Saturday's League Two reports

Exeter City 0-2 Plymouth Argyle

Paul Arnold Garita starred as Plymouth Argyle beat Exeter City in the 104th Devon derby to stay top of League Two.

The Cameroon-born striker set up the opener as he chested Craig Tanner's cross into the path of Graham Carey.

He powered his way through the Exeter centre-backs 20 minutes later to score the second before Robbie Simpson missed an excellent chance for City.

Garita was forced off with a knee injury just after half-time before Lee Holmes hit the post for Exeter.

Accrington Stanley 1-0 Portsmouth

Paddy Lacey celebrated his first League goal for Accrington as they overcame Portsmouth.

It was Pompey who started off the livelier with former Stanley winger Gary Roberts, one of five former Reds in the Portsmouth 18, having a great chance to open the scoring in the third minute when he got the ball unmarked to the left of the area but fired across goal and wide.

Chances were limited, with an off-target Michael Doyle diving header after 33 minutes the closest Portsmouth came to scoring.

Stanley's best first-half chance came in the 40th minute when Sean McConville's corner was headed against his own crossbar by Pompey defender Christian Burgess.

The home side took the lead six minutes after the restart when Lacey collected the ball 20 yards out and found the top corner of the net with a superb strike on his league debut.

Billy Kee fired straight at David Forde as Stanley looked for a second, while McConville weaved his way into the area but his strike again was easy for the Pompey goalkeeper.

Portsmouth pressed but failed to threaten keeper Aaron Chapman as Stanley celebrated a second successive win.

Barnet 1-1 Colchester United

Curtis Weston's late goal saw Barnet draw with Colchester at The Hive.

The Bees started slowly, affording their opponents time to pick passes and they were punished when Drey Wright pulled the ball back to Tariq Fosu-Henry who gave the visitors a sixth-minute lead.

The home side struggled to keep possession in even the simplest situations and manager Martin Allen was forced to make a change after just half an hour, throwing on Jamal Campbell-Ryce.

And the substitute made a real difference, tormenting left-back Ben Dickenson and picking out Shaun Batt just before the break but the striker could only head over from three yards.

Barnet continued to look strong after half-time but still needed Josh Vickers' strong right hand to keep out Wright's shot.

But just a minute after Luke Gambin had seen a shot cleared off the line, Curtis Weston finished off a goal-line scramble to bag an 82nd-minute equaliser.

Blackpool 2-2 Carlisle Utd

Armand Gnanduillet scored the equaliser as Blackpool came from two goals down to snatch a draw against Carlisle.

Gnanduillet struck the base of a post for the Seasiders with a close-range header after 10 minutes before Jack Payne's 25-yard strike was superbly tipped over by Mark Gillespie.

Carlisle goalkeeper Gillespie was instrumental on the stroke of half-time, saving first from Kyle Vassell before denying Tom Aldred at point-blank range.

Despite their first-half dominance, the hosts were behind after 51 minutes as Jabo Ibehre's deflected 25-yard shot was tipped against the bar by Sam Slocombe but the rebound fell to Charlie Wyke who tapped home from two yards.

Carlisle, who hold the division's only unbeaten record, doubled their advantage seven minutes later when Michael Raynes rose highest to nod home Nicky Adams' free-kick.

Blackpool pulled one back straight from the restart as Gnanduillet teed up strike-partner Vassell who nodded past Gillespie from four yards.

Forward Gnanduillet then ensured his side a share of the spoils, latching on to a ball over the top and brushing aside defender Raynes before firing past the onrushing Gillespie 16 minutes from time.

Cambridge Utd 1-2 Morecambe

Cambridge's dismal start to the League Two season continued as they surrendered the lead to lose 2-1 at home to Morecambe.

The U's led at half-time through Piero Mingoia but the game was transformed by goals from Shrimps pair Jack Dunn and Paul Mullin in the space of three minutes after the hour.

Winger Mingoia opened the scoring nine minutes before the break, firing across Morecambe goalkeeper Barry Roche after the ball fell to him when Ben Williamson was unable to get a shot away.

The visitors levelled in the 62nd minute when Dunn converted from the penalty spot after being brought down by Luke Berry.

Dunn was involved again two minutes later, robbing Conor Newton and freeing Mullin down the middle, who rounded keeper Will Norris and fired beyond a man on the line.

Medy Elito and Berry both fired wide as the hosts failed to find an equaliser, leaving them without a win in their opening eight league fixtures.

Cheltenham Town 2-3 Notts County

Jon Stead scored twice for Notts County as they beat Cheltenham in a lively League Two encounter.

It took Stead's brace and a strike by Jonathan Forte to beat the resilient Robins, who levelled twice through Danny Wright and Harry Pell.

The visitors were ahead after four minutes as a ball by Carl Dickinson left Forte with enough space to fire a half-volley beyond Russell Griffiths in the home goal.

The lead did not last long though as the impressive Pell whipped in a cross for Wright to equalise with a close-range header in the 24th minute.

County were back in front four minutes before the break when Stead cut inside two defenders to direct a curving shot into the net from inside the area.

Pell had the hosts level again 10 minutes after the restart, controlling a knocked-down free-kick on his chest before firing home.

Straight from kick-off, the visitors grabbed the lead for a third time as Stead squeezed a shot beneath Griffiths to make it 3-2 with 56 minutes played.

Substitutes James Dayton and Billy Waters both went close but Cheltenham could not find an equaliser.

Crawley Town 2-0 Luton Town

Goals in each half from James Collins and Enzio Boldewijn gave Crawley their first League Two win in five games as they beat Luton.

