Doncaster Rovers 2-1 Yeovil Town

Mark Duffy

Mark Duffy's late free-kick eased 10-man Doncaster's Championship relegation fears as they beat bottom club Yeovil.

Dean Furman gave Rovers an early lead when he turned in Federico Macheda's cut-back from six yards.

Former Doncaster defender Byron Webster equalised for Yeovil two minutes before half-time.

Furman was sent off for a second bookable offence 10 minutes from the end, but Duffy whipped in the winner from a tight angle.

The visitors, with only two wins from their opening 15 Championship games, were behind after 11 minutes against a Doncaster side who began the evening fourth from bottom.

Macheda, signed on loan from Manchester United for the second time this season on Thursday, squared Mark Duffy's pass across goal for South Africa international midfielder Furman to score after Fraser Fyvie had given the ball away.

Fyvie had a free-kick saved by Doncaster keeper Ross Turnbull, but was replaced in the 31st minute as Yeovil manager Gary Johnson made a tactical switch.

Johnson then lost left-back Jamie McAllister with a collarbone injury, but saw his side equalise when Webster, who played 14 times for Doncaster between 2009 and 2011, turned in Shane Duffy's header across goal from a Liam Davis free-kick.

Yeovil's Chris Dunn, making his debut in goal after on-loan keeper Stuart Taylor returned to Reading for family reasons, held a 20-yard shot from Paul Quinn and a free-kick from David Cotterill.

Turnbull then beat out a Davis shot at the other end, before Doncaster's Duffy shot straight at Dunn after being teed up by Macheda.

Yeovil's hopes of a first away win since the opening day of the season increased when Furman - who helped South Africa beat Spain 1-0 in a midweek friendly - was sent off for a late tackle on Ed Upson.

But Duffy, signed from League One side Scunthorpe in the summer, earned Doncaster a first win in five league games with a free-kick from wide out on the left that beat Dunn at the near post.