Zara's style is a combination of classic luxury, glamour and heraldry.
1. Who is your style hero?
My style heroes are designers Candy and Candy. I admire their opulent style and keen eye for detail; they encapsulate my design ethos by combining classic design with state of the art technology.
2. If you had an unlimited budget to spend on your own home what improvements would you make?
If I had an unlimited budget for my own home I would create a number of breathtaking rooms, starting by installing a glass observatory to watch the stars. I would then continue to fill my home with state of the art technology, unique and unusual pieces.
3. Would you have the room you created in your own home?
Absolutely! I loved the room I created. The overall finish was outstanding. It represented my high-end style incorporating unique objects and classic design in a small space.
4. What did you learn from taking part in Your Home In Their Hands?
Taking part in You Home In Their Hands was a fantastic experience; I learnt that not everyone likes to live in luxury!!
5. What is your golden rule when it comes to interior design?
My golden rule is ‘put practicality first’! An interior scheme is no use if it only looks good; it has to function well too.
6. What is your DIY tool you can’t live without?
A measuring tape!! No interior designer should be without one.
7. What’s your biggest DIY achievement?
My biggest achievement is a recently completed transformation in my family home. I designed and created an open plan kitchen, living, dining and sitting room, from what was originally four separate rooms. It is now a glamorous and elegant space with captivating lighting and accessories.
8. What’s your biggest DIY Disaster?
On some occasion’s disasters cannot be avoided. However, it is essential to adapt and overcome such situations; rather than obstacles I view them as opportunities to make designs even better than before.
9. If you could design a room in any building in the world, what room would you design and why?
A room in a royal palace would be a dream, as I feel that my designs would be right at home there! The combination of rich royal history, opulent fabrics and spectacular architecture would be the ultimate place to showcase my designs.