One reports

AFC Wimbledon 1-1 Shrewsbury Town

Ian Black's second-half equaliser earned Shrewsbury a hard-fought 1-1 draw at AFC Wimbledon despite having Ivan Toney sent off late on.

Lyle Taylor's first league goal since the opening day of the season had put AFC Wimbledon ahead, only for Black to level matters after the break, with Shrewsbury holding on despite Toney receiving two yellow cards.

The Dons began sharply and led after six minutes when Taylor battled to win a corner, before losing his marker to meet a low delivery with a fierce shot past Jayson Leutwiler.

Shrewsbury ought to have been level after 10 minutes when Toney spurned a fantastic chance, ballooning his header from Junior Brown's cross well over.

The visitors rarely threatened after that but they equalised within 90 seconds of the restart when Black was given space to fire beyond James Shea from 25 yards.

Shea then kept out Shaun Whalley's long-range effort, before Leutwiler made a fantastic save of his own from Dom Poleon from two yards.

Shrewsbury were reduced to 10 men when Toney was shown a senseless second yellow in the 82nd minute, but Wimbledon could not make their advantage count.

Bolton Wanderers 0-0 Bradford City

Phil Parkinson's current and former clubs slugged out a 0-0 draw at the Macron Stadium to keep Bolton and Bradford among the League One pacesetters.

In the first meeting between the teams since 1998, Parkinson's Bolton created the best of a shortage of goalscoring opportunities.

But the visitors, roared on by 4,388 fans in a bumper 17,486 attendance, ground out a fifth successive league draw.

Bolton's clearest chance of breaking the deadlock arguably came in the opening 20 seconds as Colin Doyle beat away a shot from Sammy Ameobi.

Former Bradford favourite Jamie Proctor headed over and Doyle saved from Ameobi again before Mark Marshall forced Mark Howard into a rare save 11 minutes before half-time.

The second half was similarly cagey, with James Henry and substitute Zach Clough going close as Bolton again shaded the contest in terms of possession and territory.

Bradford finished strongly but weak efforts from Marshall and substitute Jordy Hiwula were comfortably dealt with by Howard.

Bristol Rovers 2-1 Port Vale

A 63rd-minute penalty from Jermaine Easter clinched Bristol Rovers a 2-1 League One home win over Port Vale at the Memorial Stadium.

The experienced striker drilled a low spot-kick to the left of goalkeeper Jak Alnwick after a foul by Paulo Tavares on substitute Byron Moore.

Vale had taken a 23rd-minute lead when a mix-up in the centre of the Rovers defence allowed Martin Paterson space inside the box to drill a left-foot shot past Kelle Roos from 12 yards.

But Rovers had created the better openings to that point and equalised a minute before the break. Lee Brown delivered a deep cross from the left to the far post where Ellis Harrison rose to send a powerful header back across goal and into the roof of the net.

After Easter's decisive spot-kick, Rovers might have increased their lead when Moore's chip bounced back off the far post with Alnwick out of his goal.

Vale applied late pressure, but the hosts held out for a deserved win.

Bury 2-1 Chesterfield

Tom Pope claimed a late winner to give in-form Bury a 2-1 home victory against Chesterfield in League One.

Zeli Ismail volleyed the hosts into a 41st-minute lead, only for Kristian Dennis to equalise three minutes later.

But, after an even second half, Pope headed home three minutes from time to secure a fifth straight win for the Shakers and put them second in the table.

The hosts made a positive start with Chesterfield debutant Liam Graham blocking an Ismail shot before the Bury winger fired wide from a Jacob Mellis through-ball.

Dennis then failed to connect with a Jay O'Shea cross, while Ismail was denied by goalkeeper Ryan Fulton.

The game finally calmed down before Conor Wilkinson's free-kick struck a Bury post, and moments later Ismail volleyed home.

Dennis soon bundled in an equaliser from Wilkinson's pass and, after the break, O'Shea's 20-yard shot deflected on to the roof of the Bury net.

The Shakers were not to be denied victory and claimed all three points when substitute Tom Walker delivered a diagonal ball from the left and Pope got in front of his man to steer in his fifth goal of the season.

Fleetwood Town 1-4 MK Dons

Ryan Colclough scored a hat-trick as MK Dons ran out convincing 4-1 winners at Fleetwood in League One.

