Saturday's League One reports

AFC Wimbledon 2-3 Sheffield United

Sheffield United claimed their third straight win in League One as they held out for victory at AFC Wimbledon.

Mark Duffy opened the scoring for the Blades in the 20th minute after he beat a defender and then the goalkeeper with a dummy before finding the net.

Captain Billy Sharp doubled his side's lead six minutes later with a well-placed header after a cross from Matt Done, but Dom Poleon pulled one back in the 37th minute with a low header from an Andy Barcham cross.

Duffy and Done both missed chances for the visitors before Done found the net from a clever John Fleck through-ball just before the hour mark.

Substitute Tom Elliott made a quick impact and gave the Dons renewed hope in the 73rd minute from Dean Parrett's free-kick, but United held on.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.

Bolton Wanderers 1-1 MK Dons

Mark Howard's brilliant second-half penalty save preserved a point against MK Dons and kept Bolton top of the League One table.

The former Sheffield United goalkeeper pushed Kieran Agard's spot-kick onto the crossbar moments after the Dons had brought themselves level through Ryan Colclough.

Phil Parkinson's side took a seventh-minute lead when Jay Spearing's corner was headed back at the far post by Jamie Proctor and Mark Beevers swept home from close range.

Wanderers dominated the half and should have doubled their advantage when David Wheater headed over from close range.

Agard missed a chance to open his account for the season when he failed to get a touch on Dean Bowditch's low cross, but the Dons were level nine minutes after the restart when Colclough slotted home at the second attempt following a save from Howard.

Agard then won a penalty after being pulled down by Lewis Buxton, only to be frustrated by a magnificent stop from Howard.

Almost immediately Bolton had a good claim for a penalty of their own turned down when Proctor appeared to be fouled in mid-air by Joe Walsh.

The home side turned the screw and Newcastle loanee Sammy Ameobi had two late efforts kept out of the net by some excellent goalkeeping by David Martin and some frantic defending.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.

Bristol Rovers 2-2 Rochdale

Matt Taylor volleyed a spectacular 49th-minute equaliser to earn Bristol Rovers a draw at home to 10-man Rochdale.

The visitors went in front after 17 minutes when Callum Camps ran on to an Ian Henderson pass and rounded goalkeeper Kelle Roos before shooting into an empty net.

The lead lasted only four minutes before Peter Hartley headed a Chris Lines corner across goal for Taylor to get the final touch inside the six-yard box.

Before the celebrations of the home fans had died down, Rochdale struck again as the dangerous Joe Bunney collected a long ball from the left and crossed for Henderson to net a simple tap-in.

Rochdale could have been further ahead at the break with Peter Vincenti heading wide early on and Henderson seeing a 35th-minute shot from close range saved by Roos.

Taylor levelled again with a scissor-kick from Hartley's header soon after the break and Rochdale's task was made tougher when centre-back Niall Canavan was dismissed for a second yellow card in the 72nd minute, but they held on.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.

Bury 2-1 Shrewsbury

Danny Mayor's second-half brace handed Bury a last-gasp victory at home to Shrewsbury.

Each side finished with 10 men as Bury striker James Vaughan and Shrewsbury centre-half Adam El-Abd were sent off either side of the break with the score still goalless.

Mayor then broke the deadlock with a 65th minute strike and although Ivan Toney levelled with a quarter of an hour remaining, Mayor struck again at the start of stoppage time to make it back-to-back home wins for the Shakers.

Bury had the better of the opening stages, with Zeli Ismail jinking down the right before cutting back for Mayor, who sidefooted just wide.

Ismail then played a one-two with Jacob Mellis and cut back for Vaughan, whose goalbound effort was blocked by Jack Grimmer.

Vaughan and El-Abd then clashed on 39 minutes, with both players being booked, and just two minutes later Vaughan caught El-Abd late, resulting in a second yellow card.

El-Abd followed him off on 52 minutes after bundling over Mayor for a second yellow, and shortly after the latter cut in from the left before firing into the top corner.

Shrewsbury replied as Joe Riley crossed for Toney to beat goalkeeper Ben Williams in the air and head home, but Mayor pounced from close range to seal victory at the death.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.

Fleetwood Town 2-2 Charlton

Super-sub Lee Novak bundled in a late equaliser as Charlton fought back to draw and stop Uwe Rosler's Fleetwood from moving into the top two.

