Tour of Britain: Jack Bauer wins stage five as Julien Vermote retains overall lead
Jack Bauer won the fifth stage of the Tour of Britain in an exciting sprint finish in Bath.
The New Zealander, riding for Cannondale-Drapac, beat Frenchman Amael Moinard and Britain's Erick Rowsell on the 194.5km stage from Aberdere.
Bauer, 31, was part of a breakaway that led by five minutes over the peloton but was almost caught on the line.
Yellow jersey holder Julien Vermote retained his six-second overall lead over Britain's Steve Cummings.
A hilly sixth stage in the eight-day race takes the riders 150km from Sidmouth to Haytor in Dartmoor on Friday.
Stage five result:
1. Jack Bauer (NZ/Cannondale-Drapac) 4hrs 45mins 25secs
2. Amael Moinard (Fra/BMC Racing) same time
3. Erick Rowsell (GB/Madison-Genesis)
4. Caleb Ewan (Aus/Orica-BikeExhange)
5. DylanGronewegen (Ned/Lotto Jumbo)
6. Boy van Poppel (Ned/Trek-Segafredo)
7. Jens Debusschere (Bel/Lotto Soudal)
8. Daniel McLay (GB/Great Britain)
9. Nicola Ruffoni (Ita/Bardiani)
10. Domingos Goncalves (Por/Caja Rural-Seguros Rga)
General classification after stage five:
1. Julien Vermote (Bel/Etixx - Quick-Step) 23hrs 07mins 29secs
2. Steve Cummings (GB/Dimension Data) +06secs
3. Ben Swift (GB/Team Sky) +1min 03secs
4. Tony Gallopin (Fra/Lotto Soudal) same time
5. Dan Martin (Ire/Etixx Quick-Step) +1min 04secs
6. Xandro Meurisse (Bel/Wanty-Groupe Gobert) +1min 08secs
7. Dylan van Baarle (Ned/Cannondale-Drapac) +1min 12secs
8. Tom Dumoulin (Ned/Giant-Alpecin) same time
9. Jacopo Mosca (Ita/Trek-Segafredo) +1min 16 secs
10. Nicholas Roche (Ire/Team Sky) same time