On-loan winger Colclough gave the Dons a ninth-minute lead when his cross from the left wrong-footed Fleetwood goalkeeper Chris Neal and slipped into the bottom corner.

Nathan Pond nearly levelled for the hosts before the break, heading David Ball's corner on to the top of the crossbar.

Fleetwood looked to be gathering momentum as the first half came to a close but their purple patch did not continue after the interval. Neal gave away an indirect free-kick inside his own box when he handled a back pass before redeeming himself with a fine save to deny Nicky Maynard.

The visitors grabbed their second in the 61st minute when Dean Bowditch converted from the penalty spot after he was brought down in the area by Jimmy Ryan.

Colclough added a third shortly after, latching on to keeper David Martin's punt forward and firing low inside Neal's near post.

Dons keeper Martin was then at fault as Bobby Grant's speculative effort from 20 yards pulled one back for the hosts with 20 minutes to play.

Colclough competed his hat-trick from the penalty spot in added time after George Baldock was upended inside the Fleetwood box.

Gillingham 2-1 Coventry City

Billy Knott's second-half strike gave Gillingham a narrow 2-1 win over bottom-of-the-table Coventry in a lively encounter at Priestfield.

An open first-half saw Kyel Reid torment the Gillingham defence with his direct running and he scored on 21 minutes after good work from Gael Bigirimana - volleying low past Stuart Nelson.

The Gills replied five minutes later when Max Ehmer glanced his close-range header home from Ryan Jackson's long throw.

Both teams continued to play positively, with Marvin Sordell forcing an acrobatic save from Nelson just before the break.

After the restart Cody McDonald's low effort went narrowly wide from eight yards, while Coventry's Vladimir Gadzhev stung the keeper's hands with a drive.

But it was the hosts who scored the crucial goal with just under 20 minutes to go as Knott calmly rolled the ball into the net following McDonald's precise pass.

And Nelson preserved the points in injury-time as he palmed Sordell's low effort round the post as Coventry's search for a first league win of the campaign goes on.

Millwall 2-3 Rochdale

Ian Henderson's late penalty saw Rochdale beat 10-man Millwall 3-2 win at The Den.

Callum Camps' well-taken early strike from 12 yards was cancelled out two minutes later by Millwall striker Aiden O'Brien's close-range finish.

It was Gregory who doubled the Lions' tally to give them the lead before the break, coolly slotting his penalty down the middle on his 100th appearance.

Keith Hill's men improved after the break and grabbed an equaliser through Calvin Andrew's powerful header after a superb free-kick from Joe Bunney.

The hosts then had to cope without Ben Thompson for the final 15 minutes after the midfielder picked up a second yellow for a rash challenge.

It looked like it would end all square before Henderson calmly slotted the spot-kick to win the game in the third minute of added time after Steven Davies was fouled by Nadjim Abdou.

Northampton Town 4-0 Southend Utd

Northampton got back to winning ways with a 4-0 demolition of 10-man Southend.

Two goals after the restart from John-Joe O'Toole and Alex Revell, from the penalty spot after Jason Demetriou was sent off, put Cobblers in control before Matt Taylor and Paul Anderson wrapped it up.

Sam Hoskins tested Southend goalkeeper Mark Oxley who then struggled to keep out Taylor's low drive.

Gabriel Zakuani's block prevented Stephen McLaughlin from giving the visitors the lead before Jermaine McGlashan fired at Adam Smith.

Those chances apart, both teams struggled in the final third but it took the Cobblers just two minutes after the restart to break the deadlock. Oxley failed to hold on to Jak McCourt's low drive and O'Toole swept home the loose ball.

Four minutes later Southend were two goals and a player down after Demetriou pulled back Anderson in the box and got a straight red card. Revell sent Oxley the wrong way from the ensuing spot-kick.

Taylor curled in a superb 30-yard free-kick on the hour mark and Anderson grabbed a fourth goal in the 78th minute, firing past Oxley after being set up by substitute Harry Beautyman.

Oldham Athletic 0-2 Swindon Town

Swindon ended a run of three straight league defeats with a well-deserved 2-0 League One victory at struggling Oldham.

A goal in each half secured the Robins a much-needed win for boss Luke Williams.

Swindon controlled the first period and deservedly led at the interval.

Jonathan Obika opened the scoring in the 18th minute, slotting home his second goal of the season from 15 yards after meeting a smart through-ball from John Goddard.

