Wednesday's League One reports

Bristol Rovers 1-2 Bolton

Recently-relegated Bolton made it maximum points from their first three League One games after inflicting a first home defeat in nine months on Bristol Rovers.

The visitors took a sixth-minute lead when Josh Vela's fierce right-footed shot from the corner of the box took a deflection off Stuart Sinclair to wrong-foot Rovers goalkeeper Steve Mildenhall.

And it was 2-0 after 26 minutes. Tom Lockyer was penalised for a foul 25 yards out and Jay Spearing found the top corner to Mildenhall's right with a sweetly-struck free-kick.

Rovers struggled to create a clear first-half chance, despite some neat approach play. But they got back in the game on 57 minutes when Lee Brown's left-footed free-kick from 20 yards was brilliantly tipped onto a post by Mark Howard, only for Ellis Harrison to fire home the rebound.

Having made three attacking substitutions, two of them at half time, Rovers boss Darrell Clarke saw his team almost snatch a point on 86 minutes when Jermaine Easter fired wide from Billy Bodin's pass.

But they were unable to find an equaliser as they lost at the Memorial Stadium for the first time since being beaten by Stevenage on 24 November 2015.

Fleetwood Town 2-0 Oxford Utd

Two second-half goals were the difference as Fleetwood recorded their first win of the League One season at home to Oxford.

David Ball and Ashley Hunter grabbed the goals to give the hosts the three points with a 2-0 success.

Ten minutes in, Chris Long, signed on loan from Burnley last week, showed impressive skill down the left-hand side, crossing for Devante Cole who could not quite direct his header on target.

The best chance of the half also fell to Fleetwood after 25 minutes, with Oxford goalkeeper Simon Eastwood having to be quick off his line to close down Long before Cole hit the rebound over the bar.

Oxford's best chance of the half came just before half-time, with Liam Sercombe hitting the side-netting after good work down the left.

However, four minutes into the second half, Ball struck for Fleetwood. Picking the ball up just on the edge of the box, he curled a perfectly-placed shot past the outstretched arm of Eastwood and into the top corner.

With 20 minutes to go, substitute Hunter made sure of the victory, running into the box and hitting across the goalkeeper into the bottom corner.

Reports supplied by the Press Association