Saturday's League Two reports

Accrington Stanley 1-2 Exeter City

Jake Taylor earned Exeter their first points of the season after three goals in six second-half minutes brought the game to life in a 2-1 win over Accrington.

Ryan Harley's 25-yard thunderbolt after 66 minutes gave the Grecians the lead before former Exeter player Arron Davies levelled for Stanley four minutes later.

Taylor then volleyed home the winner to lift Exeter off the bottom of the fledgling table.

Stanley only had themselves to blame as they spurned the best first-half chances.

Sean McConville forced goalkeeper Bobby Olejnik into a two-handed save, Jordan Clark curled a shot narrowly wide while Seamus Conneely headed inches over the crossbar just before the half-hour mark.

Accrington came close again after 44 minutes when Davies had a shot cleared off the line by Craig Woodman, then Blackburn loanee John O'Sullivan saw his fierce strike held by Olejnik at the second attempt just before half-time.

Exeter came out stronger after the break and the game erupted in the 66th minute when Harley got the ball from Ollie Watkins 25 yards out and unleashed a fierce strike which goalkeeper Aaron Chapman could do nothing about.

It was all-square after 70 minutes when Janoi Donacien found Davies on the edge of the area and he fired the ball low and hard into the net against his former club.

But Stanley only held onto their lead for two minutes as Robbie Simpson laid the ball off for Taylor to volley home the winner.

Blackpool 0-0 Wycombe Wanderers

Blackpool and Wycombe played out a goalless draw at Bloomfield Road, with the visitors having goalkeeper Jamal Blackman to thank for a string of late saves.

The Seasiders' Andy Taylor came close to the opening goal after five minutes, curling just over from 20 yards.

Wycombe were denied by the woodwork in the 25th minute as Michael Harriman's looping 20-yard strike came back off the crossbar.

Harriman came close again nine minutes later but sent a header straight at goalkeeper Sam Slocombe, while at the other end Brad Potts met Mark Cullen's cross but nodded wide from three yards.

Wycombe started the second half on the front foot as Adebayo Akinfenwa brought the ball down and unleashed a powerful 25-yard strike which was inches over the bar.

On the hour mark, a cleverly-worked low corner created a chance for Blackpool but Potts fired over from eight yards.

The hosts almost snatched a winner in the 81st minute, forcing Blackman to produce a fingertip save to deny Cullen from 12 yards before the on-loan Chelsea youngster pushed Jim McAlister's 25-yard strike wide.

Cambridge United 2-2 Carlisle United

Cambridge United slipped to the foot of the early League Two table after a draw with Carlisle, which leaves them without a league win.

The U's were in front after only seven minutes when Leon Legge headed home from Piero Mingoia's corner, before Carlisle struck back after 23 minutes through Jason Kennedy's header from Macaulay Gillesphey's free-kick.

Cambridge were ahead at half-time against the run of play through Luke Berry, who was fouled in the box by Danny Grainger and stepped up himself to send Mark Gillespie the wrong way from the penalty spot.

Berry had earlier fired wastefully over after good work by Joe Pigott.

Keith Curle's visitors drew level for a second time 14 minutes into the second half, Charlie Wyke turning home Nicky Adams' cross from the left having only come on as a substitute four minutes previously.

It was Carlisle who threatened to go on and win the game, with Josh Coulson's fine block denying Mike Jones and goalkeeper Will Norris parrying Jamie Devitt's effort before Jabo Ibehre headed over the rebound.

Cheltenham Town 0-1 Doncaster Rovers

John Marquis scored his second goal in as many games to earn Doncaster a victory at Cheltenham, where he was once on loan.

The former Millwall man struck in the 53rd minute after James Coppinger's pass and it was enough to earn Darren Ferguson's men their second win of the campaign.

Doncaster dominated most of the first half with Andy Williams forcing a fine save from on-loan Everton goalkeeper Russell Griffiths in the 16th minute.

Cheltenham relied heavily on counter-attacks, with Harry Pell setting up James Dayton for a chance which he curled just wide and Billy Waters forcing Marko Marosi into an one-handed stop before the break.