Novak diverted fellow substitute Kevin Foley's pass home in the 87th minute and the goal prevented Fleetwood from climbing over Bradford into second spot in the League One table.

Fleetwood's on-loan Burnley striker Chris Long netted his third goal in as many league games in the fourth minute as he rocketed the ball past Declan Rudd from distance.

It was all Fleetwood until Charlton finally sparked into life just after the half-hour-mark as Josh Magennis nodded in Ricky Holmes' cross in the 32nd minute.

David Ball restored Fleetwood's lead, picking up a loose ball on the edge of the box and sublimely curled the ball into the top corner in the 44th minute.

The second half was a game of attrition until the match exploded back into life in the final 15 minutes with Town keeper Chris Neal twice making fingertip saves to thwart Holmes and Novak before the striker popped up with the late leveller.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.

Gillingham 1-1 Bradford City

Bradford remain undefeated in League One after taking a share of the points in a spirited draw with 10-man Gillingham.

Mark Marshall missed an early sight on goal for the Bantams as the game took 10 minutes to come to life.

Rory Donnelly's hold-up play and pass allowed young midfielder Emmanuel Osadebe to roll the ball into Cody McDonald's path, giving the Gills striker room for a powerful finish past Colin Doyle.

After a series of blocked shots, Bradford got a deserved equaliser on the half-hour mark in an increasingly open game as Jordy Hiwula flicked in a header from a corner with no man watching the far post.

A deciding goal never came in the second half despite Bradford midfielder Josh Cullen's fierce drive, and a Max Ehmer effort for the Gills from six yards out that was heroically blocked by the Bantams defence.

A second yellow card for Gills defender Ryan Jackson came too late to affect what was, on balance, a fair result.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.

Millwall 1-1 Coventry City

Aiden O'Brien's second-half tap-in denied Coventry their first win of the season as Millwall rescued a point.

The home side had early chances, David Worrall heading over from Joe Martin's cross, while Byron Webster wasted an opportunity from a Worrall corner inside the first 15 minutes.

But Coventry led after 22 minutes through Marvin Sordell's first goal for the club.

The forward showed strength under pressure to swivel and fire home from 25 yards for only the Sky Blues' third league goal this term.

Coventry keeper Reice Charles-Cook's attempted clearance played in O'Brien before half-time, but he dragged his shot wide.

The visitors repeatedly went close after the break, Sordell's header trickling inches wide before Tony Craig deflected his shot behind minutes later.

Superb play from Steve Morison on 71 minutes, skinning Jordan Turnbull before setting up O'Brien from close range, set up a grandstand finish.

Substitute Jodi Jones' free-kick forced a quality save from Jordan Archer, while Morison headed narrowly wide.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.

Northampton Town 2-0 Walsall

Northampton secured back-to-back wins by beating Walsall at a rain-sodden Sixfields, extending their unbeaten league run to 31 games.

Both sides had early chances in a bright start to the game as Northampton's Kenji Gorre spooned over and Amadou Bakayoko forced home goalkeeper Adam Smith into a fine save.

The breakthrough arrived on 24 minutes when Harry Beautyman delivered a pinpoint cross which Matty Taylor expertly guided into the far corner.

Beautyman twice went close to adding an immediate second, sending a low effort whistling wide and then shooting straight at Saddlers goalkeeper Neil Etheridge.

For Walsall, Kieron Morris screwed a long-range attempt wide and Scott Laird spurned a glorious chance to level when side-footing wide.

Etheridge brilliantly denied Alex Revell on two occasions in the second-half.

But he could do nothing about Northampton's killer second goal which came on 78 minutes when Revell confidently rolled home a penalty after Jason McCarthy had handled inside the area.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.

Oldham Athletic 0-0 Chesterfield

Chesterfield halted a run of three straight League One defeats with a point at Oldham.

The stalemate was Oldham's third goalless draw in four home league games this season.

Oldham almost made a 10th-minute breakthrough when Billy McKay's powerful drive was smartly beaten out by goalkeeper Ryan Fulton.

Lee Erwin was also denied by Fulton while, at the other end, Oldham shot-stopper Connor Ripley saved low from Ched Evans after the striker led a quick counter-attack.

The lively Evans again tested Ripley by producing a clever flick to redirect Dan Gardner's miscued shot.

