Saturday's League One reports

Bradford City 1-1 Oldham Athletic

Bradford City's three-match winning run came to an end as they were held to a draw by Oldham Athletic at Valley Parade despite dominating the game.

Oldham went in front in the fifth minute when Marc Klok delivered a free-kick from the right to the far post, where unchallenged defender Peter Clarke scored with a downward header.

Bradford dominated the rest of the opening period as the visitors' defence survived a series of narrow escapes.

Keeper Connor Ripley made a brilliant one-handed save to deny winger Mark Marshall, Timothee Dieng and Josh Cullen both had shots deflected for corners, and Billy Clarke missed a good chance when he turned James Meredith's cross wide.

Oldham somehow held their lead until half-time, but Bradford deservedly equalised after 57 minutes when Ousmane Fane dragged Cullen to the ground and Clarke scored from the spot.

Bradford continued to dominate, but could not turn possession into goals as Oldham's defence held firm.

Charlton Athletic 1-1 Bolton Wanderers

Bolton's 100 per cent start to the season came to an end as a 90th-minute stunner from Ademola Lookman earned Charlton a point.

The 18-year-old forward came off the bench to strike the ball past Trotters keeper Mark Howard from 20 yards.

And another Charlton sub Brandon Hanlan could have won it right at the death, but his header hit the side-netting.

Bolton had taken the lead through Gary Madine in the 53rd minute after good work from Liam Trotter on the wing.

The late equaliser will disappoint Bolton boss Phil Parkinson, who was making his first return to the Valley since being sacked by Charlton in 2011.

Both sides could have gone into the break a goal up with Charlton's Jason Pearce heading wide from a free-kick, and David Wheater seeing his effort cleared off the line and onto the crossbar.

There was a lengthy stoppage of play at the start of the second-half as Bolton's Mark Davies was stretchered off after landing awkwardly when making a tackle.

Despite the late setback, Bolton remain unbeaten in the league and stay top of League One.

Chesterfield 1-3 Millwall

A first-half double from Steve Morison inspired Millwall to victory at Chesterfield, who were beaten at home for the first time this season.

Morison pounced after Shane Ferguson opened the scoring and although Sam Hird pulled one back in the second half, it was too late to rescue the Spireites.

Both teams could have scored in the first 90 seconds with Shaun Williams striking the bar from the edge of the area before Jordan Archer saved from Gboly Ariyibi.

Millwall found the net in the 13th minute when an excellent move started by Williams was finished by Ferguson, who fired low past Ryan Fulton from 15 yards.

Morison put the visitors in control with two goals in the space of four minutes, the first a sharp finish in the 38th minute from just inside the area and the second a precise lob over Fulton from 30 yards.

Chesterfield reduced the arrears in the 65th minute when Hird headed in a free-kick but Millwall held on for a well deserved three points.

Coventry City 1-1 Northampton Town

Veteran Marcus Tudgay struck to earn Coventry a draw with former hosts Northampton at Sixfields.

The Cobblers - who allowed Coventry to groundshare for a season two years ago - looked as if they were destined to take their first Sky Bet League One win of the season when Harry Beautyman put them in front on the half hour.

Beautyman started the move in midfield and was in the area to turn home Matty Taylor's shot.

Coventry, also without a victory, only had themselves to blame after failing to convert pressure into goals.

But the introduction of Jodi Jones from the bench turned the game back in their favour and the youngster's left-foot cross in the 63rd minute set up Tudgay to put the home team back on level terms.

The winger could easily have won the game when his volley was well saved by keeper Adam Smith.

MK Dons 0-2 Peterborough United

Michael Bostwick's second-half strike secured a comfortable win for Peterborough over MK Dons.

Andrew Hughes, who opened the scoring early on, and Bostwick both netted their first goals of the season as Posh leapfrogged their opponents in the League One table.

