Swansea 0-0 Manchester City

Manchester City's Sergio Aguero clashes with Swansea defender Chico Flores during the Premier League clash at the Liberty Stadium.

Manchester City have still to score at the Liberty Stadium after this tame goalless draw with Swansea.

They had the better of the chances, with substitute Edin Dzeko missing an open goal with five minutes remaining.

But Roberto Mancini's FA Cup finalists, who go seven points ahead of Chelsea in the league, could not find a way past Michel Vorm in a low-key encounter.

The Swans have not won a game since their 1-0 victory over Newcastle on 2 March, but stay in ninth place.

A point for City gives them a cushion in the race for second place but they were nowhere near their best in a match that had the air of two teams going through the motions at the end of a long season.

Media playback is not supported on this device

'Incredible' misses frustrate Mancini

For the hosts, the match marked an important anniversary - it was 10 years to the day since they beat Hull City to retain their place in the Football League.

And Leon Britton, the only player still at the club who played in that famous 4-2 win over the Tigers, started for the Swans in midfield.

His side had the best of the early chances with Pablo Hernandez shooting over the bar from 10 yards, and Michu failing to hit the target from even closer - both opportunities set up by work from Nathan Dyer.

Hernandez was again wasteful when put through on goal by Wayne Routledge, his first touch letting him down and his weak shot trickling wide of Joe Hart's right-hand post.

Manchester City had had a scare before kick-off when James Milner aggravated an injury in warm-up, but the England midfielder started and saw an early shot on goal blocked by Swans centre-half Ashley Williams, who was superb throughout.

Media playback is not supported on this device

Laudrup targeting top ten finish

And City should then have scored when Samir Nasri volleyed weakly into the arms of Vorm from close range.

The visitors had a let-off themselves, however, when Matija Nastasic appeared to bring down Michu in the penalty area, referee Mike Jones waving away the penalty claim.

The Swans then needed a combination of Williams and Vorm to deny David Silva just before the interval.

Manchester City came out for the second half with Dzeko on in place of the lethargic Yaya Toure, and immediately showed more urgency and aggression, but could not get past the rock-solid Williams.

However, the pace was at best sedate, with Swans manager Michael Laudrup introducing Kemy Agustien in place of Routledge and Luke Moore for Michu, who appeared to be carrying an injury.

City missed another chance to take the lead when substitute Carlos Tevez and Pablo Zabaleta combined to set-up Dzeko, who missed an open goal from four yards.

Silva then blasted wide with the Swansea defence in disarray.