Korea: Tae-Hyun Kim
Baritone - born 1975
BBC Cardiff Singer of the World and Song Prize competitor
Born in Seoul, South Korea, Tae-Hyun originally studied at Yensei University, Seoul before moving to Germany and studying first at the Hochschule für Musik Hans Eisler, Berlin and then the Hochschule für Musik und Theatre, Hamburg.
Amongst his many prizes and competition wins are first prize in the Ferniccio Tagliavini competition in Austria in 2000, and second prize in the 2001 Francisco Viñas Competition and the China International Music Competition in 2002.
Tae-Hyun entered the 2003 competition having just performed the title role in Tartuffe by K Mechen at the Vienna Kammeroper.
His hobbies include sports especially tennis, football and jogging and he is also a keen photographer.
Singer of the World with Orchestra Concert 1 repertoire
- Mozart: Hai già vinta la causa!...Vedrò mentr'io sospiro, Le nozze di Figaro
- Tchaikovsky: You wrote a letter, Eugene Onegin
- Verdi: È sogno? O realtà, Falstaff
Rosenblatt Recital Song Prize Concert 4 repertoire
- Schubert: Erlkönig
- Grieg: Varen, Songs Op 33 No 2
- Fauré: Les Berceaux, Songs Op 23 No 1
- Tchaikovsky: None but the Lonely Heart, Songs Op 6 No 6
- Vaughan Williams: The Vagabond, Songs of Travel No 1
- Brahms: O Tod, wie bitter bist du, 4 ernste Gesänge Op 121 No 3