Welsh Premier/non-League round-up


Welsh Premier logo


Llanelli 3-0 Prestatyn (Fri): After a first-half stalemate, Llanelli took the lead three minutes after the break, as Rhys Griffiths notched his 23rd of the campaign. Craig Moses doubled the advantage two minutes later before Jordan Follows added a third in the final minute of normal time.

The New Saints 2-3 Neath (Fri): The New Saints wasted a glorious opportunity to put one hand on the Welsh Premier League title by losing at home for the first time this season.

Matty Williams gave the league leaders a half-time advantage, but Paul Fowler and Matthew Rees scored within two minutes with less than 15 minutes remaining to put Neath ahead.

Craig Hughes gave the visitors a two-goal cushion five minutes from time, and there was no way back for the Saints despite Chris Sergeant's 90th-minute strike.

Port Talbot 1-2 Bangor City (Sat): Bangor closed the gap on leaders The New Saints to just a point as they came from behind to beat Port Talbot.

Luke Bowen had put the Steelmen in front with a neat half-volley, but Alan Bull levelled just before the break after a goalmouth scramble.

And Bull claimed the winner of the Citizens with a superb solo effort which squeezed in off the post 20 minutes from time.

Neath 1-2 Bangor City (Mon): Craig Garside's early double ensured Bangor City have to beat leaders The New Saints in their winner-takes-all final game of the season on Saturday to take the title.

The midfielder's brace ensured Bangor's first back-to-back win since January before Lee Trundle scored a late consolation for Neath.

Port Talbot 1-1 Prestatyn Town (Mon): Lee Hunt rescued Prestatyn a point with a second-half penalty after Lloyd Grist had given Port Talbot the lead just before the break.

The New Saints 3-1 Llanelli (Mon): Chris Sharp scored twice against Llanelli as TNS set-up a final-day title showdown with Bangor City.

Sharp's double and a Matty Williams penalty ensured victory as Rhys Griffiths scored a consolation for Llanelli.


Haverfordwest 0-2 Airbus UK (Sat): Goals from Ian Sheridan and Paul McManus piled the misery or already-relegated Haverfordwest and took Airbus a point clear of Aberystwyth at the top of the Play-off Conference.

Newtown 1-0 Aberystwyth: (Sat): Robbie Millington's 23rd-minute goal proved enough to clinch victory for Newtown, taking them five points clear of Bala, who occupy the final relegation spot.

Bala Town 4-0 Carmarthen (Sun): Bala boosted their survival hopes as victory over Carmarthen took them back to within two points of Newtown. Shaun Kelly gave the home side a slender first-half lead, but goals from Mike Hayes, Ryan Marriott and Mike Hayes after the break secured a comfortable win.

Bala will avoid relegation if they beat already-relegated Haverfordwest next Saturday and Newtown lose at Airbus.


Hucknall Town 0-1 Colwyn Bay (Sat):


Portishead 1-4 Merthyr Town (Mon):