Scottish League One: Alloa go clear at top as Livingston lose

Alloa Athletic scorer Calum Waters
Calum Waters scored for Alloa against Albion Rovers

Alloa Athletic moved two points clear at the top of Scottish League One with their eighth straight win as Livingston slipped to their first league defeat.

The two sides started the day level on nine points, but the Wasps won 4-0 away to Albion Rovers as Livi were edged out 1-0 by Queen's Park at Hampden Park.

Brechin City also remain unbeaten and moved into second place after a 2-1 win away to East Fife.

Stranraer gained their first points by beating Peterhead 1-0.

All Alloa's goals came in the second half in Coatbridge as Jordan Kirkpatrick fired into the roof of the net then Calum Waters found the top corner.

Luke Donnelly headed in a Waters cross before defender Michael Dunlop put the ball into his own net to extend their unbeaten run in cup and league.

Aiden Malone bundled home Queen's Park's winner from a 25th-minute corner against Livingston.

Brechin continued their fine start to the season, with Ross Caldwell giving them the lead from close range.

Scott Robinson fired East Fife level, but Finn Graham found the top corner five minutes after the break.

Stranraer climbed off the foot of the table with a narrow win over Peterhead, who like themselves were involved in last season's promotion play-offs.

Mark McGuigan's angled finish after 26 minutes was enough for the Blues, who conceded 11 goals in their first three matches but held out for a clean sheet.

However, they had man-of-the-match Cameron Belford to thank as the goalkeeper's string of saves ensured that Peterhead replace them at the bottom.

Stenhousemuir also picked up their first point after a thrilling 2-2 draw with Airdrieonians despite finishing the game with 10 men.

Colin McMenamin headed the hosts into the lead, but Iain Russell equalised with a penalty shortly after half-time following a foul on strike partner Andy Ryan.

Adam Brown converted after Russell's effort was well saved after 64 minutes, but Fraser Kerr blasted an equaliser three minutes from time.

Kerr was sent off in the fourth minute of stoppage time for two quick bookings.