Former Shrewsbury striker Collins struck with a fine header shortly before the break and Dutch midfielder Boldewijn raced through to fire the second in stoppage time.

Luton goalkeeper Christian Walton, on loan from Brighton, came to his side's rescue in the 10th minute by saving a goal-bound shot from Collins with his leg after a pass by Boldewijn.

England Under-21 international keeper Walton later showed alertness to save a low shot from midfielder Billy Clifford.

The Hatters began slowly but former Sunderland youngster Jordan Cook should have hit the target when firing wide from a cross by Josh McQuoid.

McQuoid was off target with a glancing header before Collins gave Crawley the lead three minutes before the break by stooping to head home a cross from Lewis Young at the near post.

Luton had a let off when Boldewijn drove narrowly over following a strong run down the right.

Luton boss Nathan Jones introduced three substitutes in the second half in an effort to pep up his side but they produced few clear chances. In a late raid, Johnny Mullins had a shot cleared off the line before keeper Glenn Morris saved from Alan Sheehan.

Boldewijn then raced on to a pass from skipper Jimmy Smith to fire Crawley's second goal in the second minute of stoppage time.

Doncaster Rovers 2-0 Newport County

Doncaster moved into second place in League Two with a comfortable win over Newport County.

Rovers' first half dominance was rewarded by James Coppinger's superb free-kick, but Andy Williams and Tommy Rowe both missed good chances.

The pair made amends soon after the restart when they combined well for Williams to double the lead.

The introduction of Ryan Jackson and Rhys Healey added impetus to County, but the home team always had the edge.

Grimsby Town 0-2 Crewe Alexandra

A goal in each half saw Crewe claim a victory at Grimsby that lifts them into the top three in League Two.

George Cooper grabbed the opener on the stroke of half-time after pouncing on a mistake from the hosts before James Jones added a second with five minutes to go.

Crewe were asking more questions throughout the first half and could have gone ahead on the half-hour mark when Josh Gowling handled in the box and Michael Salisbury pointed to the spot.

Chris Dagnall struck his penalty well but James McKeown sprang to his right to push away and maintain parity.

Grimsby had the ball in the net six minutes before the break when Ben Garratt spilled Omar Bogle's powerful shot but strike-partner Shaun Tuton was flagged offside as he tapped home.

The Alex got the goal their first-half display had deserved in stoppage time when they pounced on a mistake by Luke Summerfield and Cooper was played into the box to slot home.

After early appeals for a penalty were waved away, Grimsby continued to plug away in search of an equaliser, but Steve Davis' men sealed a deserved victory five minutes from time when Jones forced a late corner over the line from close range.

Hartlepool Utd 0-0 Mansfield Town

Hartlepool's wait for a first home win of the season continues after their goalless draw with Mansfield.

Pools have yet to win in four games on home turf and rarely looked like winning this one either.

Lewis Alessandra, who had already had a shot deflected over, went close after 21 minutes. He tricked his way into the area but cut back onto his right foot and the shot was charged down.

Captain Billy Paynter then teed-up Josh Laurent for a volley but the midfielder could not keep it down.

The game lifted a gear in the second half and Pools thought they had scored when Nathan Thomas netted from a corner, but an offside flag ruled it out.

The Stags' first opening came on the hour mark as left-back Malvind Benning tricked his way forward and tried a low shot which curled wide.

Laurent was denied when his well-struck effort from 12 yards was tipped over the crossbar by Scott Shearer.

And Paynter should have put Pools ahead when he was played in by Thomas, only for the captain to lift his chipped finish over the bar.

At the other end, the dangerous Matt Green bounded in on goal but, as he picked his spot, Pools goalkeeper Trevor Carson stood tall to keep him out.

Leyton Orient 0-1 Yeovil Town

Tom Eaves' second-half goal proved enough to hand Yeovil Town their first win in six League Two matches as they claimed maximum points at Leyton Orient.

The Glovers broke the deadlock when Otis Khan took a short corner and - with the O's defence slow to react - the ball reached the unmarked Eaves who was left to head home from close range.

The opening half got off to a slow start with little to show for it from either side.

Nathan Smith enjoyed the best opportunity for the visitors when his angled effort was collected by Alex Cisak at the near post, whilst at the opposite end, Liam Kelly's powerful drive from 20 yards went narrowly over the crossbar.

The game improved after the break as a spectacle with the visitors growing in confidence against a lacklustre Orient before Eaves gave headed home to claim them the three points after 76 minutes.

O's only came to life with the introduction of last season's leading striker Jay Simpson, who had missed the past few matches through injury, and he came closest to salvaging a point only for his effort to be cleared off the line on the dying minutes.

Orient left the field to boos with a section of the crowd venting their anger against club owner Francesco Becchetti.

Wycombe Wanderers 1-0 Stevenage

Dayle Southwell's first-half goal was the difference as Wycombe Wanderers edged past Stevenage at Adams Park.

The Chairboys, searching for their first league victory since 13 August, showed promise in a quiet opening period to the game with Michael Harriman's free-kick producing an excellent save from Jamie Jones.

The hosts then went close again with Southwell failing to convert a gilt-edged chance on the stroke of half-time.

Southwell however went from villain to hero moments later as the forward tapped home Sam Wood's cross in the third minute of first-half stoppage time.

Both sides upped the tempo in the second half and a strong midfield battle ensued, but the Chairboys were able to resist Stevenage with Andrew Fox spurning the best opportunity for the visitors.

Indeed, though the Boro dominated the latter stages of the game, a barrage of long balls came to nothing as the home side saw the game out to record their second league victory of the season.

Reports supplied by Press Association.