Tuesday's National League reports

Boreham Wood 1-1 Aldershot Town

Aldershot took their unbeaten run to five games with a draw at Boreham Wood, who continue to struggle with just one win in eight.

The visitors had the best chance of a goalless first half, which came in its last minute. Tony Straker and Jake Gallagher combined well to find Matt McClure in space, but his nod at goal was fielded by Grant Smith.

The game came alive in the second half. Morgan Ferrier got on the end of a swift Boreham Wood counter attack down the left, and converted under the body of Jake Cole.

Minutes later though, a Josh Wakefield cross-shot was neatly turned in by McClure for the equaliser.

Report supplied by Press Association

Chester FC 2-0 Guiseley

Guiseley's winless start to the new season continued with a defeat at Chester.

The rock-bottom Lions held on until the break, although they needed some good fortunate to do so.

Goalkeeper Jonathan Maxted saved superbly from Tom Shaw, then Ryan Lloyd hit the post, and Kane Richards fired straight at the keeper during a goalmouth scramble as Guiseley rode their luck.

Jon McCarthy's hosts did find the breakthrough not long into the second period as Richards converted James Akintunde's cut-back with a smart chip.

Chester sealed matters from the penalty spot with Shaw slotting home after Johnny Hunt was fouled.

Will Hatfield completed Guiseley's miserable night as he was sent off after a foul on Craig Mahon with six minutes to go.

Report supplied by Press Association

Dagenham & Redbridge 2-0 Dover Athletic

Oli Hawkins extended his season's goal tally to eight as Dagenham and Redbridge saw off Dover at Victoria Road.

The striker's penalty, which went in off the inside of the post, doubled the Daggers' lead in the first half after Corey Whitely had been illegally checked inside the area.

Jordan Maguire-Drew's shot also went in off the frame of the goal in only the second minute, setting the tone for the hosts to dominate.

Dagenham did not have it all their own way, and striker Fejiri Okenabirhie had to be sharp to clear off his own goal line from a scramble in the second half.

Report supplied by Press Association

Forest Green Rovers 1-1 Eastleigh

Fellow promotion-hopefuls Forest Green and Eastleigh looked in good shape at the New Lawn as they played out an entertaining draw.

It was 0-0 at the interval, as an in-form Rovers struggled to make the breakthrough against equally-spirited opponents.

The visitors threatened most significantly, Luke Coulson forcing Sam Russell to tip his volley over.

The sides exchanged quick goals early in the second half. Mikael Mandron gave Ronnie Moore's outfit a deserved lead with a shot high past Russell, but substitute Elliott Frear fed Rhys Murphy to level with his sixth goal of a productive season.

Green's Darren Carter came closest to earning victory when he shot an inch wide of the post.

Report supplied by Press Association

Gateshead 0-1 North Ferriby United

Reece Thompson's second-half goal handed North Ferriby their first ever away win in the fifth tier as they beat struggling Gateshead.

Although it was goalless at the break, the Villagers responded to four defeats in-a-row by taking the game to the hosts.

Thompson shot just wide from Taron Hare's cross, and Danny Clarke forced Sam Johnson into a good save.

It was no surprise when Thompson gave North Ferriby the advantage in the 49th minute. The deadline-day signing marked his first goal for the Grange Lane club by rounding the goalkeeper and slotting in from a tight angle.

Gus Mafuta's late strike almost levelled the scores, but North Ferriby held on for the win.

Report supplied by Press Association

Lincoln City 0-0 Solihull Moors

Solihull Moors goalkeeper Nathan Vaughan produced an inspired display to deny National League leaders Lincoln a sixth straight win.

Vaughan's saves earned Moors a goalless draw at Sincil Bank, ending a run of four straight losses, despite playing with 10 men for 40 minutes.

The early action was end-to-end without producing early clear-cut chances. Midway through the first half Adam Marriott's goal-bound drive called Vaughan into action, with Lincoln's Nathan Arnold unable to get on to the parry.

Five minutes after half-time, Jean-Yves Koue Niate was sent off for an off-the-ball incident that left Matt Rhead grounded.

