Tuesday's National League reports

Barrow 3-2 Chester

Barrow survived a Chester fightback to bank a deserved 3-2 win at Holker Street.

The Bluebirds did the damage in the latter stages of the first half, as firstly Ross Hannah capitalised on a poor back-pass by Elliott Durrell and rounded Liam Roberts expertly to put his side in front.

Just two minutes later, Jordan Williams headed in a second after Roberts failed to parry a Liam Hughes shot to safety.

Williams remained "on fire" after the break, cutting inside before unleashing a spectacular third.

Chester unexpectedly rallied midway through the second period and James Akintunde slid in to pull one back after a goalmouth scramble, before three minutes later setting up Theo Vassell to halve the deficit - but Barrow held on for maximum points.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Boreham Wood 0-1 Tranmere Rovers

Tranmere kept their perfect start to the National League intact with a 1-0 win at Boreham Wood.

Connor Jennings illuminated a standard affair after 33 minutes. The striker had a lot to do when he picked up the ball on the edge of the box, but shot the visitors in front with a fierce strike across the diving Grant Smith.

Jennings nearly doubled his side's advantage before the break, but his effort was cleared off the line.

Tranmere's James Norwood was also thwarted on the goal line, and Tranmere deserved the three points.

In the dying moments, the hosts' Conor Clifford was sent off for picking up a second yellow card.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Bromley 2-2 Aldershot Town

Bromley picked up their first point of the season in a pulsating 2-2 draw at home to Aldershot.

The Shots led when Jake Gallagher's cross-shot was prodded in by Scott Rendell.

Summer signing Matt McClure then wound his way past two home defenders, and beat Alan Julian clinically to double the lead with 21 minutes gone.

A relived Bromley finally got their first goal of the season before the break when Joe Anderson centred for Tobi Sho-Silva to head one back.

In the second half, Anderson nearly undid his good work when he headed against his own crossbar from a Jim Kellermann free-kick.

It proved a crucial turn of luck, as substitute Louis Dennis drove past the goalkeeper to level at 2-2 in the 74th minute.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Dagenham & Redbridge 1-0 Lincoln City

Dagenham & Redbridge's positive start to the season continued with a 1-0 win at home to Lincoln.

After an even opening, the hosts took the lead when Oliver Hawkins flicked on a long ball and Luke Guttridge caressed the ball over the onrushing Paul Farman.

Adam Marriott tried to respond for the Imps in the second half, but shot just wide.

Lincoln boss Danny Cowley was left to rue a big miss for his side 15 minutes from time. Jack Muldoon and substitute Harry Anderson delivered the ball to Jonny Margetts, who lashed over when well-placed from 12 yards.

The Daggers were content to hold on and see out a third win in four to start the campaign.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Eastleigh 4-2 Dover Athletic

An incredibly eventful last 10 minutes saw Dover secure a 4-2 win at Eastleigh.

After a goalless first half, Ryan Huddart's own-goal gave Dover the lead on 52 minutes, before Ross Lafayette doubled the advantage against his former club on the hour-mark.

Ryan Bird pulled one back for the Spitfires on 81 minutes, but that was just the start of the late action. Five minutes later, it looked like the hosts had rescued an unlikely point when Andy Drury poked home the rebound following Adam Dugdale's long-range effort.

Just a minute later the game turned again thanks to Jim Stevenson's strike, and there was still time for Dover striker Ricky Miller to make sure of the win.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Gateshead 6-1 York City

A brace by Ryan Bowman helped Gateshead to an emphatic 6-1 win over newly-relegated York in the National League.

Gateshead grabbed an early lead after Bowman's poacher's finish.

But the visitors were level on the stroke of half-time, when Richard Brodie scored from the penalty spot after Kaine Felix was fouled in the area by Jamal Fyfield.

Heed regained the lead just after the break through Danny Johnson, before Bowman netted his second after 56 minutes with a fine finish, latching onto James Bolton's flick on.

Substitute Toby Ajala slid home after 74 minutes before Fyfield and Sam Jones joined the rout to secure the points.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Macclesfield Town 3-1 Southport

Kingsley James' strike on his home debut helped Macclesfield to a comfortable 3-1 win over Southport in the National League.

