On April 2, 2008, Zane played out this epic album in full, just as The Libertines intended it to be heard. The show also contained interviews and other music to put the album's greatness into context.See the tracklistings
Browse the complete album artwork by clicking on one of the images below:
We asked you to send us your 'Masterpieces Masterpiece' - a picture explaining why the Masterpieces album meant so much to you and why you think everyone should hear it. Click on the pics below to see the gallery of the pictures created.
Also, during the show, we asked you to text us your stories and opinions about the album - here is a selection of the texts we received:
· This band made music for me. the sound and lyrics were for me as vital to life as air when i first heard them.dave, lincoln
· The most inspiring album of this century. Pete and carl are my generations greatest heroes, no contest.
· There was a big void in music before the libertines theyre the reason i picked up the guitar from the real josh pike
· This album is the best gift i have ever had. 4 weeks after i first heard it my best friend who have me it died in a car crash. This album helped me rediscover my faith in love and music. I started writing music again and still am! Thank you for this. Ben in oswestry
· I had the worst taste in music until this album came out changed my whole outlook on music stuart glasgow
· My life began the day i heard the libertines, their words read like a tragic love story! Who knows the future of music if they stayed together! Jamie, Reading
· This album has pulled me from the wrath of poor music and into the arms of a world full of imagination, poetry and has taught me to love and let go. X
· Hearing people saying the same as i feel about this band is getting to me! i've got tears in my eyes now. Dave in Sheff
· I love the sound and variety of the libertines and dont know much about them and again am just enjoying learning more. Some songs are soul stopping sarahX
· Cancelled a date with my hot new work mate so i could stay in for Up The Bracket tonight! The Libertines come first! Pete, Leicester. X
· Sarah in leeds sat in her room on her own whilst people with no musical taste what so ever party to cheesy pop downstairs. I LOVE THIS ALBUM
· libertines, possibly one of the most amazing and infuencial band since the beatles! Lottie in plymouth
· Kids in bed, dog got his toy,beer open, music up, here we go! Zoe xxx
· This is makin me so nostalgic. Im climbin these foUr walls!
· Im missing the football for this thats how good this album is up the libs from steven in south london
· If anyone ever asks me in my life what era i came from i say the libertine era and listening to this reminds me why! Azza derby
· I am a hip hop fan and never have heard this album before. Has blown me away. Sarah, Newcastle
· The text from the hip hop fan declaring their love for this album actually moved me.. Wow. Best album of all time. Can't believe its 6years old!
· Im stopping revision for my exams to listen solidly! Im praying they'l do another reunion gig soon.
· The friends the fun the feelings- what memories. I am so happy right now! Xx b xxx
· a true masterpiece. Best british album of the decade. Am singin every word in my room.Allyn from Taunton
· i cant express how much i lv t libertines, fandabydozy! Thanx 4 honouring them!
· are you playing this just to make me cry? x