First, find the programme or podcast you'd like to download. You can search for programmes using the menus and categories on the homepage, or tap on the search icon to search for a programme or podcast.
- Tap on the individual episode you'd like to download
- Select the Download option
The programme will start to download, and you'll be able to see how the download is progressing.
Once it's finished downloading, you can find it in My Sounds > Downloads.
How do I play my downloaded programme?
To make sure you're playing the downloaded version of your programme:
- Go to My Sounds, then Downloads
- Tap the black play button to the right-hand side of the programme you want to listen to
This will ensure you're playing your download rather than streaming the programme online.
Why are my downloads queued?
Your downloads might get stuck in a queue if you're trying to download over a mobile network and haven't enabled this in the app.
- Go to My Sounds > Settings > Download settings
- Make sure 'Download over mobile networks' is switched on
How do I remove a downloaded programme?
- Head to the Downloads section in My Sounds
- Find the programme you want to delete and swipe it to the left <<
- Tap Delete
You can also tap Edit in the top right corner and then the X icon to delete downloads.
How long do I have to listen to the download?
You can download and listen to most programmes offline for 30 days after they're broadcast. The app will remove downloaded programmes at the end of the 30-day period, so keep an eye on the expiry date of each programme you download to make sure you don't miss out.
Some programmes are only available for a shorter period or are not available to download at all. This is because we have different rights agreements for different types of programmes e.g. sporting events.
Can I download programmes and podcasts over a mobile network?
Yes. The option is disabled by default but can be enabled in Settings (select the cog icon in My Sounds).