The Imps then dominated with Rhead having a goalward shot blocked and Vaughan denying Arnold from point-blank range. Late on Vaughan saved brilliantly from Lincoln debutant Tom Champion.

Report supplied by Press Association

Macclesfield Town P-P Wrexham

The match between Macclesfield and Wrexham was postponed because of a waterlogged pitch.

A torrential downpour just over an hour before the scheduled 1945 BST kick-off time left large sections of the Moss Road pitch under water.

Referee Steve Rushton waited until 1845 BST before deciding there was no chance of any play.

Macclesfield were looking for a fourth win in a row in the National League to close the gap on leaders Lincoln.

Maidstone United 0-2 Bromley

Bromley ended a three-game winless run with a win on Maidstone United's artificial pitch at the Gallagher Stadium.

George Porter and Tobi Sho-Silva scored in either half before visiting goalkeeper Alan Julian kept out a penalty.

Porter opened the scoring on 24 minutes when he pounced to score after Dave Martin's effort was parried into his path.

Sho-Silva added the second when he thrashed home in the 55th minute and Maidstone's night got worse when Liam Enver-Marum's spot-kick was kept out.

Report supplied by Press Association

Southport 1-4 Barrow

Byron Harrison continued his impressive form in front of goal as Barrow thumped lowly Southport.

Harrison struck twice in the opening half, the second from the penalty spot, to improve his tally to five goals in five games.

Barrow have been unbeaten during the 29-year-old striker's rich run of form - taking 11 points from a possible 15 - and are now on the brink of the play-off places.

Richie Bennett and Liam Hughes added their names to the scoresheet before second-from-bottom Southport got a late consolation through James Caton.

Report supplied by Press Association

Sutton United 1-2 Braintree Town

Chez Isaac netted in each half as 10-man Braintree returned to winning ways with a much-needed victory over Sutton at Gander Green Lane.

The U's scored the opener 10 minutes before the break after Kevin Amankwaah was brought down in the Braintree box, when former Middlesbrough midfielder Nicky Bailey beat goalkeeper Sam Beasant for his third goal of the season.

Isaac equalised in kind just before the break as he fired home from the penalty spot following a foul by Louis John.

Beasant did well to tip Amankwaah's header over the bar after 50 minutes and put in a diving save to deny Chris Dickson, while - at the other end - Ross Stearn's attempt to find the top corner missed by inches.

The away side lost Ian Gayle to a red card with seven minutes remaining but Isaac completed his brace at the end when his 25-yard strike beat Ross Worner to clinch all three points.

Report supplied by Press Association

Woking 3-1 Torquay United

Woking returned to winning ways with a much-needed victory over Torquay at Kingfield Stadium.

The away side took the lead against the run of play when Nathan Blissett's header was blocked by former Gulls goalkeeper Michael Poke before summer signing Giancarlo Gallifuoco tapped the ball home for his third goal of the season.

Torquay almost doubled their advantage when Blissett and Daniel Sparkes combined to set up Jamie Reid, who struggled with the tight angle and found the side netting.

Woking struck back four minutes after half-time as Gozie Ugwu collected a great ball and set up for Delano Sam-Yorke to sweep into an empty net, and he completed his brace from inside the box just before the hour mark.

The visitors threatened to come back but Garry Hill's home side increased their lead through man of the match Dennon Lewis as he lifted a neat shot over goalkeeper Brendan Moore and in off the underside of the bar.

Report supplied by Press Association

York City 0-0 Tranmere Rovers

Ten-man Tranmere halted their two-game losing run in the National League with a goalless draw at York.

Rovers had the better of the first-half chances, Andy Cook and Lois Maynard going close early on before Jeff Hughes had a close-range effort well saved by Kyle Letheren in the closing stages.

The game swung in York's favour after Hughes was sent off for a challenge on Richard Brodie in the opening minutes of the second half but Tranmere threatened again when James Norwood headed the ball against the crossbar.

Justin Johnson fired well over for York in injury time as they failed to make their numerical advantage count.

Report supplied by Press Association