Scotland: Lee Bisset
Soprano - born 1973
BBC Cardiff Singer of the World and Song Prize competitor
Lee Bisset is a full-lyric soprano. Originally from Scotland, she studied in Glasgow, Manchester, Italy and at the National Opera Studio in London. She has won the Dame Eva Turner Award, the Webster Booth Award and the Joyce and Michael Kennedy Strauss Prize.
Concert appearances have included Mozart's Requiem, Handel's Samson and Messiah, Strauss' Four Last Songs, Mendelssohn's Elijah and Verdi's Requiem.
Operatic roles have included Lady Hamilton and Fanny Nelson in Rupert Bawden's The Sailor's Tale (The Yorke Trust), Tatiana Eugene Onegin (Clonter Opera), Donna Elvira Don Giovanni (Rydale Festival), and Fiordiligi Così fan tutte (Grange Park Opera and Pimlico Opera).
At the time of the competition Lee Bisset was a member of ENO's Young Singers Programme. Plans subsequent to the competition in 2005 included First Lady Magic Flute for English National Opera, and Tatyana in Eugene Onegin for Diva Opera.
In her spare time, Lee enjoys reading, walking, drinking coffee and eating cake with friends.
Singer of the World with Orchestra Concert 5 repertoire
- Mozart: Ah corri, vola...Quest' improvviso tremito, Lucio Silla
- Massenet: Celui dont la parole - Il est doux, il est bon, Hérodiade
- Janácek: Stevo, Stevo, já vím, Jenufa
- Verdi: Mercè, dilette amiche, I vespri siciliani
Rosenblatt Recital Song Prize Concert 2 repertoire
- Mendelssohn: Suleika, Songs Op 34 No 4
- Richard Strauss: Blindenklage, Songs Op 56 No 2
- Rakhmaninov: Otryvok iz A Mjusse, Songs Op 21 No 6
- Donizetti: La mère et l'enfant
- Rossini: Anzoleta co passa la regata, La regata veneziana No 3