Manchester City defender Vincent Kompany is confident his side can go on to greater things after winning the FA Cup to end their trophy drought.
City beat Stoke 1-0 in Saturday's final at Wembley to secure their first piece of major silverware since 1976.
Kompany said: "This is a feeling we want again. In the dressing room afterwards, some of the guys whispering 'we want more of these'.
"We have laid down the foundations, now we want to build a house on it."
The 25-year-old Belgium international also helped City qualify for the Champions League but says winning the Cup is just as important.
"This club obviously has ambition but we have something to show for it now and we can move forward from this," he explained. "We want to do it again. I was looking at Patrick Vieria and he's got five Cup winners' medals, so I think that has to be the ambition of everyone here… why stop now?"
But Kompany, who moved to Eastlands in August 2008, just days before the club was taken over by Sheikh Mansour's Abu Dhabi United Group, admits winning the Premier League remains a tough task for City, despite the oil-rich club's huge resources.
"Can we win the title next year? We'll see. To win the title you have to be first. At the moment there are still three teams in front of us, but we have always taken a step forward in each of the three seasons I have been here.
"So we are just thinking of achieving something better than this year - if we do that, we will be very close to our target which is to someday win the league."
There has already been much speculation over who City boss Roberto Mancini might bring to the club in the summer, with Barcelona midfielder Xavi among the players being linked.
A host of players are also set to leave Eastlands, but the future of Carlos Tevez, which has been in doubt since he handed in a transfer request in December, remains uncertain.
City's football administrator Brian Marwood told BBC Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek programme the 27-year-old Argentine international would not be kept against his will.
Marwood said: "Roberto says if players don't want to be there then they can leave. It is no secret that Carlos wanted to leave earlier in the season, but we are working hard to keep him.
"But he is a massive player for us, he gives us everything and showed great leadership qualities. I hope Carlos reflects on the season and what we've achieved and feels he wants to be part of it next season. It is up to him to think through in the summer.
"You'd like to think Manchester City is going to be an interesting place to be over the coming few years. We've spent a lot of money and there has been a lot of change, I don't think there will be major changes. It will be about finessing the squad."