Notts County manager Ricardo Moniz has received an official warning from the Football Association for remarks made after his side's League Cup defeat.
The 51-year-old disputed a penalty decision given against County in their 5-3 loss at Aston Villa and described match officials as "arrogant."
Moniz said he was disappointed but accepted the FA's decision.
"Sometimes you have to stand up, not to offend, but to have a normal dialogue," he told BBC Radio Nottingham.
"It's a big honour to be in England and I told them I want to stay, but I'm not going to change my character. I will never change."
The former Tottenham skills-coach also criticised several County players for choosing to stay put despite them being deemed surplus to requirements at the club.
The Magpies have signed 19 players so far this summer with the transfer window due to shut on Tuesday.
"Last year I told them they were good players, but I have no place for them, so they can be influential at a lower level," he said.
"But sometimes they only want to sit and take the benefit of the salary. We have too many players who I can't use.
"If they are not influential in a specific strength they will not play at Notts County."
Meanwhile, Notts chief executive Aileen Trew has resigned for personal reasons.
The club confirmed in a statement that chief operating officer Luke Negus-Hill will take over as interim CEO.