You can listen to or download podcasts for free on the BBC Sounds app or from the BBC Sounds website on your computer. From our website, you can download podcasts as MP3 files. You can transfer the MP3 files to a portable device, such as an MP3 player, to listen to on the move. On the BBC Sounds app, podcasts are downloaded directly onto the app, so you can enjoy them at your leisure.
You can also subscribe to receive a podcast, rather like you might subscribe to a magazine and get it delivered each week. This way you will automatically receive the latest episode of your chosen podcast as soon as it's available.
Find out more about podcasts in the following pages:
- What's the difference between downloads, podcasts and streaming?
- How do I find podcasts?
- How long are podcasts available for?
- How do I download a podcast episode on my computer?
- How do I download on the BBC Sounds app?
- How do I subscribe to a podcast or programme?
- How do I unsubscribe from a podcast or programme?