But Oldham came closest to a goal in the 52nd minute when Ripley's clearance was brought down by McKay, whose 12-yard shot hit the outside of the post.

On the hour mark, home substitute Lee Croft marked his introduction with a bending long-range effort which Fulton tipped out at full stretch.

More fine goalkeeping preserved the deadlock as Chesterfield winger Gboly Ariyibi saw his angled volley brilliantly saved by Ripley.

When Ripley was beaten after 77 minutes, Latics captain Peter Clarke rescued his team with a last-ditch clearance from Ariyibi.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.

Oxford United 2-0 Swindon

Chris Maguire struck twice as Oxford continued their recent local derby success against nine-man Swindon with victory at the Kassam Stadium.

The victory was United's sixth in a row over their arch-rivals, who had Lloyd Jones and Lawrence Vigouroux sent off in the second half.

Maguire converted from the penalty spot in the 44th minute after Liam Sercombe was tripped by Nathan Thompson.

Referee Stuart Attwell at first awarded a free-kick on the edge of the area, but changed it to a spot-kick on the advice of his assistant and Maguire despatched the penalty into the top right of the goal.

He scored again in the 61st minute, skilfully blocking a clearance from goalkeeper Vigouroux to send the ball flying into the net.

Swindon's miserable afternoon was completed by Jones seeing red for a second yellow card in the 65th minute, following a foul on Maguire, who was at the centre of everything.

And in stoppage time, goalkeeper Vigouroux was also shown his marching orders, for retaliating against Alex MacDonald.

In the first half, Maguire fired over when free on the right, and then saw a 20-yard drive pushed over the bar by Vigouroux.

Town's only opportunity before the break was a glancing header wide by Luke Norris, and late on Simon Eastwood saved superbly from the striker's shot.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.

Peterborough 2-2 Port Vale

Port Vale snatched a dramatic stoppage-time equaliser as they drew with 10-man Peterborough.

Alex Jones struck his fourth goal of the season from the penalty spot to haul the Valiants level at the ABAX Stadium after Posh had defender Andrew Hughes dismissed for deliberate handball by referee Graham Horwood.

Jones had earlier opened the scoring in the sixth minute, firing home on the half-volley after Remie Streete nodded Ben Purkiss' right-wing delivery into his path.

Posh's response was impressive and almost immediate as Marcus Maddison picked out George Moncur to fire his first Posh goal just eight minutes into his full debut after arriving on loan from Championship side Barnsley.

The hosts squandered a stack of glorious chances in the second half before Moncur looked like being the matchwinner as he slotted them ahead with six minutes to go after a cross from the left from substitute Paul Taylor broke into his path.

But Posh were denied victory amid the late drama as Hughes saw red and Birmingham loanee Jones kept his cool to convert from the spot and earn Vale their second away point of the season.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.

Scunthorpe 4-0 Southend

Two goals in five minutes late in the first half from strikers Paddy Madden and Kevin van Veen put second-placed Scunthorpe on course for a convincing victory over Southend.

The first, in the 36th minute, was a personal triumph for last season's leading marksman Madden who made an instant impact on his first league appearance of this campaign following a calf injury.

As Duane Holmes delivered a low cross into the box from the right, Madden popped up to fire a first-time right-footed shot past goalkeeper Ted Smith.

Scunthorpe quickly struck again in the 41st minute when, from a short corner on the right, Josh Morris guided a cross to the near post where Van Veen steered a shot into the far corner for his sixth goal of the season.

Southend boss Phil Brown reacted at half-time with a triple substitution, taking off defenders Harry Kyprianou and Jakub Sokolik and midfielder Adam King and replacing them with Ben Coker, Stephen McLaughlin and Jermaine McGlashan.

Briefly, it gave the visitors more impetus, but it was Scunthorpe who retained their attacking quality.

They made it 3-0 in the 57th minute when winger Morris, the League One player of the month for August, lashed a delightful 20-yard left-footed shot beyond the reach of Smith for his seventh goal of the season.

Madden had the ball in the net again only to be ruled offside and winger Holmes might twice have done better with chances from close range as Southend struggled to stem the flow of a confident Scunthorpe side.

Substitute Richie Smallwood, a deadline-day signing on loan from Rotherham, then sealed the victory with a cracking right-footed volley from inside the box on his debut.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.