Alloa and Livingston set Scottish League One pace

Iain Flannigan
Alloa's Iain Flannigan scored a late winner at Hampden

Joint League One leaders Alloa and Livingston continued their impressive starts to the season with victories.

Alloa were 2-1 winners away to Queen's Park, while Livingston beat visitors Brechin City by the same scoreline.

The bottom two sides, Stenhousemuir and Peterhead, drew 2-2, which was good news for eighth-placed Albion Rovers, who lost 3-2 at Stranraer.

Airdrieonians and East Fife remain level on eight points apiece after a 1-1 draw at the Excelsior Stadium.

Brechin had enjoyed an unbeaten start to the league season but Danny Mullen fired Livi into the lead when he tapped in a rebound after Graeme Smith could only parry Liam Buchanan's effort.

City's Andrew Jackson had a shot cleared off the line by Alan Lithgow before Scott Pitman added a second with a 20-yard strike into the top corner, with Alan Trouten pulling a goal back with a shot off the underside off the bar.

At Hampden, Ross Millen gave Queen's Park the lead at home to Alloa when the hosts were awarded a penalty. Millen stepped up to slot past Neil Parry but the visitors equalised as Greig Spence scored a spot-kick of his own.

The Wasps completed the comeback late on as Iain Flannigan popped up to net the winner for Jack Ross' side.

Fraser Kerr bagged a second-half brace as winless Stenhousemuir came from two goals down to draw at home with Peterhead.

Nicky Riley struck his second goal in two games before midfielder Kevin Dzierzawski headed home Steven Noble's ball, but two headers from Kerr cancelled those efforts out.

Craig Thomson scored his first career goals in Stranraer's home win.

The on-loan St Johnstone midfielder found the bottom left corner following a strong run into the box before striking home a low shot from the centre of the penalty area on the stroke of half-time.

Blues striker Mark McGuigan turned and fired into the bottom left corner from the edge of the area to extend the lead, before Ross Stewart and a Paul Willis penalty helped Albion reduce the deficit.

East Fife had an early lead away to Airdrieonians when Mark Lamont whipped in a dangerous cross and Kevin Smith nodded past Rohan Ferguson at the back post.

Airdrie struck back when Jonathan Page was penalised for a challenge on Andy Ryan in the box, Iain Russell equalising from the penalty spot.