World super-featherweight champion Ricky Burns will make the third defence of his WBO title against Englishman Nicky Cook on 16 July in Liverpool.
Former world champion Cook made a winning return after a two-year injury absence to beat Youssef Al Hamidi in six rounds last Saturday.
And Scot Burns is relishing the prospect of an all-British encounter.
"There's always something special in the air when England and Scotland clash," said the 28-year-old.
"This fight will be no different. I've not had a defence against a domestic opponent yet, so I am relishing this one."
Cook is a British, Commonwealth and European champion but until Saturday had not fought since losing his WBO super-featherweight title in 2009 to Puerto Rican Roman Martinez, who Burns beat in a thrilling fight last year to claim the title.
"I'm still hurting from that night [Martinez defeat]," said the 31-year-old Cook, who beat Scot Alex Arthur to claim the WBO super-featherweight belt in September 2008.
"The only way to heal the pain is to beat Ricky Burns.
"Burns has done well as champion, but believe me, I'm going in their all guns blazing to win back my old belt.
"I beat a Scotsman in Alex Arthur to win the title, and I'll beat another one to get it back."
Burns hopes to add the IBF belt to his WBO title with a fight against South African Mzonke Fana later this summer.