Cheltenham improved in the second half, bidding to protect an unbeaten home record stretching back to last September when they were beaten 1-0 by Tranmere in the National League.

Koby Arthur saw a shot blocked on the edge of the box and the on-loan Birmingham forward also sliced a shot wide of the near post - but Cheltenham are still waiting for their first win since returning to the EFL.

Crawley Town 1-1 Barnet

Defender Joe McNerney hit a second-half equaliser as Crawley maintained their unbeaten record in League Two with a battling home draw against Barnet.

Undefeated Barnet took an early lead through former Crawley striker John Akinde, who also went close on four other occasions in the first half.

Akinde, who bagged 24 goals in 48 appearances last season, took only three minutes to make his mark.

Sam Togwell set up Akinde with a headed pass and he outpaced defender Alex Davey before smashing the ball home.

Akinde then had a goalbound shot parried by goalkeeper Yusuf Mersin, before heading inches wide from a corner by Ryan Watson.

Crawley awoke from their slumbers when midfielder Josh Payne had a 25-yard shot pushed around the post by keeper Josh Vickers.

Akinde, who scored twice against his former club in Barnet's 3-0 win at Crawley in the final game of last season, went close again when he rolled the ball inches wide from a tight angle.

Keeper Mersin parried another goal attempt from Akinde just before the break after a strong run from Alex Nicholls.

Barnet keeper Vickers saved well from Davey and captain Jimmy Smith before defender McNerney levelled midway through the second half from point-blank range, after a shot from James Collins came back off the crossbar.

McNerney was later well placed at the other end to block a goalbound shot from substitute Mauro Vilhete.

Grimsby Town 1-2 Leyton Orient

Two second-half goals were enough for Leyton Orient to consign Grimsby to their third straight defeat in League Two.

Liam Kelly - after a mistake from Town keeper James McKeown - and Ollie Palmer, against his former club, ensured Andy Hessenthaler's men took all three points having been second-best for much of the first half.

Grimsby's Omar Bogle went the closest to breaking the deadlock with a fine strike that Alex Cisak tipped away while Craig Disley had a penalty shout turned down.

But Town could not make the most of their first-half dominance and they were made to pay a minute short of the hour mark when McKeown spilled a low cross at the feet of Kelly, who duly prodded home.

The opener rocked the hosts and they fell further behind when a slip from the otherwise excellent Shaun Pearson allowed substitute Palmer to race through and slot home.

Second-half replacement Dominic Vose did pull one back in stoppage time when his deflected strike looped over Cisak, but Orient saw the game out to take all three points.

Hartlepool United 1-2 Notts County

Jon Stead struck the winner as Notts County came from behind to earn victory at Hartlepool United in League Two.

Stead curled home with 14 minutes remaining to cap a fine comeback at the Northern Gas and Power Stadium after Louis Lang cancelled out Toto Nsiala's opener.

Hartlepool flew out of the blocks and took an eighth-minute lead when Nsiala bundled home at the back post after Lewis Alessandra beat his man and sent in a pin-point cross.

There was plenty more action in an entertaining opening period, Stead and Matthew Bates hitting the woodwork at either end.

The former struck the post again early in the second half, before Lang capitalised on Pools' defence switching off by slotting a deserved equaliser into an empty net.

Stead would eventually produce the decisive moment, turning coolly in the area and sending a left-footed strike beyond Trevor Carson.

Pools pressed for a leveller to preserve an unbeaten league start, but their efforts proved in vain as the Magpies collected a first win of the campaign.

Newport County 1-1 Crewe Alexandra

Newport rescued a point against Crewe Alexandra thanks to summer signing Sean Rigg.

Rigg headed home Jazzi Barnum-Bobb's cross to earn parity for Warren Feeney's side.

The visitors made a strong start at a sodden Rodney Parade, which hosted a Wales women international on Friday evening.

Chelsea loanee Alex Kiwomya put Crewe ahead in the first period after cutting inside and smashing home.