Earlier the Robins ought to have scored when Nathan Thompson lashed a shot over the top from six yards, while Oldham replied when Josh Law curled a free-kick narrowly wide from 25 yards.

Obika almost made it 2-0 when his acrobatic scissor-kick was well saved by Oldham goalkeeper Connor Ripley.

Three minutes after the restart Oldham almost levelled when Ollie Banks fired a shot inches wide from 20 yards.

However, Swindon responded perfectly by going two ahead in the 55th minute as Brandon Ormonde-Ottewill clipped home a shot from eight yards following Goddard's cut-back.

Peter Clarke cleared a late effort from Swindon's Raphael Rossi-Branco off the line.

Oxford Utd 1-1 Charlton Athletic

Chris Maguire fired his fifth goal of the season to earn Oxford a 1-1 draw with Charlton at the Kassam Stadium and deny the Addicks a first win in five.

Russell Slade's men went in front through a 54th-minute penalty by Johnnie Jackson.

U's right-back Phil Edwards handled Ademola Lookman's deep free-kick and Jackson calmly planted the spot-kick straight into the middle of the goal as Simon Eastwood dived to the right.

That was the first goal Oxford had conceded for over five and a half hours.

However, they equalised on a swift counter-attack in the 67th minute as substitute Kane Hemmings picked out Maguire making a run to his right, and Maguire drove beyond Declan Rudd from 14 yards.

Both teams produced some free-flowing passing football in the first half.

Rudd saved superbly to turn Chey Dunkley's header for a corner and Marvin Johnson twice went close with angled shots.

Eastwood raced off his line to block Lookman's shot with his legs and late in the game the U's goalkeeper brilliantly tipped over Josh Magennis' point-blank header.

Charlton finished with 10 men as Harry Lennon was shown the red card in the 94th minute for his second foul on Liam Sercombe.

The draw extended Oxford's unbeaten league run to four games.

Peterborough Utd 1-1 Walsall

Walsall came within a whisker of a first away win of the League One season after battling out a 1-1 draw at Peterborough.

Saddlers full-back Scott Laird slammed a shot against the inside of a post with four minutes to go at the ABAX Stadium.

The visitors had earlier been reliant on excellent saves from goalkeeper Neil Etheridge and a Flo Cuvelier goal-line clearance to keep them on level terms following a first-half exchange of goals.

Walsall hit the front when Simeon Jackson met a 16th-minute cross from Cuvelier to head home his fourth goal of the season, but Posh did not take long to level.

Marcus Maddison also grabbed his fourth goal of the season as he curled a sublime 27th-minute shot past Etheridge.

But they could find no other way past the Walsall number one who produced finger-tip stops to keep out a deflected Gwion Edwards shot in the first half and a goal-bound Tom Nichols header in the second period.

And even when Etheridge was beaten for a second time on the stroke of half-time, Cuvelier was on hand to clear an Edwards effort off the line as Posh had to settle for a third successive home draw.

Scunthorpe Utd 2-2 Sheff Utd

A late equaliser from skipper Billy Sharp rescued 10-man Sheffield United as a dramatic game at leaders Scunthorpe ended 2-2.

After both teams had cancelled each other out in the opening half-hour, it was the Blades who took a 34th-minute lead as they chased a fifth successive win.

Defender Chris Basham popped up unmarked in the box to round off a well-worked free-kick routine with a good right-footed finish.

The Blades could have struck again in first-half stoppage time but Paul Coutts dragged his shot from the edge of the box well wide after brilliant work by Mark Duffy had set up the opening.

Scunthorpe stepped up a gear at the start of the second half and Richie Smallwood, making his full debut on loan from Rotherham, tested goalkeeper Simon Moore with a good 20-yard effort.

The home side were back on level terms in the 55th minute when Josh Morris burst into the box from the left to beat Moore at his near post with a blistering left-footed shot for his eighth goal of the season.

The visitors were reduced to 10 men in the 69th minute when Basham was sent off for his challenge on Neal Bishop.

Scunthorpe looked to have won it in the 83rd minute when Duane Holmes burst into the box from the right to leather a right-footed shot past Moore into the far corner of the net.

But two minutes later the visitors were back on level terms when ex-Iron man Sharp scored from the spot after David Mirfin's foul on substitute Stefan Scougall.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.