Anna likes to transform spaces into illustrative worlds. A world that is naive, humorous, and clever; a simplified representation of domesticity and everyday life.
1. Who is your style hero?
Keith Haring and Paddington Bear
2. If you had an unlimited budget to spend on your home what improvements would you make?
I don't need any improvements on my home, apart from a washing machine! However, I would spend the unlimited budget to buy a house in London!
3. Would you have the room you created in your own home?
4. What did you learn from taking part in ‘Your Home In Their Hands’?
Always meet the client before designing a room and discuss what ideas and styles they like, rather than just doing your style in their home without meeting the client! And, also never to go on TV again!
5. What is your golden rule when it comes to interior design?
Start with a white canvas.
6. What is your DIY tool that you just can’t live without?
My giant black marker pens.
7. What is your biggest DIY achievement?
Making people laugh and smile when they come into one of my spaces.
8. What’s your biggest DIY disaster?
Nearly blinding myself by dropping a glue gun on my face!
9. If you could design a room in any building in the world, what room would you design and why?
I always dream of designing the Turbine Hall at The Tate Modern. I would create a huge 'Paddington Bear' world, with a 3D drawn carousel, and swings. I love the black and white drawn world in Paddington Bear, and I would like to create an intricate world like this, where people could play and share creatively.