Swansea City boss Francesco Guidolin 'proud' of survival
Francesco Guidolin says he is proud to have led Swansea City to Premier League safety.
The Swans beat Liverpool 3-1 on Sunday to mathematically secure their place in the top flight for a sixth season.
With Swansea two points above the relegation zone when he was appointed in January, Guidolin has steered the club to 13th place.
"I am happy we are safe. We were safe three weeks ago but not mathematically," he said.
"To have 40 points with five games to go was important, now we have 43 so this is not the worst season Swansea have had in the Premier League.
"I have done my job very well. I thank the players, assistants and staff and I am happy.
"I am proud, this is my first time in the Premier League. It was not easy because this was not an easy season for Swansea."
The Swans' impressive victory against Liverpool gave them an unassailable 11-point lead over third-from-bottom Sunderland.
Guidolin in the dark about future
Guidolin has previously stated he and chairman Huw Jenkins have already started planning for next season.
However, Guidolin's contract expires at the end of the current campaign and, despite publicly declaring his desire to stay at the Liberty Stadium, the Italian does not know if he will be offered a new deal.
"I say many times I want to stay. The chairman knows I want to stay," said the former Udinese manager.
"He is planning next season and the situation is better. The club is ready to play for next season.
"We have spoken about next season but I do not know if I will be here. It is not my decision, I am waiting.
"If it is yes, I am happy. If it is a no, I have a holiday for a long time. I have no idea."