League Two: Forfar keep winning as Edinburgh win first point

Forfar's Andy Munro conceded a penalty but then headed in a goal for his own team to make amends
Forfar's Andy Munro conceded a penalty but then headed in a goal for his own team to make amends

Forfar Athletic maintained their 100% record at the top of Scottish League Two as newcomers Edinburgh City secured their first-ever senior league point.

The Loons extended their lead at the top to five points with a 2-1 win away to Annan Athletic, while City drew 1-1 away to Stirling Albion.

Clyde leapfrogged Arbroath into second place with a 3-2 win over the visitors, while Elgin City are third after a 4-2 victory away to Berwick Rangers.

Cowdenbeath beat Montrose 2-1.

A late winner from Lewis Milne gave Forfar victory despite Annan having gone ahead midway through the first half thanks to Max Wright's penalty after Andy Munro fouled David McKenna in the box.

Munro headed home David Cox's cross on the hour mark and Milne then bagged his third league goal of the season to complete the comeback for the leaders with six minutes remaining.

Arbroath's unbeaten start to the league season came to an end in Cumbernauld at the hands of Clyde.

Barry Ferguson's side were ahead within six minutes courtesy of Scott Linton's right-footed effort, but Josh Skelly equalised for Arbroath moments later.

Clyde were ahead again after 24 minutes, when Martin McNiff headed home Dylan Easton's corner.

Bobby Linn bagged his fourth league goal of the season for Arbroath to level the game at half-time, but it was Clyde who found the winner through Peter MacDonald's right-footed effort after 71 minutes.

Substitute Craig Gunn scored twice for Elgin against Berwick, the visitors having gone ahead when Shane Sutherland followed up a decent save from Kevin Walker to slot home left-footed.

Walker failed to stop Jamie Reid's effort from creeping into the corner on 24 minutes.

Berwick battled back to halve the deficit just before the break as Greg Hurst scored his first goal for the club, but Gunn restored Elgin's two-goal advantage on 75 minutes with a right-foot shot.

Hurst fired home his second of the afternoon moments later, but Gunn eased any Elgin nerves to complete his own brace with four minutes remaining.

Ross Allum's late goal gave Edinburgh a draw with Stirling at Forthbank Stadium.

Eddie Ferns set up the opener, swinging in a free-kick that skipper Ross McMillan glanced into the bottom-right corner.

However, Allum fired into the corner from Dougie Gair's cross with six minutes to go and almost won it at the death when his shot was blocked.

Cowdenbeath came from behind to beat winless Montrose at Links Park.

Montrose went ahead when Gary Fraser found the bottom-right corner with a penalty after Nikolay Todorov fouled Gary Fraser, but Gary Glen's close-range header restored parity.

Kris Renton tapped home from close range to put the visitors ahead nine minutes after the break.