The visitors took little more than a minute to record the game's opener after Marcus Maddison's free-kick found Hughes unmarked at the front post - the former Newport defender poking the visitors ahead from inside the six-yard box with a well-taken volley.

It took Karl Robinson's side almost 30 minutes to record their first meaningful chance through Daniel Powell.

Nicky Maynard had found himself through on goal before slotting the ball across the box for the winger but the 25-year-old's shot was superbly saved by veteran Posh keeper Mark Tyler.

Grant McCann's side then snatched a second after 71 minutes despite a brief second-half revival from the hosts.

Maddison again turned provider from a free-kick as the leaping Bostwick headed past Dons goalkeeper David Martin from inside the box.

Port Vale 3-1 Scunthorpe United

Alex Jones' brace helped Port Vale to a home win over 10-man Scunthorpe United.

The Valiants maintained their 100 per cent home record - and handed the Iron their first defeat of the campaign - with goals from Anton Forrester and Jones, either side of a Josh Morris free-kick.

United's Jordan Clarke was dismissed after picking up his second yellow card in the 55th minute, with boss Graham Alexander sent to the stands in the immediate aftermath.

The home side had the better of the first-half and went ahead in the 33rd minute when Sam Foley received the ball from Kjell Knops and played in Forrester who curled the ball past Luke Daniels.

Morris levelled for Scunthorpe two minutes into first-half injury time when the linesman adjudged his free-kick from the right had crossed the line after evading a host of bodies in the Vale box.

But Jones, on his first start for Vale, secured the points - volleying in Jerome Thomas' deep cross on 49 minutes, before capping a fine display by slotting home Foley's through ball five minutes from time.

Rochdale 1-1 AFC Wimbledon

An own goal from goalkeeper Ryan Clarke in the 95th minute denied Neal Ardley's AFC Wimbledon their first win of the season as Rochdale earned a share of the spoils at the Crown Oil Arena.

Andy Barcham's first-half header looked as though it would be enough for the Dons to lift themselves out of the bottom four, but Clarke punched Jamie Allen's corner into his own net to leave the visitors bottom of League One.

The Dons were ahead 12 minutes into the game, the goal emanating from a Rochdale attack.

Donal McDermott's corner was inadvertantly sent back to the set-piece taker by Matt Lund and when McDermott attempted to beat Chris Whelpdale he was dispossessed deep in Wimbledon territory.

Whelpdale raced the length of the field down the right before clipping a cross into the centre for Barcham to head past Conrad Logan.

Dale pushed hard for an equaliser after the break with Jamie Allen smashing a shot against the crossbar and Clarke denying Calvin Andrew on two occasions.

The home side's task was made more difficult when Callum Camps was sent off for a second bookable offence, but Clarke's good work was undone when he diverted Allen's corner deep into time added on into his own net.

Sheffield United 2-1 Oxford United

Sheffield United got their first win of the season as goals from Billy Sharp and James Wilson cancelled out a Kane Hemmings opener to give them victory over Oxford United.

Oxford took the lead through Hemmings in the 16th minute after United keeper Simon Moore could only parry a long-range Liam Sercombe into the path of the onrushing striker.

United looked for a reply and Kieron Freeman was unlucky to see his effort deflect over the bar after a mazy run and pass by Mark Duffy.

Matt Done then had a low drive from inside the area pushed away by a strong Simon Eastwood hand.

In the 52nd minute, a first-time effort from John Lundstram from the edge of the box was parried away by Moore after a clever free-kick routine by the visitors.

United equalised in the 65th minute as Sharp buried a Matt Done cross from close range.

And the home side then took the lead as an in-swinging free-kick by Duffy was headed in by Wilson with 17 minutes remaining.

Shrewsbury Town 2-3 Gillingham

Gillingham stormed back from 2-0 down at the break to seal a dramatic League One win at Shrewsbury with a stoppage-time goal from Max Ehmer.

