Serbia & Montenegro: Ivana Dimitrijevic
Mezzo-soprano - born 1975
BBC Cardiff Singer of the World and Song Prize competitor
Ivana Dimitrijevic was born in Belgrade, Serbia. She graduated from the Faculty of Music, University of Art, Belgrade, where she studied with Biserka Cvejic and also studied at the RAM with Elizabeth Ritchie and Ingrid Surgenor. She has participated in master classes with Christa Ludwig and Paul-Émile Deiber, Tom Krause, Ann Murray and Anne Hannen.
From October 2001 she was a member of the Opera Studio of the National Opera Theatre in Belgrade, where she performed as Dritte Dame Die Zauberflöte, Marta Faust, Hänsel Hänsel und Gretel, and Mamma Lucia Cavalleria Rusticana.
Operatic and concert engagements have included Mme Haltiére Cendrillon, RAM, Dalila Samson et Dalila, RAM, the Mozart Requiem and the Verdi Requiem.
Awards include Ludmilla Andrew Russian Song Prize (2004), finalist of the Opera Rara Bel Canto Prize (2004), representative of the RAM at the Clonter Opera Prize Competition (2004) and numerous others.
Ivana Dimitrijevic held the RAM Entrance Scholarship-Kobler Award, and scholarships from the Embassy of Norway, the Society of Music and Ballet Educators of Serbia and the Melanija Bugarinovic Foundation. She was also supported by the Josephine Baker Trust.
Ivana enjoys drawing and painting, spending time with her friends and two little nephews, and loves playing with her dog and six cats at home in Belgrade.
Singer of the World with Orchestra Concert 3 repertoire
- Tchaikovsky: Ya nye spasobna k'grusti tomnaj, Eugene Onegin
- Massenet: Werther...Werther...Qui m'aurait dit la place, Werther
- Rossini: Cruda sorte, L'Italiana in Algeri
Rosenblatt Recital Song Prize Concert 2 repertoire
- Richard Strauss: Heimliche Aufforderung, 4 Songs Op 27 No 3
- Rakhmaninov: Utro, 6 Songs Op 4 No 2
- Rakhmaninov: Let me rest here alone!, Songs Op 26 No 9
- Montsalvatge: Punto de Habanera (Siglo XVIII), Cinco canciones negras
- Montsalvatge: Chevere, Cinco canciones negras
- Montsalvatge: Canción de cuna para dormir a un negrito, Cinco canciones negras
- Duparc: Au pays ou se fait la guerre