The Football Association has delayed its verdict in the case of QPR midfielder Alejandro Faurlin due to the quantity of evidence being considered.
The decision on the Argentine's ownership was originally due on Friday but that will not now happen.
The Championship's league winners may be deducted points if they are found guilty on some or all of the seven charges against them.
But the Football League hopes to present the trophy QPR on Saturday.
"This decision will only be reviewed if the verdict of the ongoing FA tribunal affects standings in the Championship table before that time," said a Football League statement ahead of QPR's game with Leeds at Loftus Road.
BBC Sport understands the tribunal could remain sitting through the weekend and that a decision could come at any time.
QPR manager Neil Warnock urged the club's fans to celebrate his side's achievements on Saturday.
"I love Loftus Road and I want the fans to enjoy the party on Saturday," Warnock told the QPR website.
But those celebrations could turn sour if the tribunal imposes a points deduction significant enough to shake up the positions at the top of the table, where QPR are currently nine points clear of third-placed Cardiff.
That could have a knock-on effect on the make-up of the Championship play-offs, which are scheduled to be played on 12 and 13 May, with the second legs on 16 and 17 May.
"It is a nightmare, a logistical headache and, potentially, a legal minefield," said BBC Radio 5 live senior football reporter Ian Dennis. "Earlier in the week I was under the impression that the play-offs could have been moved back five or six days.
"Discussions had taken place but I think that was if a decision had been reached enabling QPR to, if required, lodge an appeal.
"Now my understanding is that the play-offs remain on the original dates, which depending on the outcome of the hearing, means problems for the clubs if the positions are forced to change, and logistical issues with ticketing arrangements and the police."
The hearing at the FA's headquarters in Wembley began on Tuesday, with an announcement on the findings and any possible sanctions originally due to be made on Friday.
The charges facing QPR concern the alleged existence of an agreement between them and a third party in respect of Faurlin's economic rights, and the alleged failure by the club to notify the FA of that agreement before the player was registered to play for them in England.
The club has also been charged with allegedly using or seeking to pay an unauthorised agent as part of the Faurlin deal, while both the club and chairman Gianni Paladini have further been charged with allegedly submitting false information in documents provided to the FA relating to a contract extension signed by Faurlin in October.
If found guilty of some or all of these charges, QPR could be punished with anything from a fine to a points deduction.
Former Football Association chief Mark Palios told BBC Radio 4 on Tuesday that if the club are found guilty they would be docked points based on set precedents.
Warnock accused Palios of "cheap publicity" and said it was business as usual at Loftus Road.
"We are just concentrating on beating Leeds [on Saturday]. We have been the best team in the league by a mile all season and nothing is going to detract from that.
"It is probably the best job I have ever done in the past 13-14 months and the celebrations are going to be as good as any celebrations could be."
The full FA statement read: "It was originally indicated that the decision of the commission on the charges and on any sanction, if appropriate, would be announced by 4pm on Friday 6 May 2011 if possible.
"This will now not happen. A decision will be made and announced as soon as possible thereafter."
The outcome of the hearing could also affect Plymouth Argyle.
BBC Sport understands that the west country side, relegated from League One, have taken legal advice because they are entitled to a six-figure sum of money if QPR are promoted from a player they sold to the Londoners.