Tuesday's League Two reports

Carlisle United 1-1 Cheltenham Town

Substitute Jason Kennedy salvaged Carlisle's unbeaten run with his late equaliser after Harry Pell had given Cheltenham a second-half lead on the break.

The Robins took a defensive pounding but looked to have survived until a long ball hoisted forward was scrambled across the line by Kennedy at the near post.

Before that Carlisle had hit the woodwork three times and missed a host of chances.

Carlisle could so easily have been two up inside the first 10 minutes as Charlie Wyke directed a close-range header straight at goalkeeper Russell Griffiths before Danny Grainger rattled the bar with a 25-yard rocket.

Griffiths needed a second grab at the ball to deal with a skidding Nicky Adams effort before Grainger swung a free-kick just wide of the right-hand post as the pressure intensified.

Next to try his luck was Sean Miller with a brilliant right-footed curler from 20 yards which had Griffiths well beaten as it came back off the far post.

There was a warning for Carlisle when, from a Robins breakaway, Danny Whitehead's cross just eluded the inrushing James Dayton.

Again Carlisle left the back door open as Cheltenham mounted another break in the 57th minute, with Dayton finding Pell to the left of the area and he slipped the ball beyond the diving Mark Gillespie.

There was nearly an own goal as the ball spun off a Town defender and against the bar before Kennedy stepped forward to dramatically grab Carlisle's leveller.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Colchester United 3-2 Grimsby Town

Brennan Dickenson scored twice as Colchester held off a spirited Grimsby fightback to record their second successive win of the season.

Colchester's Luke Prosser hit the bar with a header before creating the hosts' opening goal after 10 minutes, heading the ball into the path of Dickenson, who swept home from inside the area.

Dickenson struck the post two minutes later and after Grimsby's Kayden Jackson curled just wide, Colchester doubled their lead 11 minutes before the break through Kurtis Guthrie, who seized on Sammie Szmodics' assist and fired emphatically past goalkeeper James McKeown.

Colchester made it 3-0 in the 39th minute when Dickenson decisively fired home his second from Drey Wright's low cross.

But Grimsby pulled a goal back three minutes after the break through half-time substitute Craig Disley, heading home Ashley Chambers' cross from close range.

McKeown denied Wright's diving header before Omar Bogle netted in stoppage time for Grimsby with a swerving shot to give the visitors hope, but Craig Slater struck a post for Colchester, who held on for victory.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Crewe Alexandra 3-3 Hartlepool United

Defender Carl Magnay struck twice as Hartlepool hit back with two goals inside four second-half minutes to salvage a point at Crewe.

Chelsea loanee Alex Kiwomya provided the ammunition on his first start as the Railwaymen eased into a 3-1 lead before the hour mark, only to be denied late on.

Captain Billy Paynter blew an early chance to hand Pools the lead when he clipped wide with only goalkeeper Ben Garratt to beat.

George Cooper struck the outside of the post before Kiwomya tore to the byeline and pulled the ball across goal for Chris Dagnall to flick home on 32 minutes.

Carl Magnay hit back with a superb left-footed curling effort into the top corner in the 42nd minute but Crewe were ahead again on the stroke of half-time when Kiwomya showed a neat turn inside the box and finished into the bottom corner.

Crewe appeared set for their second win of the season when Cooper's shot-come-cross deceived Trevor Carson and flew into the far corner in the 56th minute.

But Pools hit back as Padraig Amond lobbed Garratt on 73 minutes before Magnay struck again with a far-post header after Nathan Thomas' free-kick was flicked on.

Ryan Lowe wasted the chance to win it for Crewe, firing wide when through on goal.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Doncaster Rovers 1-0 Cambridge United

Doncaster sealed their first win of the campaign thanks to a 1-0 success over Cambridge.

John Marquis made amends for an early penalty miss by heading the only goal of the game for Rovers.

Victory is just Doncaster's fourth of the calendar year, while Cambridge remain winless this term.

Rovers were given a golden chance to open the scoring after 10 minutes when Marquis was felled in the box by Sean Long. Marquis stepped up to take the spot-kick but saw his blasted effort kept out by the legs of Will Norris.

Doncaster rallied from that setback with Andy Williams, Marquis and Tommy Rowe all kept at bay by the busy Norris.

Cambridge looked toothless in attack but were keeping the shop shut at the back.

Play was halted for around 10 minutes midway through the second half whilst a replacement assistant from the crowd was found.

