The BBC Sounds app brings together live and on-demand radio, music and podcasts into a single personalised app.
Your BBC Sounds app will be completely unique to you as it’s designed to learn from your listening habits. You'll have one-tap access to the latest episodes of your favourite BBC podcasts and radio shows, and we'll introduce you to new audio you wouldn’t otherwise have discovered from the 80,000 (yes, really!) hours of BBC audio available.
Here’s a quick rundown of what you can do on the BBC Sounds app:
- Listen live to any of the BBC’s 18 national stations via the dial at the top of the homepage, or tap See All Stations & Schedules to listen to any of the BBC’s 40 local stations
- Pick up where you left off with Continue Listening
- Discover new sounds through the Recommended For You section, constantly refreshed with new content just for you based on your listening
- Browse by category from Crime to Food & Drink, Classical to Hip Hop, and everything in between
- Listen later by adding any individual episode or clip to your Bookmarks
- Download programmes and podcasts to listen to when you're offline
- Subscribe to any podcast or programme and get a personalised feed of the latest episodes in My Sounds
We've added a bunch of additional features since the app was launched and we're busy working on even more. Check our What features are you working on within the BBC Sounds app? page to find out what's coming up next.
Where can I get the BBC Sounds app?
Install the app for free from your app store:
- Amazon Fire: BBC Sounds in the Amazon Appstore
- Android: BBC Sounds in the Google Play Store
- iOS: BBC Sounds in the Apple App Store
You’ll need to sign in to the BBC Sounds app with a BBC account. Don't have an account yet? Don't worry - you can register in a few simple steps here.