Scottish League Two: Forfar go four points clear at top

Arbroath striker Bobby Linn
Bobby Linn's hat-trick helped lift Arbroath into second place in League Two

Forfar Athletic maintained their 100% start to the Scottish League Two season as Arbroath and Clyde moved in behind after winning eight-goal thrillers.

Elgin City arrived at Station Park hoping to leapfrog the Loons at the top, but Forfar came back twice from behind before winning 3-2.

Arbroath also came from behind against Stirling Albion before a Bobby Linn hat-trick helped them to a 5-3 win.

Clyde are third top after the same scoreline against Cowdenbeath.

Chris McLeish scored from his own half to give Elgin the lead in Forfar, but Thomas O'Brien fired the home side level.

Another McLeish strike restored the lead, but Josh Peters levelled once more before O'Brien slotted the winner to give Forfar a fourth straight victory.

Arbroath lie four points behind after a fine display by striker Linn.

There were no goals until the 31st minute, when Josh Skelly scored his second goal in as many games.

Darren Smith's deflected effort levelled and Blair Henderson fired Stirling ahead before Linn turned home his own first of the game.

The striker edged Arbroath ahead from the penalty spot, but Eddie Ferns equalised from close range, but Linn's third and another from Omar Kader secured the win.

There were also goals aplenty at Broadwood, where both Sean Higgins and Chris Smith scored twice for Clyde, who lie a point behind Arbroath.

Smith converted Dylan Easton's cross, but Cowden's Dean Brett replied with a penalty spot following a foul on Gary Glen.

Higgins scored from close range, Brian Ross restored parity, but Craig Sives headed into his own net to give Clyde a 3-2 half-time lead.

Higgins and Smith netted their second goals before an own goal from David Gormley handed the Blue Brazil a late reply.

A second-half brace from Jordyn Sheerin earned Berwick Rangers a 2-1 win that leaves Edinburgh City bottom of the table and still to earn their first point in their first season in the Scottish Professional Football League.

The visitors took the lead through Ouzy See from a corner, but Berwick levelled with 15 minutes remaining when Dean Cummings was penalised for a foul on Steven Notman and Sheerin converted from the spot.

Striker Sheerin hit the winner four minutes later when he fired home from the edge of the box.

Montrose are seeking their first League Two win of the season but at least managed to fight back from two goals down to draw with Annan Athletic.

Darren Ramsey fired the visitors ahead and his corner was driven home by Maxwell Wright to put Annan on the front foot after only seven minutes.

A trialist headed Montrose back into the game after the break and Gary Fraser nodded the equaliser.