Carlos Tevez could make Man City return against Bolton
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini says Argentine striker Carlos Tevez could play against Bolton on Sunday.
Tevez missed City's pre-season tour and start of the new league campaign having been given an extended break due to his involvement in the Copa America.
Earlier in the summer, the 27-year-old said he wanted to leave the club and vowed never to return to Manchester.
"He will probably be available although I want to wait until Saturday to make a decision," said Mancini.
Tevez looked set to join Corinthians in July, but that move fell through with the Brazilian side claiming there was not enough time to complete the deal before their transfer window shut.
The former West Ham and Manchester United striker has also been linked with a move to Inter Milan but Mancini said there had been no recent interest from other clubs in the Argentine.
Mancini added that despite wanting to leave the club, Tevez was mentally fit to play against Bolton and had been focused in training.
"He has worked very well in these two weeks," added Mancini.
"When Carlos plays, he always plays very well and gives 100%. I think maybe he is not 100% fit, but his mind is okay."
Meanwhile, new national manager Alejandro Sabella has left Tevez out of the Argentina squad for a pair of friendlies in Asia next month.
Sabella, who has named one squad of domestic players for back-to-back friendlies against Brazil and one including overseas-based players for games against Venezuela and Nigeria, has overlooked Tevez but included his new City team-mate Sergio Aguero in the latter.