Nerves were settled for the hosts after five minutes when Danny Whitaker opened the scoring from Danny Rowe's corner, and four minutes later they were celebrating again as Paul Lewis doubled their lead.

James then netted on 25 minutes with a tidy finish from a well-timed pass by skipper Andy Halls before Chris Holroyd shot just wide as the hosts continued to dominate.

With the points all-but secure for Macclesfield, Southport scored a late consolation through Ashley Grimes.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Maidstone United 2-1 Braintree

A first-half brace from Bobby-Joe Taylor earned Maidstone a second win of the season as they beat Braintree 2-1 at home in the National League on Tuesday night.

It was a great start for the hosts as Taylor finished neatly, latching onto a pass from strike partner Ben Greenhalgh after just four minutes.

He grabbed his second on the half-hour mark, providing vital daylight between the sides and settling Maidstone down.

Greenhalgh came close to scoring in the second half but his shot sailed just over the bar before Braintree were reduced to 10 men after Jon Ashton received his marching orders with nine minutes remaining.

The visitors make a mark on the game in stoppage time when Joe Maybanks pulled a goal back but it was not enough for a point.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

North Ferriby United 3-2 Guiseley

Simon Russell's fortuitous late goal clinched North Ferriby a 3-2 win over Yorkshire rivals Guiseley - their first victory in the National League.

Guiseley had fought back from two down to level but in the 88th minute defender Marcus Williams' attempted clearance rebounded off Russell beyond visiting goalkeeper Dan Atkinson.

North Ferriby took advantage of some poor defending to take an eighth-minute lead, with Ryan Kendall firing a cut-back into the top corner.

They doubled their lead in the 21st minute through Danny Emerton, who steered the ball home low after Guiseley's Jake Lawlor had failed to clear.

Guiseley got themselves back into it eight minutes later when Jordan Preston played in Oli Johnson, and the latter coolly lifted the ball over home goalkeeper Rory Watson.

The visitors levelled in the 84th minute when Johnson struck his second, but in a frantic finale North Ferriby, promoted via the National League North play-offs in May, snatched all three points.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Sutton United 2-0 Torquay United

Sutton United registered back-to-back wins as goals from Maxime Biamou and Nick Bailey secured them a 2-0 victory against 10-man Torquay.

Biamou struck in the fourth minute from close range after Torquay had failed to clear a corner and Bailey doubled their advantage when he converted a 55th-minute penalty.

Bailey coolly converted his spot-kick after Sutton forward Biamou had been brought down by Torquay defender Ben Gerring, who was sent off after receiving his second yellow card for the challenge.

Torquay were not without chances, with Nathan Blissett just inches high with his effort from Dan Sparkes' corner just before the break and Brett Williams just failing to latch on to Sparkes' early cross.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Woking 0-1 Forest Green Rovers

A first-half goal from Keanu Marsh-Brown proved enough to give Forest Green Rovers a 1-0 win at Woking.

Rovers started brightly and took the lead after 19 minutes when Marsh-Brown converted a cross by Liam Noble, the midfielder making his debut following suspension after a summer move from Notts County.

Woking tried to force their way back into the match before half-time but forward Zak Ansah saw his effort saved by Sam Russell.

The visitors were forced into a change after 30 minutes when midfielder Rob Sinclair was replaced by Darren Carter and then had a header from Noble ruled out for offside.

Woking defender Jake Caprice fired a long-range effort over before Noble's free-kick was saved and substitute Matt Tubbs was denied a second Rovers goal in stoppage time by another decent stop from Cardinals keeper Michael Poke.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Wrexham 1-0 Solihull Moors

Mark Carrington's late goal secured Wrexham's first home win of the National League season to end Solihull Moors' unbeaten start.

Carrington netted from close range following Sean Newton's cross in the third minute of added time.

John Rooney and Hamza Bencherif had gone close to breaking the deadlock for Wrexham before Carrington's late winner.

Defeat was harsh on Moors, who suffered their first National League defeat following promotion.