Rovers responded well despite that needless distraction and after 74 minutes Marquis corrected his earlier mistake when he headed home Matty Blair's precise cross.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Exeter City 0-1 Crawley Town

Exeter City are still searching for their first point of the season as Crawley Town completed the ultimate smash-and-grab at St James' Park.

The home side dominated the first half and went in at the break wondering how they had not gone in front.

Ollie Watkins hit the crossbar with a spectacular overhead kick, while Liam McAlinden spurned the chance to head Exeter in front when he missed a header from Robbie Simpson's header back across goal.

Jason Banton was Crawley's most dangerous player and he curled a shot wide from 20 yards at the beginning of the second half.

Exeter's best chance fell to Watkins after 68 minutes when a partially-cleared cross fell at his feet, but he rushed his finish and screwed his shot high over the bar.

Exeter were beginning to run out of ideas and Crawley hit them on the break with the only goal of the game with six minutes remaining.

Poor defending allowed Josh Yorwerth to walk through the Exeter defence and plant a low shot into the bottom corner from 15 yards.

Lloyd James curled a free-kick over the bar in stoppage time, but that was Exeter's only real effort at goal after Yorwerth's strike.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Leyton Orient 3-0 Stevenage

Gavin Massey's double inspired Leyton Orient to a 3-0 win at home to Stevenage in League Two.

The visitors nearly took the lead after three minutes when Matt Godden lobbed over onrushing O's goalkeeper Alex Cisak, only for Tom Parkes to get back to hook off the line.

It was a let-off for Orient and they made Stevenage pay in the 20th minute when Dean Cox crossed in for Jay Simpson, Jamie Jones saved his effort before Harry Cornick's follow-up header hit the post and eventually fell to Massey, who fired in from six yards.

The game continued to be end-to-end and O's crucially doubled their lead through Cox in the 37th minute. Massey released Cornick down the right and he brilliantly found Cox on the edge of the box, who headed home off the post.

Predictably the pace of the game slowed in the second half, but Orient wrapped up the victory 15 minutes from time when substitute Jordan Bowery crossed in from the right and Massey smashed home his second from close range.

Report supplied by Press Association.

Luton Town 2-1 Newport County

Cameron McGeehan scored two penalties as Luton Town maintained their lead at the top of League Two with a late win over Newport.

McGeehan scored his first penalty after Jamie Turley's foul on Danny Hylton.

Jennison Myrie-Williams levelled for County direct from a corner after substitute Jon Parkin's presence caused problems in the Luton defence.

Johnny Mullins was sent-off for the hosts but McGeehan's stoppage time penalty secured victory.

Darren Jones was punished for his challenge on Pelly Ruddock, a decision which infuriated Newport players and staff.

Mansfield Town 1-0 Yeovil Town

Matt Green's 64th-minute penalty gave 10-man Mansfield an unlikely 1-0 victory over in-form visitors Yeovil.

Stags were a man down for 81 minutes after Danny Rose's early dismissal but won the game from the spot.

Town goalkeeper Artur Krysiak parried a Green shot but was beaten to the rebound by Mitch Rose and brought him down, Green sending him the wrong way with his spot-kick.

Mansfield had started brightly and Chris Clements saw a low shot deflect just wide after three minutes.

But the complexion of the evening changed after just nine minutes when Danny Rose went in two-footed on Otis Khan near the halfway line and out came the red card.

Despite that, Mansfield had the best of the first half and Green hooked a chance over from close range on 13 minutes while Mitch Rose somehow headed over from eight yards from a fine Rhys Bennett cross from the right.

Clements sent another powerful shot into Krysiak's midriff.

Despite some good possession, all the Glovers could muster was two long-range efforts that proved easy for Brian Jensen.

The 10 men took the game to Yeovil after the break, Mitch Rose volleying a long Mal Benning cross wide at the far post, then Adam Chapman forcing the keeper into a save with a swerving shot after robbing Khan before Green's match-winning breakthrough.

Report supplied by Press Association.

Morecambe 2-0 Portsmouth

Portsmouth's poor start to the League Two season continued with a 2-0 defeat at Morecambe.

A first Football League goal for Ryan Edwards and a stunner from Tom Barkhuizen earned the points but the Shrimps had to thank goalkeeper Barry Roche, who kept his side ahead with a string of superb second-half saves to see pre-season favourites Pompey without a win in three league games.

