£22m bid for Luka Modric ridiculous - Harry Redknapp
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says Chelsea's reported £22m bid for midfielder Luka Modric is "ridiculous".
Redknapp told BBC Sport that he was not aware of an official approach for the 25-year-old Croatia international.
"Luka is not for sale," said Redknapp, who remains determined to hold on to his best players this summer.
"But if there has been a bid of £22m, that is ridiculous. There are people being sold for £20m who are not fit to lace Luka's boots."
Earlier on Thursday, Modric's representative told BBC Sport that any potential suitors would need to pay in excess of £22m to have any chance of signing him.
"Luka is happy at Spurs but if an offer came in that was acceptable to the club and player, we would be willing to discuss it," said Nikky Vuksan.
"In my opinion, £22m is a valuation that is too low for the player."
Modric arrived at Spurs from Dinamo Zagreb in 2008 in a £16.6m deal.
He quickly established himself as a key figure, helping Spurs qualify for the Champions League for the first time in his second season at the club.
In his 120 games for the London outfit, he has scored 12 goals and his impressive displays as the creative force in the side has reportedly attracted attention from Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City and Barcelona.
Modric signed a new six-year deal at the club only last year, with Redknapp describing him as "irreplaceable".
But in an interview with Croatian newspaper Jutarnji List last month, Modric said: "If an offer comes which is good for Tottenham and for me also, then a transfer is possible."
Meanwhile, Redknapp has failed to agree a pay-as-you-play contract with former England defender Jonathan Woodgate.
The injury-plagued 31-year-old has now been released by the club.