Lizzie Armitstead loses lead as Borghini wins Tour of Flanders
Briton Lizzie Armitstead lost her lead in the UCI Women's World Cup as Italy's Elisa Longo Borghini won the women's Tour of Flanders in Belgium.
Borghini, 23, made up for finishing fourth in the last two years, with her Belgian Wiggle-Honda team-mate Jolien D'hoore taking second place.
Armitstead finished eighth after an early puncture and suffering a snapped pedal cleat in the closing sprint.
The 26-year-old slips behind D'hoore after three rounds of the World Cup.
Armitstead, with the Boels Dolmans team, had gone top of the 2015 standings following last month's victory in the Trofeo Alfredo Binda in Italy.
Longo Borghini attacked 20km from the finish of Sunday's 145km race that took in cobblestone sections and 10 climbs, building a lead of around a minute that she held until the end.
Rabo-Liv rider Anna van der Breggen of the Netherlands finished third.
Women's Tour of Flanders result:
1. Elisa Longo Borghini (Ita/Wiggle Honda) 3hrs 50mins 43secs
2. Jolien D'hoore (Bel/Wiggle Honda) +43secs
3. Anna van der Breggen (Ned/Rabo-Liv) Same time
4. Annemiek van Vleuten (Ned/Bigla Pro Cycling) Same time
5. Elena Cecchini (Ita/Lotto Soudal) Same time
6. Alena Amialiusik (BlrVelocio-Sram) Same time
7. Pauline Ferrand Prevot (Fra/Rabo-Liv) Same time
8. Elizabeth Armitstead (GB/Boels Dolmans) +45secs