Tuesday's League One reports

Scunthorpe United 0-0 Charlton Athletic

Scunthorpe moved two points clear at the top of League One following a goalless draw with Charlton at Glanford Park.

Following a quiet opening, Iron's leading scorer Josh Morris was not too far away with an effort that fizzed just wide, and minutes later he brought a low save out of Declan Rudd.

The Addicks finally created an opening just shy of the half-hour mark when Chris Solly's cross was met by a diving Fredrik Ulvestad, but the Norwegian's header spun narrowly wide.

After the break, Ademola Lookman should have done better when he ran at the retreating Scunthorpe backline only to shoot tamely off target when getting a sight of goal.

Kevin van Veen, a virtual spectator for 80 minutes, crashed a shot just wide for the hosts as he managed to get a toe to a loose ball in the box.

Charlton brought on substitute Jordan Botaka for the last seven minutes and he should have scored, but he thumped Lookman's cross well over.

Addicks defender Jason Pearce made a terrific block to deny Iron sub Hakeeb Adelakun, before Morris hit a shot straight at Rudd.

And right at the death, Johnnie Jackson struck a terrific free-kick, only to see the ball crash off Luke Daniels' left-hand post and go behind.

Swindon Town 1-2 Bristol Rovers

Jermaine Easter forced a late own goal as Bristol Rovers came from behind to beat Swindon.

Rovers scored two goals in two minutes to end their run of four consecutive draws, lifting themselves out of the bottom four in League One.

Swindon's Lloyd Jones, who missed the defeat to Bury due to suspension, bundled in a Yaser Kasim corner to give his side the early lead.

Rovers went in search of an equaliser and Chris Lines' free-kick was tipped on to the bar by goalkeeper Lawrence Vigouroux.

Midfielder Ollie Clarke thought he had levelled the scores for his team in the second half, but he was denied by the post after his shot had the Swindon goalkeeper beaten.

Rovers were awarded a penalty in the closing 10 minutes after Raphael Rossi Branco fouled Easter and Matty Taylor made no mistake from the spot to score his sixth goal of the season.

Clumsy defending from Swindon saw Branco turn Easter's cross into the back of the net for the winner moments later.

Top Stories