Welsh Premier, Cup & non-League round-up

Welsh Premier League


Corbett Sports Welsh Premier

Top 6

Bangor City 3-1 Carmarthen Town: Defender Anthony Miley opened the scoring for Bangor after only 45 seconds at Nantporth before Christian Doidge levelled for Carmarthern. But further goals from Jamie Petrie and Les Davies saw Bangor secure their first win of 2014.

Welsh Cup - Quarter Final

Aberdare Town 1-2 Bala Town: Mark Connolly's two goals saw Bala win at Aberdare to secure their place in Monday's semi-final draw. Sam Small had cancelled out a first half opener for the visitors before Connolly scored the winner with 12 minutes remaining, with Aberdare finishing the game with 10 men following Richard French's dismissal.

Aberystwyth Town 2-1 Caersws: Aberystwyth recovered from conceding an 11th minute goal to beat Caersws at Park Avenue. Adam Jenkins gave the visitors a shock lead only for Chris Venables to equalise from the penalty spot two minutes later after Antonio Corbisiero had been brought down in the box. Geoff Kellaway scored the winner four minutes into the second half, tapping in from Craig Williams' cross.

Holywell Town 2-1 Porthmadog: Welsh Alliance Holywell Town, the lowest ranked side left in the competition, caused a shock with victory over Cymru Alliance side Porthmadog at Halkyn Road. Sam Jones gave the home side the lead on 35 minutes before Leon Newall equalised for Port a minute before the interval. But Dafydd Griffith secured Holywell's place in the semi-final with a minute remaining.

The New Saints 2-0 Airbus UK Broughton: Two goals in the final 10 minutes from Mike Wilde and Sam Finley saw The New Saints overcome the challenge of Welsh Premier League title rivals Airbus UK to secure a place in the last four of the Welsh Cup.

Skrill North

Colwyn Bay 1-2 Barrow

Calor Division One South & West

Merthyr Town 3-1 Cirencester

Shared Access Welsh Premier Womens League


Aberystwyth Town 1-5 Swansea City

Caernarfon Town 3-2 Newcastle Emlyn

Llandudno Junction 0-5 PILCS

Port Talbot Town 1-0 Llanidloes FC

Wrexham FC 3-3 Cardiff Metropolitan