Lynsey Le Keux
Lynsey's interiors style is 1950s American atomic.
1. Who is your style hero?
Jayne Mansfield and her 'Pink Palace' home.
2. If you had an unlimited budget to spend on your home what improvements would you make?
I would tear it down and rebuild it into an open plan, atomic ranch with floor to ceiling glass and exquisite original furnishings.
3. Would you have the room you created in your own home?
Absolutely, I'd love to have a Jetsons inspired candy themed bedroom!
4. What did you learn from taking part in ‘Your Home In Their Hands’?
I learned how very subjective my own taste is. I get so excited about vintage aesthetics, but to others, the clutter and colours can be a nightmare. I think I'm best channeling my passion into my own business premises and home, rather than other people's!
5. What is your golden rule when it comes to interior design?
Listen! It's so much fun to run away with your own fantasy ideas, but one persons dream isn't necessarily another’s.
6. What is your DIY tool that you just can’t live without?
A jigsaw. I love making my own shelving and signs in shapes inspired by diners and motel signs.
7. What is your biggest DIY achievement?
My salons. So much love and passion from both my sister and me have gone into them, taking something old and once loved and reinventing it for our customers to enjoy.
8. What’s your biggest DIY disaster?
Anything involving precision. I'm not very patient and more of a big picture sort of person. Small projects tend to take a few tries.
9. If you could design a room in any building in the world, what room would you design and why?
I'd go back to the some of the now dilapidated streets of Route 66. I’d return them back to the vibrant and bustling centres of commerce they were before the highways of America shut down so many livelihoods and iconic attractions. I'd fill the diners back with roller booting pin ups and Teddy Boys and fill the streets with Chevys and Cadillacs.