Marlon Jackson missed a late chance to earn all three points for the hosts.

Plymouth Argyle 2-0 Mansfield Town

Playmaker Graham Carey was back to his imperious, goal-scoring best with a brace as Plymouth Argyle beat Mansfield Town in League Two at Home Park.

The two-goal home hero opened his season's account in the 19th minute direct from a free-kick wide on the right, deftly curling the ball through the visiting defence and into the far corner.

Carey doubled the home advantage six minutes later as he waltzed through the middle of the Stags' defence before clipping the ball past goakeeper Brian Jensen.

It was Jensen who prevented Carey opening his account in the sixth minute with a fingertip save, diving low to his right to keep out the midfielder's measured 15-yard shot.

Mansfield did their best to respond, with Mitchell Rose firing over when well placed on the edge of the box in the 42nd minute after being teed up by Matt Green.

Stags midfielder Chris Clements fired just over as Town made a better start to the second half while Carey sent an effort wide as he sought his hat-trick in the final minute.

Portsmouth 2-0 Colchester United

Gary Roberts' late double finally got Portsmouth's season up and running, as they beat Colchester in League Two at Fratton Park.

Attacking midfielder Roberts picked himself up after he was grounded by substitute Drey Wright and smashed the spot-kick down the middle to open his account for the season.

Soon after the former Chesterfield man clipped the ball over Colchester goalkeeper Sam Walker to end the visitors' unbeaten start to the campaign and get Pompey's first win on the board.

Striker Main, making his first league start since his move from Doncaster, saw his header pawed away before the keeper stuck out an instinctive leg to deny Danny Rose's follow-up.

Carl Baker twisted and turned on the edge of the area to force himself an edge of the box opening, and his stinging strike was fumbled by Walker.

David Forde sprang into action at the other end when Craig Slater thumped a shot towards the bottom corner, the keeper brilliantly palming away.

But just as frustration was hitting the south coast, Roberts blasted his penalty down the middle 10 minutes from the end before making sure of the points four minutes later after latching onto a fine Conor Chaplin through-ball.

Forde produced a double save of his own to deny Chris Porter and Doug Loft a consolation.

Stevenage 2-1 Luton Town

Stevenage came from behind to secure a win over local rivals Luton thanks to Matt Godden's winner in the sixth minute of injury time.

Cameron McGeehan's 15th-minute opener was the first noteworthy chance of the game, and only found its way to goal thanks to a heavy deflection that wrong-footed Stevenage goalkeeper Jamie Jones.

The home side did not trouble the Luton goal in the first half but Hatters duo Jake Gray and Danny Hylton both struck wide as half-time approached.

Stevenage found a way back into the game early in the second half as Godden found Connor Hunte unmarked at the back post and he headed calmly past Christian Walton.

Stephen O'Donnell then rifled the ball off the underside of the crossbar before McGeehan saw his subsequent shot blocked on the line, as the visitors looked for a way back into the match.

After hitting the bar, Luton watched on as Tom Pett broke away and played the ball to Godden who converted to give Boro their first ever home win against Luton.

Yeovil Town 0-1 Morecambe

Kevin Ellison's second-half strike sent Morecambe to the top of the early League Two table as they claimed victory at Yeovil Town.

The 37-year-old winger's neat finish capped off a lovely move from the Shrimps in the 55th minute to continue their impressive start to the season.

Jack Dunn and substitute Lee Molyneux combined well with the latter sending Ellison though on goal and he side-footed past Glovers goalkeeper Artur Krysiak.

Morecambe had their keeper Barry Roche to thank for taking maximum points.

He tipped away a first-half header from Tom Eaves and then pushed a Matty Dolan piledriver onto a post.

In stoppage-time, Roche also pushed wide powerful shots from substitute Tahvon Campbell and a Dolan free-kick from 25 yards.

Ellison nearly helped himself to a brace in the 62nd minute but Krysiak managed to tip his header wide. Molyneux was again the provider, sending a perfect cross to the back post, but the winger failed to convert.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.