Saturday's National League reports

Aldershot Town 3-1 Tranmere Rovers

Tranmere Rovers saw their unbeaten start to the season end at Aldershot.

The hosts, themselves looking to keep up pressure at the top, took the lead just three minutes in when Bernard Mensah came out best in a scramble six yards out after Cheye Alexander's cross.

Tranmere levelled on 37 minutes as Andy Cook headed in James Norwood's cross for his fourth goal of the season.

But the Merseysiders were stunned on 77 minutes when Scott Rendall calmly stroked home from the penalty spot following a foul on Iffy Allen, before a superb Will Evans volley made sure of the points five minutes later.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Barrow 1-1 Bromley

Blair Turgott's late strike was enough for Bromley to secure a draw at Barrow.

After a positive start, Barrow took the lead through Byron Harrison, who fired past Bromley goalkeeper Alan Julian after 12 minutes.

The hosts who nearly grabbed a second after the restart, with Richie Bennett failing to hit the target from inside the area.

But they were eventually rewarded with five minutes to go as Turgott struck with the hosts' stopper Joel Dixon unable to deny him.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Chester FC 1-2 Forest Green Rovers

Forest Green went top of the National League following a 2-1 win at struggling Chester.

Rovers went ahead on 24 minutes through midfielder Liam Noble, whose free-kick from the wing went all the way in for his first goal for the club.

Darren Carter doubled the lead when his left-footed strike left Chester goalkeeper Jon Worsnop helpless, giving the visitors much needed breathing space.

Chester pulled a goal back when Elliot Durrell finished from Jordan Chappell's through-ball with 11 minutes remaining, but it was not enough as Rovers overhauled Tranmere at the summit.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Dagenham & Redbridge 0-2 Boreham Wood

Dagenham & Redbridge were shocked at home as goals from Morgan Ferrier and Kenny Davis helped Boreham Wood to victory.

The Daggers started with intent, with striker Fejiri Okenabirhie going close twice early on, but it was not a sign of things to come.

Wood took the lead four minutes after the break when strikers Angelo Balanta and Ferrier combined for the latter's second goal of the season.

Midfielder Davis then made sure of the points in stoppage time with a superb curling effort past Elliot Justham.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Eastleigh 2-0 North Ferriby United

Eastleigh turned on the style as they beat newly-promoted North Ferriby 2-0 to secure their third straight league win.

Midfielder Andy Drury scored his third goal of the season in the third minute to give Eastleigh a flying start and former Sheffield Wednesday defender Reda Johnson headed home a second after the break.

Drury struck from close range after great footwork out wide and an inch-perfect cross from winger Adam Dawson.

Some last-ditch defending soon after from North Ferriby defender Mark Gray denied Eastleigh's Mikael Mandron from adding another.

Jake Howells' 23rd-minute shot was brilliantly saved by the visitors' on-loan Hull goalkeeper Rory Watson, while North Ferriby's best first-half chance fell to Simon Russell, whose half-volley just before the break flew inches over the crossbar.

Johnson powered home Howells' corner to make it 2-0 before the home side soaked up late pressure to keep a clean sheet.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Gateshead 1-0 Sutton United

Debutant Rhys Oates came off the bench to score Gateshead's winning goal in their National League victory over Sutton.

The London club looked most likely to score with centre-back Kevin Amankwaah having the best chances as he head the ball wide in the 19th minute and again two minutes after half-time.

Promoted Sutton should have taken the lead in the 56th minute as Bedsente Gomis found himself alone in front of the hosts' goal but lost control of the ball.

Paul Doswell's men were punished for wasting that opportunity when Hartlepool loanee Oates slotted home five minutes after coming on.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Guiseley 0-0 Braintree Town

Bottom-of-the-table Guiseley claimed their first point of the National League season by holding Braintree to a goalless draw at Nethermoor Park.

The West Yorkshire club prop up the fledgling table having lost all seven of their opening games but they showed signs of progress on a rain-sodden pitch.

In the 36th minute, striker Jordan Preston hit the post after good work from Adam Boyes and Oli Johnson, while Luke Porritt smashed the ball just over the visitors' crossbar midway through the second half.

Chez Isaac threatened to grab a late winner for Braintree, who reached the play-offs last season, but his swerving shot missed the target nine minutes from the end.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Macclesfield Town 3-1 Woking

Macclesfield continued their ascent of the National League table by beating strugglers Woking at the Moss Rose.

Danny Whittaker gave the hosts the lead in the 28th minute and nine minutes before half-time Danny Rowe doubled their lead as Woking were hit on the counter-attack.

Just before the hour Dennon Lewis drove home the Cards' response with his long-range finish following a corner.

Chris Holroyd sealed all three points for John Askey's side in stoppage time as Macclesfield moved up to fifth place.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Maidstone United 2-2 Wrexham

Maidstone United snatched a draw against Wrexham thanks to substitute Liam Enver-Marum.

Enver-Marum was on hand to make Wrexham pay for a defensive error after the Dragons had seized control.

Two goals either side of half time from Callum Powell gave Gary Mills' side the advantage.

Maidstone scored the opener through Ben Greenhalgh's freekick but Wrexham were able to avoid a third successive away defeat in the National League.

Southport 0-1 Dover Athletic

Dover ended a two-game losing streak with a hard-fought win at National League rivals Southport.

The game was only three minutes old when Ricky Modeste surged into the penalty area and fired a superb effort into the top-right corner.

The visitors had a goal disallowed in the 20th minute for an apparent foul on the goalkeeper, and it was Southport's turn to have an effort chalked off for offside in the 38th minute when John Cofie backheeled the ball into the net.

Modeste should have closed out the game in the second half when he failed to hit the target with just Ryan Crump to beat, but Dover held on to claim all three points.

Report supplied by the Press Association

York City 4-0 Solihull Moors

Aidan Connolly scored an impressive brace as York bounced back from last week's defeat to Wrexham with an emphatic 4-0 victory over National League opponents Solihull at Bootham Crescent.

The Minstermen opened the scoring in the ninth minute when Richard Brodie directed his header home from Connolly's corner.

But they had to wait until the 84th minute to double their lead, Connolly drilling an effort into the far corner.

Scott Fenwick added a third in the 89th minute, converting Kaine Felix's cross from the right, and there was still time for Connolly to score his second of the day after rounding the goalkeeper.

Report supplied by the Press Association

Torquay United 1-2 Lincoln City

Matt Rhead scored in the opening and closing minutes to secure victory for Lincoln City at Torquay United.

The forward converted a second-minute penalty after Sam Habergham was brought down by Giancarlo Gallifuoco.

The Australian defender made amends when he guided in a 21st-minute header from a corner off Luke Waterfall.

But Rhead was able rise highest and head home substitute Terry Hawkridge's cross in the 93rd minute to secure his sixth goal of the season.

The win was Lincoln's fourth consecutive victory, the first time the club have achieved such a feat in six seasons.

Lincoln move up to third in the National league, while the Gulls slip to 16th place.