Morecambe started brightly and took the lead on 11 minutes with a rare goal for defender Edwards. His first effort was blocked by a Pompey defender but the ball came back perfectly to him and he lashed a shot from 12 yards past David Forde.

Portsmouth hit back with Carl Baker going close before the home side added a second with a brilliant long-range goal from Barkhuizen.

The striker ran through the middle of the Pompey midfield and let fly with a 25-yarder that flew past Forde and ended up in the top right-hand corner of the net.

Portsmouth began to dominate possession but were restricted to long range efforts with Kyle Bennett twice firing over before Morecambe wasted a glorious chance of a third.

Barkhuizen was again the tormentor as he sped past Enda Stevens but shot into the side netting when he should have done better.

Portsmouth started the second half dominantly with Baker forcing a fine save from Roche with a shot from the edge of the area.

The saves continued with the best being a point blank block to deny Curtis Main, who looked sure to score from six yards.

Gary Roberts and Baker were both denied twice by the Irishman and the Shrimps could have added a third in injury time when Paul Mullin was through on goal only to be denied by Forde.

Report supplied by Press Association.

Notts County 1-2 Plymouth Argyle

Nauris Bulvitis' first goal in English football handed Plymouth their first victory of the season as they ground out a 2-1 win at Notts County to end a three-game losing run.

Jake Jervis had earlier opened Plymouth's account for the season with a clinical strike before veteran striker Jon Stead hauled County level.

But Bulvitis, signed in the summer from Spartaks Jurmala, rose highest to meet Connor Smith's 32nd-minute corner and bag the Pilgrims all three points.

Sonny Bradley came to Plymouth's rescue after 10 minutes when he cleared a Stead shot off the line before Matt Tootle's follow-up was blocked by Oscar Threlkeld.

It was Argyle, through, who opened the scoring five minutes later when Gary Miller intercepted a wayward pass and found Jervis, who drilled a low shot into the bottom corner.

Notts were behind for just three minutes as Stead broke free down the right, cut into the box, beat two players and fired an effort past Luke McCormick.

Home debutant Louis Laing had a shot blocked and headed over, either side of Bradley slicing a clearance against his own woodwork.

Sloppy defending from Notts, though, handed Argyle the initiative once more as Latvian international Bulvitus nodded in Smith's corner.

Jonathan Forte flicked a header just wide early in the second half and Tootle nodded Alex Rodman's cross off target, while in a rare Plymouth attack, Graham Carey's shot was kept out by Adam Collin.

McCormick brilliantly kept out Thierry Audel's shot in injury time as Plymouth hung on to the points.

Report supplied by Press Association.

Wycombe Wanderers 1-1 Accrington Stanley

Adebayo Akinfenwa scored his first Wycombe goal as they battled hard to earn a 1-1 draw with Accrington.

The former AFC Wimbledon striker opened his account in just the fourth minute with a well-timed header from a Joe Jacobson free-kick to set the tone.

Wycombe looked the stronger of the two sides throughout the first half, creating a number of chances, but failed to add to their tally and they were to pay for their wastefulness.

The visitors started like an express train after the break, with Sean McConville firing home the equaliser just minutes after the restart.

Both sides fought valiantly in the second half, showing both attacking flair and defensive solidity.

The best chance to win it fell to Sam Wood, who slammed a 30-yard volley against the crossbar with Stanley keeper Aaron Chapman beaten.

The game closed with multiple chances for both teams but the goalkeepers were found to be in excellent form and were instrumental in keeping the scoreline down.

Report supplied by Press Association.

Barnet 1-1 Blackpool

Barnet snatched a point from the jaws of defeat as they drew 1-1 with a spirited Blackpool side at the Hive.

The home side started with confidence but went behind after 24 minutes when Mark Cullen struck a fine shot past Josh Vickers from the edge of the box.

The Bees responded terrifically, Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro finding Sam Slocombe and then a post between him and the goal.

Alex Nicholls went closest to a first-half equaliser hammering a 20-yard shot against the crossbar with the keeper well beaten.

Barnet boss Martin Allen threw on Luke Gambin after the break and they continued to dominate, effectively playing four across the front.

Brad Potts should have doubled the lead on the hour mark though when clean through but could only hit a post.

Nicholls drew a stunning one-handed save in the last minute of normal time from Slocombe but John Akinde delighted the home support with a volley from close range in the fourth minute of injury time to break Blackpool's epic resistance.

Report supplied by Press Association.