The home side were in the driving seat at the halfway stage thanks to a brace from Louis Dodds before Jay Emmanuel-Thomas began the Gills revival by also scoring twice.

Shrewsbury took the lead with a fine goal from Dodds in the 17th minute. He latched onto a lay-off from Ivan Toney and curled a shot from 20 yards into the top corner of the net.

Dodds, a summer signing from Port Vale, doubled his tally after 30 minutes, drilling in a low effort from 15 yards at the second attempt, after excellent approach play from left-back Junior Brown created the opportunity.

It might have been 4-0 by half time but Gills keeper Jonathan Bond, making his debut on loan from Reading, made two excellent saves, tipping a header from Toney over the bar before doing well to block a close-range shot from the dangerous Dodds.

Gills cut the arrears in the 59th minute when Emmanuel-Thomas headed in a cross from the right from sub Bradley Dack.

Emmanuel-Thomas then pulled the visitors level with a stunning 30-yard shot into the top corner of the net after 73 minutes.

Shrewsbury sub AJ Leitch-Smith might have won it in stoppage time when he was denied by Bond with just the keeper to beat.

Gillingham then went up the other end to grab maximum points when Dack's corner fell the way of defender Ehmer and his low shot from 10 yards found its way in.

Southend United 0-2 Fleetwood Town

Fleetwood recorded their first victory against Southend as goals from Chris Long and Ashley Hunter handed Uwe Rosler's side a straightforward win.

Fleetwood, who had not beaten the Shrimpers in six previous attempts, were largely untroubled by their hosts and should have won by a more comfortable margin.

Town broke the deadlock in the 18th minute when Long collected Amari'i Bell's pass forward and drilled a low, 25-yard shot into the bottom-left-hand corner of the net.

Eggert Jonsson's header from a corner was then headed off the goal-line by Southend full-back Jason Demetriou before Nathan Pond headed another corner just inches wide of the left post.

After the break, the lively Devante Cole fired inches over from 20 yards after robbing Ben Coker of the ball before the striker saw another effort parried away by Southend goalkeeper Mark Oxley.

Hunter's goalbound effort was cleared to safety by Coker but Fleetwood sealed a comfortable win in the 77th minute when Hunter netted from a narrow angle after being played the ball by James Ryan.

Swindon Town A-A Bristol Rovers

Referee Oliver Langford was forced to call off Swindon's home game with Bristol Rovers due to adverse weather conditions.

The pitch was deemed to be unplayable in the 60th minute, with the game goalless, after the pitch became severely waterlogged.

Langford conducted a pitch inspection 20 minutes after taking the two sides off and, with the rain still pouring down, he called the game off.

Defender James Sendells-White headed against the woodwork for the hosts early on and Chris Lines sent an acrobatic effort wide for Rovers.

Yaser Kasim and Luke Norris both saw efforts saved by Kelle Roos, leaving it goalless when torrential rain intervened.

Walsall 3-3 Bury

Bury produced an amazing comeback from three goals down at half-time to earn a point in a thriller at Walsall.

Walsall led on six minutes as Erhun Oztumer and Andreas Makris combined to tee up Kieron Morris to drill home from 10 yards.

The Saddlers doubled their lead after 14 minutes as Oztumer pounced on an error from Shakers defender Leon Barnett to fizz a 25-yarder into the bottom corner.

It was 3-0 on 32 minutes as Simeon Jackson stole in at the near post to poke Makris' cross past Ben Williams from close range.

Walsall could have been out of sight by the break but Williams twice foiled Jackson one-on-one - and Bury were back in it with two goals in the first five minutes of the second half.

Barnett drilled home a 47th-minute corner from 10 yards and then nodded down a high ball for new signing James Vaughan to make it 3-2 from similar range two minutes later.

Danny Mayor lashed home Bury's leveller from 15 yards on 66 minutes - and the Shakers could have won it two minutes later but Vaughan's half-volley flashed inches over.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.